MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

Ah that's such a lovely thing to say. Hopefully that will be the one and only accident I'll have with this knee. x
 
@CATSMUM - Oh so sorry to read about your tumble!! I can't imagine how painful and scary that must have been for you!! (Note to self - watch out for those chairs on the deck!!) Like the others, I'm so glad to hear the x-ray looks good. I'm sure with some ice, elevation and ice, you'll get back to where you were. Hang in there! :SUNsmile:
 
Had a fairly good night after my escapades of yesterday. Knee doesn't look too bad this morning, bruising is negligible. Have lost a little ROM but l guess that's due to the soft tissues that I've injured. Got a busy weekend ahead, friends coming for BBQ tomorrow and going to a 1st Birthday party on Sunday, so will be letting hubby do all the hard work today whilst l rest, ice, elevate and eat choccies :heehee:
[Bonesmart.org] CATSMUM's new road to recovery Latest pic of knee, looking quite good after my accident yesterday.
 
Very pleased to hear you had a good night. Hope you're not too shaken up still? Your weekend sounds lovely, enjoy the choccies! Hopefully by Monday you'll be able to forget that this happened and can carry on recovering drama-free.
 
@Raffs Feeling a lot better today, much less stressed. Hoping by Monday, my accident will be just a memory. x
 
@Raffs Still quite sore, bruising is coming out now, all at the bottom of the knee on left hand side. A little swollen so its stopping me from bending my knee as far as l was before, plus also walking with more of a limp at the moment. Have been icing and elevating today so hoping it will soon start to settle back down. Due to see my OS on Tuesday so l expect he'll have a good examination of it to double check that all is well.
 
Doesn't sound great but not awful either. Hopefully just a little setback. Good that you're seeing your OS on Tuesday - he'll put your mind at rest. Hope it continues to improve.
 
I'm sure it will. These joints are tough little things, However, I'm pleased that I'm seeing my doctor next week.
 
@CATSMUM I had dissolvable stitches, and like you two didn't dissolve and had to be pulled out causing bleeding. I dressed each and saw surgery nurse. She checked them and when they stopped bleeding told me to let air get to them as they would heal better. Hope the ones this time dissolve completely. Had a very short walk today it was lovely to get fresh air and on a lovely day. Maybe another one this evening.
I am having a lot of pain on thigh where tight bandage was on day 4. It has decreased my ROM which had been good on day three. I can walk and have increased Codeine with dread. I had been trying to keep dose low because of constipation. Lactulose instructions say it may decrease potassium levels and as mine were low in Hospital and only just came up in time for me to come home, I think I will try Senacot again tonight.

Last time the nurse at outpatients told me to buy a new jar of Vaseline and gently cover the scar every night and before a shower to help the scabs to fall off which it seemed to do.
 
@Majic Nice to hear from you. Seems as if dissolvable stitches cause problems for some people, such a nuisance though as it really extends the helping process. I wasn't able to get out for a walk today due to my unscheduled fall yesterday! Spent the day icing and elevating. Codeine is dreadful for constipation, I had to resort to lactulose today, have got senakot so might try them. Only taken one codeine so far today as trying to cut them out and just stick to paracetamol and naproxen.
Sorry to hear about the pain you're getting on your thigh, does massage help? I guess your ROM will be decreased as your muscles will have tightened up to protect your leg.
My scar is looking good, forgot about the Vaseline trick, should have tried that weeks ago!
 
@CATSMUM sorry about your fall, I fell -a faint- and didn't damage knee, put pulled two muscles, and could barely walk for 5weeks. Just recovered in time for this next knee, but have lost ROM and all leg very stiff still. It is not ideal to be supporting new one. Still it's better than poor Pansy, who has had two done. I can't imagine the trauma that would be. I do hope she is OK. Has anyone heard from her since Monday?
 
@Majic i just tripped and landed on my knee. Had my left one done 2 years ago but took most of the impact on my new knee! Hoping it won't take too long to recover. Due to see my OS on Tuesday so he'll be able to have a proper look at it. Not seen anything from Pansy check regularly on the forum. I hope all is well too.
 
Hoping your OS appointment goes well on Tuesday and that you're able to rest and ice much between now and then. :yes:
 
Didn't sleep as well last night, woke at 2am with pain. Knee was quite stiff, have stopped taking codeine and only take naproxen and paracetamol now.

Wondering if l should take a codeine at bed time.

Iced my knee a couple of times. Still a little tender this morning. Got friends coming over this afternoon so we'll see how things go.
 
Last time the nurse at outpatients told me to buy a new jar of Vaseline and gently cover the scar every night and before a shower to help the scabs to fall off which it seemed to do.
My scar is looking good, forgot about the Vaseline trick, should have tried that weeks ago!
It's best not to put anything on the scar until it is fully healed and all the scabs have fallen off spontaneously. You run the risk of introducing infection if you put something on an unhealed wound.

Trying to hurry up the scabs coming off is really not wise - they stay on as long as they do because healing is still taking place underneath them. Even though they seem to take ages, it's wiser to be patient and let them fall off on their own schedule.
 
@Celle thanks for your advice re Vaseline. My scar has virtually healed up now but will heed your words regarding Vaseline if l have any scabs in future (haven't used Vaseline on it).
 
Had a very busy day, friends over for BBQ. Didn't do that much but did get some bits and pieces ready, sat in the garden with them for 6 hours, now feeling exhausted, hoping to sleep well tonight, had to go and elevate leg as knee was getting very sore and stiff during the BBQ, hoping that I'll be ok tomorrow. Night night. :sleeep:
 
@CATSMUM - sweet dreams and good sleep! I'm a very social person, so your BBQ sounds great.. Hopefully you didn't overdue and you'll be the better for it when you get up to meet the day tomorrow!! :yes:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom