Guest viewing is limited

MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

@Braunzie Thankyou, I'm really hoping I've not overdone it. I enjoy socialising and hubby and l are off to a 1st birthday party tomorrow - hopefully I'll be able to enjoy it to the full.
 
Forgot to mention that, to add insult to injury, got stung on my thumb by a wasp at the BBQ! Good job I have a medicine cabinet to rival a well stocked pharmacy!
Knee felt a little stiff this morning when l woke up, l then remembered that l hadn't taken any paracetamol since 5pm yesterday afternoon, that is now rectified. Managed to get by with just 1 x 15mg codeine yesterday, still taking paracetamol and my naproxen regularly, think I'm going to have to request more naproxen as will run out in the next week.
Slept for 6 hours last night which was very good for me. Thankfully the pain l initially had in the early days has gone and is replaced by the pain /stiffness related to overdoing things, think most of us have been there. Think my fall has only put me back a week or so, so not too bad.
Off to a birthday party this afternoon, it's being held in a local community hall so I'll be able to sit, was going to walk the 1/4 mile to the venue but think I'll ask hubby to drive.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone. :cheers:
 
Ouch! Wasps are the worst. They seem to have appeared all of a sudden this year. Great that you slept so well. Enjoy the birthday party.
 
You're absolutely right, the wasps seem to have appeared from nowhere.

Had a nice couple of hours at the birthday party, food was lovely. Left quite early as knee started to stiffen and swell up. Now icing and elevation.
 
@CATSMUM - glad you slept well. Hoping you've recovered from the wasp attach.. (ouch!).
Sounds like overall, you had a really nice weekend and are deserving of rest and time to elevate and ice. :flwrysmile:
 
Had a bit of a restless night, woke at 1.45am as knee quite tender and sore, probably overdid at the weekend and the bruising has come out more over the last day or so from the fall o had in Thursday, just hoping it settles back down again soon. Going to elevate and ice today, have been trying to cut out the codeine and just take paracetamol but think I'll need to take at least some 15mg ones until the knee is ok. Due to see OS tomorrow, expect he'll have something to say about my progress. Bit annoyed as I'd started to really improve. :bricks:
 
Sorry to hear that. Am sure it will settle again soon. It's great that you're getting to see your OS tomorrow. Perfect timing! Once the knee recovers from the fall hopefully it will catch up to where it should be by now. Shame we don't live nearer, could come round for a coffee!!
 
@Raffs I'm sure time will be the healer here, just too impatient! It is a shame, we'll have to have a virtual coffee, lol.
 
@CATSMUM - sorry about the mid-night pain. Hopefully you were able to get back to sleep and get some good rest until morning? Will be looking forward to what your OS says.. - I so understand the feeling of impatience. Hang in there! :friends:
 
@Braunzie I did manage to go back to sleep and also had a couple of hours this afternoon. Doing my best to be patient!
Will post an update tomorrow afternoon after I've seen the OS.
 
Hope it goes really well today. Looking forward to your update later.
 
Just got back from my OS appointment, X-RAY has been reported on after my fall and no fracture (we knew that but good to have it confirmed). He also tested to ensure that the ligaments were ok and they were, think I've been very lucky.

Still got to use my stick, ice and elevate until swelling has gone completely. Also got to mention the accident to my Physio when l see her again. I've definitely lost ROM and extension isn't good due to trip, however, he's not worried and said it will come. The accident has put me back though and he reckons that my initial recovery will be more towards 6 months than 3 months (due to this fall!). He wants to see me again in 3-4 months to make sure they all is well.
He did say the op went well and that I'm doing ok for 8 weeks out notwithstanding the fall.

All in all, it went well, but a little disappointed that my initial recovery may take longer than l anticipated.
 
Very pleased to hear that no long term or serious damage caused. So so sorry about the extended recovery period. That is really rough. You were doing so well. You must be upset and disappointed. I know I would be. Take heart that it's not worse and try to think onwards and upwards. Who knows, you might catch up a bit? Sending a big hug. :friends:
 
Thanks @Raffs that means a lot. I am a little upset and disappointed as you can imagine, hopefully l can bounce back (metaphorically speaking) sooner rather than later. Just got to look forward to the future now.
 
Yep. What's done is done, unfortunately. Can't undo that fall. So, dusting off and moving on is the only way.... You'll do just fine. And we're all here to get you there.
 
@Raffs always good to know that there is so much support and help available on this forum, it's what keeps me sane with this knee!
 
How disappointing about your recovery, but so thankful you've suffered no serious damage!
 
@PolarBear60 It is disappointing but l guess that time is a great healer and I'm just going to have to try and be patient and take things slowly.
 
@CATSMUM, sorry to learn of your fall. Thank goodness no lasting harm . . . I bet you are not so far behind on the healing game. No one over 10 years old can fall on a knee without some healing time . . . but I will bet that this doesn't double your tkr healing time--though we can all empathize, and if anyone told me it would take an extra 20 min past what I've already got ahead of me, I don't know what I might do to him/her. :-) But seriously, since you've been doing brilliantly, this is just a glitch, and you'll be catching up to your healing trajectory before you know it. And please come round to us Bonesmarties for some extra TLC whenever you need it. What would we do without each other?!
 
@jbrooklyn Really hope I'm not that far behind, I normally heal fairly quickly so I'm hoping the OS was erring on the side of caution rather than anything else. Don't know what I'd do without the support of the Bonesmarties.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom