MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

Slept badly last night. Cat still doesn't know how to use his new microchip flap! Silly thing even put his head through the tunnel last evening and triggered the lock meaning he could get in, did he, of course he didn't! Had to let him through the open door.

Knee isn't too bad although was quite tender and stiff last night. Got up early this morning and put the washing on and then put it out to dry in the garden. Also watered all the plants in pots as they were a little dry. Supposed to rain today so I'm hoping that will give the garden a good old soak. Hubby won't be back until late tomorrow evening. Taking it easy today and just resting up. Have got some easy cook meals for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow.
 
I have a silly/stubborn cat who refuses to use the cat door too!! Drives me batty... The other 2, no problems, just the one.. Sounds like a productive morning...
 
Glad I'm not the only one that's got an idiot cat! He uses it to go out, just doesn't like using it to come in, would rather wait hours for the door to be opened then use his head to open the flap! Oh well, it's due to rain in the UK tonight so he might get very wet!!

Just fetched the washing I and put it away, now resting and icing my knee. Not too bad, but a little warm!
 
Hey. Sorry, been missing for a while - birthday stuff. Going to update my thread shortly. How're you?

Has the idiot feline improved his cat flap skills yet??
 
@Raffs Hope you had a great birthday. I'm doing quite well, been busy this weekend, cooking my own meals, washing clothes etc. Hubby will be back later this evening as he's on his way back from Belgium (currently on the M25).

The idiot feline still has not improved his flap skills yet, locked him in last night due to the heavy rain as he's obviously not capable of working out how to use said flap! Think he'll have to go on a course! :heehee:
 
Hope you are feeling better... My ding-doing kitty managed to go out the cat flap, then woke me up plastered crawling up the screen door screaming his head off to come in (guess he thought he could climb in)? So I went back to tying the cat door open so he can go In/out without pushing (at least until I am able to get up and push him through it) :catbutterfly::gaah:
 
@Poz222 your cat sounds as mad as mine, lol. Although mine can talk, he chooses not to, even when he was lost as a youngster he did not speak or answer when my hubby called him. He did answer me with the wimpiest voice a cat has ever had! He'd managed to get himself stuck in a hedge and couldn't find his way out! I can push him through his flap, although he does try to resist by making all his limbs stiff as a board. Locked him in last night due to the weather.
I'm doing quite well today, although I'll be pleased when hubby is back to resume the household chores!
 
Knees are a little achy today. Probably did a little too much at the weekend whilst hubby was away. Still got a fairly tight band in the outer side of my knee. Guess I won't be doing too much today as its pouring down (and that's the forecast for the next few days!)
 
I also did too much over the weekend and was achey last night, but today the knee seems less stiff and the tight band not so bad, so maybe it helps to overdo??? It is smokey here, fires in different areas of the US, Washington and Idaho, is coming in here and not leaving. Rain is needed there! Hope you get less achey as they day goes on.
 
@tigwy11 Really pleased your knee is a little better. Must admit my tight band isn't as bad as it was so I'm hoping it's getting better. Think we probably need to do normal things to see just how the knee is. Think l saw a news article about the fires in the U.S. Really hope you get rain soon.
 
What's happened to the summer?? Rain, rain and more rain this week. Anyway....sounds like you survived your home alone weekend ok? Your tight band is in the same place as mine by the sounds of it, very annoying as it makes walking more difficult doesn't it? Hope you're ok. Wedding this weekend?
 
@Raffs I know, think we had our summer at the beginning of July and Saturday just gone! It's going to be horrible down here (as in London). Weathers ok if you have webbed feet! I just about survived my weekend, glad it wasn't any longer as the old knees are quite tender and stiff today. Was just reading online that the change in barometric pressure can affect tkrs/ptkrs and make them stiff and tender! I've always had a tight band which the Physio massages, think it's the ITB band in my case, you're right it does make walking more difficult. The ITB band on my left knee is also playing up a bit too, guess it's having to give a lot of support to the other knee and as there's no kneecap, there's less strength there so it is weaker than it should be! Apart from all of that I'm fine, lol.
Yep, wedding this weekend. Hubby's nephew is going to drive us to the hotel and see if he park in one of the nearby car parks. Think we'll be getting uber taxis to Islington Town hall and also to the pub after. How's things with you?
 
That hot weather was when I was in hospital having my surgery - it was BOILING in the hospital - no air con!

I think there might be some truth in that as my knee feels more tender again today than it did went it was warm and sunny at the weekend.

Glad to hear you're generally ok apart from the niggles and ITB.

Wedding should be lovely, hope knee behaves. I'm ok, haven't been on here much since Friday so trying frantically to catch up! Will update my thread shortly, been to see PT today.
 
@Raffs I hope they behave too. It was warm when l was in hospital, they had a climate control thingy that didn't work! It was very hot as it was pumping in hot air rather than cold (as the nurse later told me).

How did PT go? Will catch up later on your thread with everything that's happened over the last few days with you.
 
So nice hubby is back, he's currently cooking my dinner for me and also making sure the cat has something too! In fact, some news on that front, l believe he(the cat, not hubby) actually came in through his flap earlier today as no other door was open and he suddenly wandered out of the utility room into the kitchen - he was also wet so can only assume that he decided to use the flap to enter!
 
Shah nothing like being faced with getting soaking wet to motivate a ding-dong cat!! Glad hubby is home to pitch in a hand.
 
Yay to hubby doing the cooking and yay to non-idiot felines!
 
Knees feel a little happier this morning. Iced only once overnight, I find that the scar is more tender at the moment, especially the bottom of it.
Off out for lunch today as one of the girls from work is moving on to a new job. Hubby is coming as I'm not yet upto driving that distance. Going to take some instant ice packs with me just to be on the safe side.
No rain here at the moment, more is forecast l believe!
 
Morning. Supposed to be working, sneaking a quick look on BS, lol! My scar is tender at the bottom and the top. I think it is probably just healing going on under there still, nothing to worry about. Have a lovely lunch out, let me know what you think of the ice packs, I will definitely get some for my Brighton trip if you think they're worthwhile. It was lovely and sunny here but has clouded over so I'm expecting it to rain soon - probably just as I'm walking up the road to the dentist. Any update re idiot feline?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom