THR Can't sleep now back home.

Home definitely makes things better...I wasn't sure I was ready, and I was actually very nervous, but it was oh so much better.
You are doing great. So happy you will get to go home soon.:yes!:
 
Had RTHR on Friday sleep was broken but slept a little. Was great to have reclining bed as that helped & 2 pillows. Now home & im exhausted ive been in bed now 4hrs & cannot get comfy. I feel the discomfort in my pelvis. Im using either 1 or 2 square pillows or a V pillow behind my head. Can i use a pillow under my knee. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
 
I believe others on here have recommended use of pillow for elevation. I don't know how to copy link here, but if you go up to search, type in leg elevation and search "all pf bone smart" you will get a listing. Scroll down past the ads and you will see post from Josephine with dos and don'ts and pictures. Sleep can be difficult, especially first few days ir is. I slept in recliner at first.

Hope you get some rest.
 
I believe others on here have recommended use of pillow for elevation. I don't know how to copy link here, but if you go up to search, type in leg elevation and search "all pf bone smart" you will get a listing. Scroll down past the ads and you will see post from Josephine with dos and don'ts and pictures. Sleep can be difficult, especially first few days ir is. I slept in recliner at first.

Hope you get some rest.
Thankyou MammaT ill have a look at that now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
 
@8peachY ,
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
Definitely keep leg elevated and ice. Keep on top of meds and watch out for constapation. That’s what I’m doing I got home this afternoon. This is my second THR.
 
Hey there @8peachY
Wondering how your recovery is coming along.
Hopefully your pain is well managed. Use lots of ice. I found it so helpful.
Give us an update if you have time.....would love to hear about your progress.
Wishing you a great week of continued healing!
 
Hey there @8peachY
Wondering how your recovery is coming along.
Hopefully your pain is well managed. Use lots of ice. I found it so helpful.
Give us an update if you have time.....would love to hear about your progress.
Wishing you a great week of continued healing!
Hi Layla, ive been very up and down these last few days. One minute fine the next crying. Its the frustration of how long things take to do & how much you rely on other people. The end of the tunnel feels quite far away at the minute. Also im having to live back with my mum and dad (who have been brilliant so far) who live a distance from my children so im not seeing them as much.
Luckily the days are flying by. Im desperate to walk outside but dont feel my hip is strong enough for the uneven paths. Got the district nurse due out at the end of the week to check on the wound. Im only on basic meds now and not taking Morphine or Codeine anymore.

Thankyou for making contact. Having Bonesmart really helps.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk
 
Hi @8peachY
Hang in there. It will get better, I promise.
Feeling down is very common. Look up Post Op blues in the BS library.
You are not alone in your feelings. Boredom, pain, a body trying to heal itself from a major
assault (surgery) all contribute. I'm glad you have the company of mom and dad. Its also
great you feel time is flying. I gauged my progress by weekends. Each new weekend made me
realize how I'd progressed since the last. I hope you have a nice visit with the nurse at the end of the week.
Wishing you a week of comfort and peaceful relaxation!
 
Hi @8peachY
Hang in there. It will get better, I promise.
Feeling down is very common. Look up Post Op blues in the BS library.
You are not alone in your feelings. Boredom, pain, a body trying to heal itself from a major
assault (surgery) all contribute. I'm glad you have the company of mom and dad. Its also
great you feel time is flying. I gauged my progress by weekends. Each new weekend made me
realize how I'd progressed since the last. I hope you have a nice visit with the nurse at the end of the week.
Wishing you a week of comfort and peaceful relaxation!
Well 2 weeks post op.
Had wound dressing removed today according to the nurse it was looking good but according to my other half it looks a bit messy.
I think it looks ok. Ill post if im allowed to.
Getting used to the broken sleep now i just get up for a walk then watch a movie or read Bonesmart! then try and sleep again which comes eventually. The swelling in my operated leg is coming down nicely.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
 
Hi @8peachY
Happy Two Week Anniversary! Nice update.
I'd take the nurses assessment re: your wound over that of your other half.
Especially given its more positive :heehee:
Sleep can be elusive at times during recovery but as you mentioned...it eventually comes.
Keep icing, it really seems to help with the swelling. You're doing great!
Wishing you continued healing and a great weekend :flwrysmile:
 
Can anyone assist me please with a question regarding the use of my crutches. Im 2 weeks post op and im walking really well. Im using both crutches but im restricted in how far im walking as they make my hands hurt. Do i go down to 1 crutch or is it too soon? Will i cause damage with only using little support?


Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
 
Hi there @8peachY it's great to hear you're progressing well.
I can't tell you what is right for you but at two weeks I began using a cane.
I was able to put full weight on my operated leg at that point and could stand without the aid of the walker.
You use the cane on the side opposite your surgical side.
Consider calling the office of your OS with questions or concerns so you're following their direction.
Keep up the good work. Best wishes for a great week!
 
Seems slow I'm sure, but you are doing good!
Hope you have a great day!
 
Do i go down to 1 crutch or is it too soon? Will i cause damage with only using little support?
Everyone is different on their progression off mobility aids. Give one crutch a try in the house and see how you feel. You should not try one crutch outside until you feel totally confident though. The single crutch should be used on the side opposite your THR.

Let us know how you get on.
 
Hi @8peachY . I’ve gone down to one crutch inside the house and feel it’s much safer than 2 anyway. Sometimes, I’m just furniture surfing without a crutch, but as Jamie says 2 crutches outside. I’m 12 days post-op and walking easily. Have you not been given a physio’s number to contact? Also I’m getting my first home visit from them at 2 weeks on Wednesday. Do you not get a home visit? As you can see by the time, I wish I had an answer to sleep.
 
Hi @8peachY . I’ve gone down to one crutch inside the house and feel it’s much safer than 2 anyway. Sometimes, I’m just furniture surfing without a crutch, but as Jamie says 2 crutches outside. I’m 12 days post-op and walking easily. Have you not been given a physio’s number to contact? Also I’m getting my first home visit from them at 2 weeks on Wednesday. Do you not get a home visit? As you can see by the time, I wish I had an answer to sleep.
Thanks everyone for your advice.
I have contacted the Hospitals Orthopedic Practioner (not sure if its the right department) and left them a message to contact me. I have no further follow ups by anyone medical. I have my Post Op appointment on 8 Jan.

I have started giving one crutch a try in the house but as you say Descant the odd time ill "furniture surf". The weather here in the north of the UK is ice & snow and so my trips out are limited with my Dad at chaperone. When i do get out it feels great,

Yes i too am awake before the birds as my back is aching but ive come to expect this now. Luckily i have no pressures at the moment with childcare & school runs so i always have the option of a nap when i want to.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top Bottom