MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

That's because we all support each other, especially when things don't go to plan and we feel down. So nice to have support from Bonesmarties who have gone /are going through the same as you. :flwrysmile:
 
@CATSMUM - I'm betting your surgeon was being cautious in his time estimate for recovery.. just do what you can do and take it as it comes.. That's really the best you can do.. and remember all your friends here ARE going to be supporting you along the way!! You won't be alone..
:friends:
 
So glad all is going to be okay for you. Just gonna take longer. Patience right! Lol, I have a hard time with that sometimes so hope you are not like me!
 
@tigwy11 it will take a little longer, apparently part of the problem is that my left knee hasn't got a kneecap, had it removed many years ago (one wasn't put in when l had my tkr in 2013), that means my left leg isn't as strong/supportive as it should be, the fall has just added to this problem. My problem is that I've always wanted to run before l can walk!

@Raffs not feeling too bad this morning, knee still feeling a little tight with the swelling over the kneecap area, but that'll settle in time. Was woken up at 3.30am by cats fighting - unfortunately Fergus lost and was not too pleased! Lots of fur went flying and a couple of nicks to his face and ear but he's recovering!
 
Glad to hear you're ok. Naughty cats! Hope Fergus is ok and that it is mainly his pride that is hurt! My hubby still runs outside with a watering can to break up cat fights even though we know our girl isn't involved! Hope you're not feeling too down or disappointed re yesterday.
 
@Raffs I'm fine, just needed to let everything sink in. Just had to give the cat some painkiller as his lip appears to be cut! Silly animal, doesn't stop him eating though.
 
Just reading your posts, and you sound like you are doing great!! I had my right knee done 2 weeks ago today, and also my second time, too. But everything u said, sounds just like what I have been through! I had a lot of pain at first, and everyone on this Forum has been so helpful, supportive. Love it. So keep up the good work, and even tho you do feel good, take your advice, and take it slow!!:ice:
 
@louie this is a great forum isn't it, so supportive. I'll try and follow my own advice but it's not that easy, lol.
 
I know the feeling - run before walk! So no knee cap. Is that something they normally do? Do you still take pain meds then!
 
I had to have my kneecap removed back in 1979 after a previous surgeon had drilled holes into it to relieve pressure! Unfortunately the holes had all disintegrated into one large hole! The OS who did my tkr said that I was only the third person that he'd operated on that didn't have a kneecap and the the wouldn't be able to use a replacement, so no kneecap.

I still take meds although l had cut back last week before l had my fall. I take naproxen, paracetamol and codeine (15mg) - only take codeine when l need to.
 
Yes, still heavy duty pain meds. I got staples out on monday, and told Dr how the pain was so bad on the outside of knee, and right where kneecap was, and he said I had a lot of arthritis there. The pain was unreal, and so he is keeping me on 2 oxycodone every 4 hrs. Start to cut back during day, next week. That is only downside. I no eventually pain will subside..
 
I had to have my kneecap removed back in 1979 after a previous surgeon had drilled holes into it to relieve pressure! Unfortunately the holes had all disintegrated into one large hole! The OS who did my tkr said that I was only the third person that he'd operated on that didn't have a kneecap and the the wouldn't be able to use a replacement, so no kneecap.

I still take meds although l had cut back last week before l had my fall. I take naproxen, paracetamol and codeine (15mg) - only take codeine when l need to.

You have had a lot going on through out the years. I have heard sometimes they don't put in a knee cap on. I actually had no pain meds lat night but Tylenol PM and was ok.
 
@tigwy11 I certainly have, all started off when l was 12 years old and l dislocated my kneecap. Tried to delay my ltkr as long as possible but it got to such a point where l was about to be confined to a wheelchair, the OS reckoned that l should have had it done 10 years before l did. I was surprised when l wasn't given a replacement knee cap but it hasn't hindered me.

Well done you on not taking pain meds apart from Tylenol pm, that's a real achievement.
 
Had a successful walk to the local centre this morning! Looked as if it was going to rain but thankfully it kept off. Not much to report, swelling and bruising is continuing to improve and am only taking painkillers when necessary. Oh one thing, I was in our local convenience store, paid for my bits and pieces, packed them in a bag, and left. Got a few steps outside the store and realised I'd left my stick in the shop! Perhaps it's time to think about leaving it at home.
 
@louie My knee was stiff initially but eased a little, however, still a little stiffness, icing it at the moment. Guess we'll just have to try and be patient which isn't easy :loll:
 
@CATSMUM, yeah I am sitting here icing also.. it just boggles my mind to wake up and knee is stiff. I know I can't complain, I am so much farther ahead at this same point, than I was with my other knee.
 
Sounds like you're having a good day so far. That's fantastic re your cane - I can't wait to be rid of my crutch but still need it outside for now. My knee is always still unless I've just done some heel slides!! It does ease up when I move around.

How's the silly animal today?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom