MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

@kakamac 56 Its such a roller coaster this recovery and l know exactly what you mean! I had a dreadful calf cramp a couple of weeks ago, didn't know where to put myself, as you said, left the calf really sore. Sometimes they say cramp is caused through lack of salt but must admit that's not a problem l normally have! You might not go to work, but you probably have a much harder job looking after your parents. I'm so pleased you're seeing a Physio, you're probably further on then you think. When I see my friends they always comment on how well I'm doing, which surprises me as l don't really think I'm progressing that well! I remember how tired l was when l had my left knee replaced, so at least had a little bit of prior knowledge.
 
Had knee class today, doing pretty well and signs of improvement apart from the fact the hamstring and the ITB are so tight, just wish they'd loosen up a bit!
 
@CATSMUM that's exactly like me. Maybe we will feel a difference about the same time and it is soon lol ....

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
 
@CATSMUM I was having some IT band tightness and pain. At home I would massage it by rolling a tennis ball or rolling pin over it from hip to knee which actually helps. Last Thursday at PT he had me laying on my side facing away from him. He picked up my whole left leg and stretched it behind me, stretching the IT band, it hurt a little at the time but I haven't had any issues with it since.
 
@bdink21 Thanks for the info, the Physio I initially saw last year said to get a tennis ball and do exactly as you suggested. Will try that again after I've finished my knee course. The IT Band feels a little easier this morning as we did stretches yesterday during my knee course session. Pleased to hear that yours has improved.
 
Second day of working from home, feeling very tired and although I've been icing and elevating, knee is still quite stiff and a little tender. Got friends popping over tonight, hope I don't fall asleep when they're here! My boss is coming tomorrow so I expect she'll give me lots to do!
 
@sdgrandma It really is good, amazing how it takes the tight feeling away when you wear it. Although l went for the large one (not XL), the Velcro square was too far back and almost cut my circulation off, the solution to that was to buy a Velcro self adhesive patch from eBay!
 
Just waiting for my boss to arrive. Have iced knee and elevating it at moment. Pity the laptop isn't playing ball at the moment, perhaps that needs icing and elevating :heehee:
 
I have started using it and think it does work. Glad I bought it .....give me a shout if you find thst slim knee lol

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
 
@kakamac 56 Really pleased to hear that you're glad you bought it, I always find it such a relief when l put it on! Still looking for that slim knee, lol.
 
@CATSMUM I'm delighted with the band now I have worn it or a few days. When I take it off I can really feel the difference. I would certainly recommend it if you anone is thinking about it. Had Mt first physio and felt good after it. Have it in 4 weeks time and got some exercises yo follow....as the physio said everyone at different stages so take it at your pace...which I was glad. Told me I am doing well for just over 3 months and it's just strengthening the knee now feel a lot better knowing it's on the tight road ...
 
@kakamac 56 I am so pleased to hear that you're delighted with the band, think the company should pay me a bonus for recommending it, lol. Like you, my knee feels so much better when I'm wearing it, and feels so tight when l don't! Sounds like your Physio appt went well, must be such a filip for you to be reassured that you're recovery is progressing well. The road is a long and bumpy one, but you're quite a long way down it!
 
Went to knee class yesterday, confirmed that the pain/tightness l get at the side of the knee is the IT band, was told that l would probably benefit from deep massage by the Physio, however, I'm going to continue with my home massage (as shown on the bonesmart pages) and review after I come back from my hols!
Drove a few miles today (about 3, lol), knee was slightly tender by at least l managed it. Went to the pub for a couple of drinks, beautiful afternoon and it was wonderful being able to sit outside and enjoy the sunshine and warmth. Hubby is bbqing and its smelling good!!
 
@CATSMUM yes you should be on commission lol....yes it's good yo see that light at the end of the tunnel. I was going shopping today and was at my area before I realised I didn't have my walking stick....I'm not that brave yet so went back for it....

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
 
Caught up with your thread now. You should definitely be on commission for the IT band support! I find that it helps ease the tightness at the bottom of my knee but not the tightness across the front which I guess must still be scar tissue. Hope the BBQ was nice.
 
@kakamac 56 I actually left my stick at the self service checkout and hadn't realised until I'd left the shop and started walking home, thankfully, I was only a few steps outside!

@Raffs Bbq was very nice. Went food shopping by myself for the first time today, knee was a little achy when l got home. Wore my IT band which really helps the stiffness at the side.be interesting to see what the OS says on Tuesday about your tightness across the front of the knee. Just had a delicious Sunday roast cooked by hubby and l!
 
Knee was very tender overnight. Think I may have overdone things slightly yesterday with the IT band stretches, driving, pushing a trolley round the supermarket, picking up shopping bags and cooking lunch! Thank goodness for the ice! Working from home again this week, extending my day from 4 hours to 5 hours per day by the end of the week. Its forecast time so could be busy, that's if l can remember what l have to do - roll on retirement!
 
Had a good knee class today. Physio commented on how much fluid my walking was, apparently it's improved dramatically over the last week. ROM has definitely improved, now at about 115 degree although extension is still not zero but it's getting there. Feeling a lot happier now.
 
@CATSMUM That's brilliant it's good to hear that progress is good from your knee classes....I'm hoping there is improvement when I go back to the physio in 3 weeks I certainly feel I walk better with the IT band on .....here's to progress may it continue for you

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom