Guest viewing is limited

MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

How long does that take you? I'm doing about 10 mins but no idea of the distance! Like you, a little further gets me to the high street - coffee and, most importantly, the salon!!
 
About 12 minutes according to the app I've downloaded to my phone (map my walk). Unfortunately my hair salon is over a mile away and I'm not able to walk that far which means hubby has to take me.
 
That's about as far as I can do. Map my walk is a good idea! Hair salon is 20 miles away - beauty salon is usually less than a 10 min walk so probably a 20 min walk right now!
 
Wow, that's a long way to go, must be good. Yep, think we can safely double the time it takes to walk anywhere at the moment, lol.
 
My friend does my hair so it's part social and part hair, love seeing her hence the journey. At least double the time, I am SO slow...
 
Have had a good day so far, went out for coffee with a friend and had a good walk. Now icing my knee and about to take my meds.

Slept fairly well last night, knee not too painful, ITB is a little sore but as l had this trouble before I'm not surprised l still have it. Will massage gently and treat it (and the knee) as if it were a few weeks old baby.
 
Hope you've had a nice day babying your IT band and knee!
 
Had a good day yesterday, did quite a lot of walking. As the day was beautiful went with a friend to a nature centre to see their collection of various furries! The goats were so funny, vying with each other for the highest vantage point. Had to park quite a long way from the centre so that was my exercise for the day! My sister visited late afternoon and commented on how well l was walking. Felt pleased with myself and decided I'd try the bath, it was lovely sinking into that hot water, unfortunately I still don't have zero extension, so a little disappointment set in. Tried a few exercises to gerbil to go a little straighter, bend is a little better. However, woke at about. 4am woke with a huge ache in my knee, yep think I may well have overstepped the mark and joined the ODIC club once more after overdoing the stretches in the bath! That'll teach me - also didn't take codeine before l went to sleep, so remedied that too! Going to relax, ice and elevate today!
 
Hope your knee is feeling better today. Sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday despite your visit to the ODIC!! I can't imagine getting in and out of the bath yet - well done! You'll get 0 extension soon, just keep doing your exercises regularly but gently! You know that anyway, you're very clued up and a knee recovery professional!! :snork:
 
@Raffs had a lovely day yesterday, been quite busy today as hubby has been away on business and I've had to cook my own dinner, not used to that. Now resting!
 
Just got back from the Minor Injuries Unit, went out for a walk this morning, got back home and decided to go round to the garden and go in through the patio doors, huge mistake - tripped over one of the garden chairs and landed on my right knee which was only replaced 8 weeks today. Phoned my GP surgery and told to get myself to the hospital, saw the Nurse Practioner who was sure that it was just soft tissue damage as l could bend, straighten and weight bear but said that I'd definitely need an X-ray there and then. Had X-ray done and the replacement looks fine although it (X-ray) will be reported on by the Radiologist at the main Hospital (report should be back tomorrow)if there's a problem I'll be contacted. Due to see my OS next week so will let him know. Knee is swollen and tender so icing, elevating and taking my meds.
The nursing staff were impressed at my mobility at 8 weeks post op!
Good job hubby was home otherwise I'd have had to call an ambulance.
Guess I'll take it easy for the next few days and let it settle down.
 
Ouch! Glad everything looks good for now.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
@PolarBear60 Me too, you always worry that you've done something nasty to the replacement. I shall have to be much more careful in the future.
 
Oh, I cannot imagine how you felt. So glad that nothing serious was seen on the x-rays, but I am sure you are feeling vulnerable. And hurt! I understand these new knees of ours are pretty tough, as are you. Hugs and a gentle pat on your fabulous knee to you.
 
Had a good cry due to the shock. So pleased that l didn't do anything that time and rest won't heal. At least l got to see what you knee looks like and also had it confirmed that it's in alignment. Thanks for your hugs, they are needed as I'm feeling a little fragile. :boohoo:
 
Hi @CATSMUM Sounds like a BIG shock but all intact! These hips and knees do prove to be tough little things really! I was fairly recovered from January hip op when in June I fell really awkwardly down two stairs. I did fairly significant damage to my foot (now in plaster) but my hip was amazingly fine. These joints seem to prove themselves to us very well. We don't want to treat them too roughly but i found it reassuring to know this.

Was your minor injury unit good? Ours was. Excellent nurse practitioner, plus x rays plus referral to the fracture clinic. Busy but not as chaotic as A and E can be.
 
@copsham Thankfully all looks intact, just a huge shock! I'm always surprised at how tough these joints are. You poor thing having to contend with a foot injury now and in plaster!
The Minor Injury Unit we go to is in the next county (Sonerset) but takes shorter time to get to, they are also better, more friendly than the one in this county and it's also based in a fairly new local hospital, wait time was about an hour, the nurse practioner was excellent and stated straight away that an X-ray was needed, even allowed me to look at it. Only a few people in front of me but as they only have 2 consulting rooms I think an hour is good, in fact I've been there previously and literally been in and out within minutes!
 
No!!!! You must have been terrified. What an awful thing to happen. I would have been out of my mind with worry. Really glad to hear that all seems ok. I've read on here of several people who have had falls and it seems that these knees are made of tough stuff. Keep resting and letting hubby look after you. Take care and hope you're feeling ok now.
 
@Raffs can't tell you how frightened l was, really thought I'd damaged it. As you say, these joints are made of tough stuff. Hubby has gone out with a mate to play golf! Thankfully he cooked dinner earlier this afternoon so at least l don't have to do anything apart from rest with my leg elevated.
 
Wish I could have been there with you to offer some knee-moral-support. Although I know your hubby will have taken the best care of you. That's your one very bad thing done and dusted now - onwards and upwards and no more bad things. Hugs.
 
Back
Top Bottom