MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

@Raffs Think it's confidence with getting rid of my stick. Don't use it inside but, like you, l do use it outside.

As for the silly animal, he's off to the vets this evening as he came in this morning limping and not wanting to really put weight on his right front leg!
 
Yes, confidence with me too. Plus it is busy and a bit hilly around here so I feel safer with it until I'm more stable.

Oh no......! Any sign of a cut? They cause us such worry, don't they?
 
Not that l can see but it might be a puncture wound or even a claw that has gone into his muscle, failing that he might have landed awkwardly when he jumped over the fence and sprained or Ben broken his paw! He's insured but we still have to pay an excess of £150 and then 10% of the bill, so I'm hoping it's nothing too serious. He's been sleeping for almost 2 days apart from loo visits!
 
Knee is a little stiff this morning, the bruising after my fall last week is now turning a lovely yellow colour, l can also see that the swelling is beginning to subside. Think the walk l did yesterday might have been a little too much. Oh well, guess I'll just keep on taking the pills for a little longer. Off out for afternoon tea :cheers:and a short walk at Shearwater Lake in Crockerton, Wiltshire. Must remember to take my cane!
 
Oh so you're in the ODIC today too then?! I had to take a stronger pill again today. Afternoon tea and a walk sounds wonderful. Have a scone for me and watch out for the darn wasps! Have a lovely afternoon.
 
Had a bit of a disturbed night with the knee, went to sleep earlyish and woke up a couple of hours later as knee was hurting, used the cuff and dozed again, work at 1.30am with same problem, so took a couple of paracetamol (hadn't taken painkillers since 5.30 the afternoon before) also used cryo cuff again. Think l may well have overdone it with my walks yesterday afternoon. Off out today to visit family (BBQ this afternoon), and then friends coming tomorrow afternoon for BBQ so will be busy, may need to rest up on Monday. Hoping that knee will be vastly improved in a couple of weeks as I'm off to London for a wedding and won't be able to take the cuff with me, have a heated pad so will probably take that. We're staying in a hotel for the weekend but the rooms don't have fridges and the reception is being held in a pub which we will need to get a taxi to, beginning to think l might not be able to go!
 
Did you enjoy afternoon tea? Sorry to hear about the disturbed night. Enjoy your BBQ filled weekend!

Boots (and other places) sell single use ice packs. I think they come in boxes of a few. You crack the pack with your hands and they cool down. I think they stay cool for an hour or so. There is info on them in the ice thread in the library on here. They are supposed to be pretty good for travelling etc. I think they're used by sports coaches and physios. Might be worth thinking about buying some? Don't want you to miss the wedding!! BTW, if it's anywhere near me you would be more than welcome to come round to ice and elevate, lol!!
 
Afternoon tea was very nice, piece of homemade lemon sponge and a pot of tea, followed by walk around the lake.
I'll have a look at the boots website as that would be an excellent idea for the weekend. The wedding service is being held at Islington Town Hall and then a pub that's about 15 minutes walk away. We're staying in the Premierinn Islington which l believe is a fairly new hotel. Hubby's nephew is driving is and is going to park in one of the NCP car parks that are a short walk away.
 
Sounds like it could be do-able then. Take your cane for support and some of those instant ice packs and you should be ok. If you needed to, you could probably go back to the hotel for a rest/ice at some point, I don't think the venues are very far from each other. Let me know what you think of the ice packs as I'm thinking about getting some if I go to the conference in Brighton in 5 weeks.
 
@Raffs Just got back from visiting family, took my cryo cuff with me and used it a few times. Ordered some ice packs from eBay, 3 different sorts, so will try them out and let you know what they're like. Bought Easy ice packs, Ben 10 first aid ice packs and koolpak ice packs.
 
Love the idea of Ben 10 ones!!! Hope they're all good and help on your trip. How's Fergus?
 
I'll give you a full report when l use them. Fergus is acting as if nothing has happened! Wish we recovered from injury as quickly as animals appear to!
 
Tell me about it!! Enjoy the BBQ today.
 
Well after having a lovely bbq this afternoon, just slipped over in the kitchen! Think knee is ok, but have decided to ice it and elevate. Got physio on Tuesday so will get her to have a good check of it. :bricks:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
No no no no no!!! Did you fall onto the floor or did you manage to stop yourself in time?? You been on the rose wine this afternoon .....??! Really really hope you're ok.
 
Slipped and ended up on my bum. Knee twisted a little but l was able to get up by myself. Fingers crossed it's ok. Think I'd have known by now if it wasn't.
 
And, yes, I'd had a couple of glasses if rose and a cuppa!!!
 
Well, guess falling onto your backside was much better than falling onto your knee again. Will keep fingers crossed that it is ok.
 
Sounds like you are doing great! I ditched the crutch early on. PT said as long as balance is good, don't need one. I do lean on the cart quite a bit shopping though....
 
Knee is a little stiff this morning after my slip yesterday so long guess it's not that badly injured! Iced and elevated it last night and that's what I'm planning on doing today. Dreadful weather here so definitely not going out. Just ordered my last continuation fitnote from the GP, so all being well, I'll be starting my return to work plan on 15 Sept, possibly course have started earlier but l have an intensive Physio course starting on 2 Sept and if its anything like the one l did with the left knee, I'll need to rest for the first few sessions!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom