MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

@Raffs I did get them from eBay. £9.95 for 10 packs l believe. Just put koolpak instant ice packs into the search criteria. Very easy to use.

Knee is feeling quite good this morning, only hope I'm not tempting fate by saying that. Slept well last night, hubby escorted me back to hotel about 8.30pm before he went back out! I heard him fumbling at the door about 12.30am this morning, his key card didn't work!! Had brekkie, washed hair and will have shower before l get ready to go to the wedding, only problem so far, really, is that the bath sides are really high and l have problems getting in and out so need hubby's help! Should have asked for a disabled room. Mind you when it was booked l didn't envisage still being slightly challenged!!

Next report from the reception!
 
Just ordered a pack of 10 from EBay - thanks.

All sounds good so far. I've got a walk in shower at home but will need to use a shower over a bath in Brighton in 2 weeks so I've been practicing by sitting on the side of the bath, swinging my legs over into the tub and then standing up. Same procedure in reverse to get out.

Enjoy the wedding, have a lovely afternoon and looking forward to your next update.
 
@Raffs glad you've ordered some. Just iced my knee for the first time. The rose is going down well at the moment!
Helping me deal with the knee stiffness:wave:
 
Very good idea. I found last weekend that champagne and wine helped a lot with stiffness and pain!! Enjoy.
 
Just got back to the hotel. Knee is quite stiff, I iced it twice with my instant ice packs but l guess sitting with it bent for so long is not good. Amazingly my cryo cuff Is still quite cold. I did get very cross as the chap sitting next to me spilt a whole glass of white wine over my clothes, must admit that l was less than complimentary, had to ask my hubby to get me a cloth, which he failed to do! Got a taxi back to the hotel so now relaxing with a cuppa. Hubby and other relatives are still enjoyable the free bar at the venue!
 
Slept well. Knee a little stiff and itb band is a little swollen this morning. Although the cryo cuff hasn't any ice in it now, the coldness of the water is very soothing. Back to Wiltshire today.
 
Hope your return trip is pain-free and comfortable. Very glad you were able to go. Hope you found it, wine spills aside, a good experience.
 
@SarahJane Thanks, it's normally about a 3 hour trip with a stop, so nothing to the road trips you guys probably take when you go away, lol. It was lovely seeing all the family again and the wedding was very enjoyable. Just wish my knee was further on down the recovery road and l could have boogied the night away!
 
Morning. Did you find the Koolpacks effective enough? I've bought the cover thing too. I would have hit that guy with my cane if I'd had it been me!!! Hope your clothes aren't ruined. Which part of your ITB is swollen? Hope the journey home is smooth and quick. Got any photos to post?? I haven't posted this weekend other than on your thread - been busy. I'm putting my knee through its paces a bit to see how it copes. Will update later or tomorrow. Who's looking after Mr F?
 
@Raffs The koolpaks were quite good, they do go very cold. They last about 20 minutes or so. Thankfully he clothes will wash, just pleased it wasn't red wine as they would have been ruined! It's the part that goes from mid knee to just under he knee, same area I've always had swelling. Got a few photos but only had my phone so not too many taken.
Mr F is being looked after by one of neighbours. We're going to get a professional service in, l think, to look after him when we go to Portugal on October.
Don't overdo things with your knee!
 
@CATSMUM - glad your knee behaved relatively well at the wedding.. and glad you had a good time visiting family.. (I would have been a little impatient with someone spilling wine on me too.. - sorry to hear about that.)

You will be able to boogie all night in the future, I'm sure.. It's just a matter of time.. :yes!:
 
@Braunzie Thankfully everything washed without problems. The next big wedding is next year, so,hopefully l will be fully back to normal by then! Even my left knee (replaced in 2013) is playing up a little! I have faith to believe......
 
Woke up very early this morning 3.45am! Got family bbq this afternoon so hopefully the weather will improve by then. Knee isn't too stiff this morning after the weekend - initially it was quite stiff and tender on Saturday evening but after resting and icing its eased considerably, hopefully that means I'm back on the recovery road again properly. Hubby will be driving this afternoon as I still haven't yet got behind the wheel!! One good thing came from the weekend, Mr Fergus the cat has definitely been using his flap to go in and out as he was wet (it's raining) when l fed him this morning.
 
It is pouring here today, really hope your BBQ isn't a washout! Good to hear that your knee survived the weekend well. Hurrah for cats that have worked out how to use their cat flap!!!
 
@Raffs Its raining here too. Supposed to dry up for a couple of hours before starting again. Very damp and miserable. Got my first knee class tomorrow afternoon and then his Friday we're off to Charmouth for a long weekend with some friends, haven't seen them since May so looking forward to that. Supposedly going to the Dorchester County Show on Sunday, so I'm hoping the knee will be good enough to walk around for a time by then!
Will pop over to your thread to see how you're getting on.
 
Oh I'd forgotten about your knee class. Will look forward to hearing about that. Am sure you'll be able to do some walking at the weekend. I've got a fold up chair that I took with me when we went to a summer fair pre-surgery. I haven't updated for a few days. There is a reason for this. I'm testing my knee out a bit this weekend so thought I'd do one long post tonight or tomorrow with a full report. I need to be sure that it'll be ok in Brighton in 12 days time so I'm pushing it a bit, no doubt into the ODIC but we'll see!!
 
@Raffs look forward to reading your post in due course then. I have a fold up stool which l might get hubby to carry for me when we go to the show. Think we're all guilty of thinking we can do lots of things and then joining the Odic club again.
 
Had a lovely afternoon/evening at a BBQ, knee behaved well. Iced once when it began to stiffen up. Definitely improving and beginning to settle at last. Going to see how driving is today!
 
Glad the rain held off for your BBQ. I love county fairs. Haven't been to one for a number of years due to knee issues, though. So please have some extra fun for me, OK?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom