MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

@Raffs it didn't. Got behind the wheel, started the engine and managed to get to the end of the road before my knee complained, badly! Think I will need to get the knee into better shape before attempting it again. Had first knee class today, worked on strength, balance and walking - now icing it!
 
@Poz222 Thanks, I was a little disappointed but I'm not willing to risk putting it back further just so that l can drive. Walking will do me for now. Hope you're doing ok.
 
Not a lot to report at the moment. Knee is fine after yesterday, albeit a little stiff. Got to wait for an on,one grocery order before l go out for a walk. Quite pleased that knee is behaving at the moment.
 
After saying my knee was fine yesterday, it woke me up at 1am this morning! Calf muscle and itb band was sore, had to take a codeine (8mg) and paracetamol. Iced it as well and, fingers crossed, it appears to have settled down. Had a bath last night and may have strained it pushing myself up out of the bath, may need to resort to showers again until it's a little stronger.

Went out for tea and cake with a friend this morning, hadn't seen her for a few weeks so,was good to catch up. Pity the weather wasn't better, quite chilly and cloudy in Wiltshire today, as the tearoom overlooks a lake.

Have he cat sitters coming this evening to talk about feeding Mr Fergus whilst we are away at the weekend and also for our hols next month! Hubby also discovered that our rented holiday apartment now has internet TV and WIFI, so we're both happy about that.
 
Claire, I just got up on your thread and am glad to hear that progress is being made in the right direction! I am a month ahead of you but still battling my ITB off and on too. It had gotten quite a bit better then bothered me again last night. Today, it's better again though. I wish I knew just what I did to make it flare up.

Roxie
 
@Kansas Teacher Roxie, the itb band is a blooming nuisance, seems to have a mind of its own. Happy to hear that yours is better today, guess we just have to be patient and realise that the day will come when we will no longer suffer from that particular annoyance!
 
@CATSMUM and @Raffs -- reading your back and forth posts makes me feel a bit like I am snooping on a private conversation, but it also makes me want to visit England and Scotland! A cuppa and cakes sound so appealing. You are both making progress and that gives me hope, too.
 
@sdgrandma Feel free to chip in with comments. If you're ever over here, you'd be very welcome to pop,I'm for a cuppa and cakes. My progress is very slow, too slow at times, I know I'll get there eventually but as the old saying goes, recovery from TKR is a marathon not a race.
 
You may end up with more visitors than you want, @CATSMUM ! @sdgrandma , your state is beautiful too. We love the Black Hills and are contemplating a trip there this fall.

I think we shall all get there in time.

Roxie
 
@CATSMUM, so sorry about the blimp in your recovery. Makes you wonder whether saying you had a good day is a guarantee of a relapse the next day. (I hope you don't think I'm being flip by saying that -- I know from personal experience how frustrating these blips and bumps in the road to recovery can be.) It's Thursday, so hopefully you'll be feeling well enough in a day so you can enjoy your weekend. Remember, I'm looking forward to your having extra fun for me at the country fair. :)
 
Why is it that whenever we say our knees are behaving they then turn around and misbehave - aargh!! I think @SarahJane has a point!

Sounds like you've had a good day. Hope Mr F was polite and well behaved when the sitters came round!

What are the symptoms of a badly behaved IT band? Are your issues the same as @Kansas Teacher ?

@sdgrandma agree with catsmum - progress too slow but we're getting there. We'll be happy to give you the grand tour of the UK once our knees are behaving! @Kansas Teacher - you too, of course!
 
I'm partial to PG Tips and cream scones with Devonshire cream and strawberries, and have been known to enjoy a high tea with cucumber and salmon sandwiches, or a ploughman's lunch with Branston pickles and Kaliber, in case you're planning to host the First Occasional International Bonesmarties Tea Party, @Raffs and @CATSMUM. LOL. If the UK Customs permits, I'd be happy to bring some guacamole, chips, salsa, and agua frescas (fresh fruit juice drinks) and Napa Valley wine or other California cuisine...
 
Ooh, I will bring smoked mullet, shrimp grits, and key lime pie!
 
Sounds like we're organising a UK bonesmartie garden party, lol.

@Raffs Have had tight itb band issues for many months, this is as a direct consequence of my original knee injury, the tendon gets very tight and swells, just have to wait for it to settle but it could take a time. Inhibits walking and knee just feels tight the whole time! The cat sitter wasn't able to come last night and is coming in about 15 minutes, Mr F is snoozing upstairs at the moment, whether he comes down, that is another matter!!

The blimp is temporary but very annoying. Knee isn't feeling too bad this morning thankfully, will have a chat with the Physio about the tenderness and see what they say, sure it's because I'm using muscles that haven't been used in a long time! Looking forward to my weekend away after my knee class this afternoon.
 
Sounds good to me! @SarahJane and @Slainte - yes please! And Ghirardelli chocolate squares too, please!

Hmm, ITB issues don't sound fun at all. Really hope it improves soon. Did Mr F come downstairs to introduce himself? How was your knee class?

Have a wonderful weekend away.
 
@Raffs Mr F didn't come downstairs, we took Charlie up to see him!! Had a word with the Physio yesterday and she said that it just needs to be loosened up, said my bend was good. Walking was also good too so knee class went well. Knee did hurt quite a bitumen doing some of the exercises but isn't too bad this morning. Weather so far is sunny and about 16 degrees centigrade.
 
Why would he come downstairs?? He's the master, after all!

What did your PT mean by "loosened up"? Is your knee stiff or tight? Mine isn't so stiff anymore but it is tight from the tight band, if that makes sense?

Hope the knee doesn't react to yesterday and that your're enjoying your trip so far. How's the country fair?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom