THR Can't sleep now back home.

I've had both hips replaced here in the UK. In both cases they gave me a list of questions about the height of my furniture, toilet, etc. I took the list to my pre-op. The pre-op team discussed my requirements with me and I was given the equipment I needed before I was discharged from the hospital post-op. During your post-op hospital stay physio will also discuss any equipment needs.
 
Best of luck with your 6 week post op on Friday.
I can unspderstand how getting back into the grind at home with the boys would be tiring.
You're still early into recovery. Hopefully you can sneak in a daily nap...
Wishing you a peaceful week.
@8peachY
 
@8peachY i was wondering did you have a limp prior to surgery and as its 6 weeks it it would have gone?
I'm anxious about my limp I've had it for 2 years hoping the surgery will help me walk 'normally' again
 
@8peachY i was wondering did you have a limp prior to surgery and as its 6 weeks it it would have gone?
I'm anxious about my limp I've had it for 2 years hoping the surgery will help me walk 'normally' again
Hi Nicknoc,

I did have a terrible limp before my op. Everyone used to make comment which got me down. I had to wear orthotics in my shoes too.
The limp has gone im just walking a bit stiff now, not in pain at all which is the main thing. Lovely to walk and enjoy my surroundings rather than being constantly worried if my next step is going to hurt. Over time im sure the stiffness will reside. I dont wear the orthotics now as i dont need to.
Take it easy.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk
 
Hi, Im fast approaching 6 weeks tomorrow. Im still trying to abide by the 90 degree rule & using my grabber to pick stuff up & my sock aid. Im also trying to be careful when turning round. This afternoon my operated hip has started stinging quite a bit (not sore). Can anyone tell me if this is the hip telling me to take it easy? Ive got my Post Op on Monday.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
 
Hi @8peachY . Have just written a bit on my thread spasms and icy weather about stinging incision. Might be of some help? Hope you’re coping well now you’re back home.
 
@8peachY Thanks for reply hope you didn't mind me asking. Wow you must of has a major limp to need orthotics am so pleased that you don't need to use them anymore. It must be such a nice feeling to be pain free . Hope your recovery is going smoothly and I hope your post op mon goes well.
 
I had stinging feelings whic I attributed to nerves waking up and healing.
 
:hi: Hi there.... @8peachY
Congrats at your 6 week post op!

Thinking the stinging is most likely normal.
I experienced so many odd sensations. Most were short lived.
The only ones I'd be concerned about are the type that are significant and escalating.
I'll bet it's gone by the time you visit the doctor on Monday.
Wishing you a great weekend. Best of luck at your visit!
 
Hello @8peachY, like Layla I also had lots going on. All seems to have settled, although I still get some random aches in varying places. None of it sticks around for long, so I'm not too worried about it. All the best for your appointment.
Take care
 
Thankyou everyone for getting back to me. Would be lost without this great forum & the lovely people on it especially in the small hours like now!
Descant, i too worried about bleeding when i was taking the Anticoagulant meds (my Surgeon was kind we took a tablet) to the point i didnt shave (acceessable arms) till well after id stopped taking it but in hindsight i doubt i would have bled excessively we arent on the meds long enough.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top Bottom