MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

It's the tendons/muscles/ligaments that need to be loosened up. The knee feels tight especially on the outer side. Guess the stretching helps to re-educate them after they've not worked properly for years.

Knee hasn't been too bad today, walked to the pub and back! Off to the show tomorrow so will report back tomorrow evening.
 
Just back from the County Show, knee a little stiff now after walking long distances and up many a hill! (The most I've done since having my knee done) Beer and food excellent though so can't complain. Now icing and elevating.
 
How're you doing after your weekend of adventures??
 
@Raffs Surprisingly I'm doing well. Had a lovely weekend in Charmouth, went to Lyme Regis with our friends for breakfast this morning before we came back home. Knee is better than I expected although l did wake up cramp in the early hours this morning in that leg!! Think the knee classes are helping me to strengthen it but just so impatient to get back to normal! How's things with you?
 
That sounds excellent! So pleased that your knee is finally behaving. Your weekend sounds lovely. You don't need to tell me about impatience!!!!! I'm ok, just posted a very long update and a photo on my thread. Back to work now.....
 
Glad those knee classes are working out for you. Looked up Lyme Regis so I can effectively live vicariously through you. What a neat town! Saw it is 18 degrees Celsius there. Sounds much more appealing than the rainy 29.5 C here.
 
@Slainte It's a lovely town, right on the coast. Very old buildings and a great sea front. Great restaurants and food too! Hubby and l visited Florida in 2012 so l know what you mean about the heat!
 
Knee class cancelled today. Glad in a way as knees were aching after the weekend! My right knee does appear to be improving now after my falls. Got to be almost back to normal by 5 Oct as hubby and l are off to Portugal!
 
Why cancelled? Are you pleased with how the knees behaved after the weekend apart from the aching? I'm going to Cyprus on 7 Oct so we'll be away around the same time.
 
@Raffs They said due to unforeseen circumstances. The studio floor in the health club was being replaced over the weekend so it might be that it ran over! I am pleased with how they've behaved, thought they might have been stiffer after the weekend, they are a little tender but not as bad as l thought they might be. Bet you're looking forward to Cyprus, lovely break for you after the time you've had. We're away for about 9 days but apparently the apartment we rent now has wifi and Internet TV!
 
Had an easy day today after trying to get my knee to go flat in the bath last night! Really shouldn't have done that as l think l tweaked my ligament! Been icing today I'm between going out for lunch with a good friend. Just about to catch up with My Kitchen Rules Australia, followed by Great British Bake Off, hubby is golfing so I'm home alone, perfect! Lol.
 
Hmm...I like that I'm not the only one who does something that isn't that sensible but then goes and does it again!! Just finished watching GBBO - bye bye Alvin!
 
We never learn do we, lol. Nadia was lucky to stay in GBBO, overall she was better than Alvin, must be a little bit of a come down after being Master Bsker last week to almost being sent home!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Went for a walk today, knee was a little tender when l got home. Prepared dinner for the first time since surgery. Now icing and elevating my sore knee :nah:
 
Hmm, sore knees today seems to be a theme! I hear you! Hope your dinner is yummy. We're being lazy and have a ready meal tonight.....we don't do that very often. I'm off up Hill-gate shortly to the salon for some lovely waxing so I'll see how my nuisance feels when I get back.
 
It does doesn't it, not really sure why it's playing up as was feeling quite good earlier on, I did lift a heavy parcel that was left here for a neighbour so could be that! Decided that we're going to have a roast tonight, just need to par boil the tatties and put the other bits and pieces in the oven at the same time. Yummy.
 
Both my knees are playing up today. Probably overdid things yesterday. Left knee (which hasn't got a patella) feels as if the patella tendon may be inflamed as very tender at times, especially when l bend it. The right knees lateral ligament is also playing up! Took in a delivery for a neighbour yesterday and didn't realise the box was so heavy, so that's probably not helped. Went for 1/2 mile walk yesterday without cane and then stood for quite a time preparing dinner, so l suppose that I shouldn't be surprised that my knees are protesting. Seeing Physio today at my knee class so I'll be able to speak to them about it!
 
Reassuring, I have a second one to come, hopefully before the end of the year. The first was certainly painful at the start, probably for a little over two weeks be told. Mainly my ankle for some strange reason, the knee itself has really been OK from Day 1. I was walking without sticks at three weeks and driving soon after - good to believe that the second could well be easier!
 
Looking forward to hearing how your knee class goes today. Take it easy-ish!!!
 
@Raffs will do my best but it's not easy when my brain is telling me to go faster, but my knee has other ideas!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom