THR Can't sleep now back home.

Hope you have a good day today. Nice you don’t have to worry about childcare and school run-enjoy the naps.
 
Hope you have a good day today. Nice you don’t have to worry about childcare and school run-enjoy the naps.
Hi MammaT thaanks for asking yes the days are getting better just need the weather to get better now so i can increase the walking outside. Hoping to try a shower soon too. Thank goodness for babywipes!

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk
 
@8peachY
These first shows are tough. Hope you have an easy day today.
 
Oh @8peachY-that first shower will be glorious. Hope weather clears for outside walking. Laps inside the house can work, but a change of scenery is nice.
 
Baby wipes, hahaha. I swear my hubby bought enough to last for 6 months. Handy but no comparison to a shower.
I still have them stored away, don't know what to do with them. I put some in my
car because I'm a hand washing fanatic and like using them after I'm in public places.
Hope you're having a good week and are able to sneak a walk in...
@8peachY
 
Hey @8peachY , you will get that shower. I waited nearly three and a half weeks before I managed to get into our tub/shower contraption. And yes, it was wonderful and terrifying at the same time.
 
Think i overdid it today.

Had hair washed by my mum, had to sit on the portable toilet seat frame that i use in the loo to allow me to sit down at the correct height and put my head over the sink whilst having my right leg out straight (90 degrees, 90 degrees!!).

Then tried to help my son do some baking. Tried out my new coffee machine which took quite a bit of perfecting whilst "worktop surfing"

Also went for a short walk with my son outside with both crutches. (Been using one crutch in the house). By teatime my hip was aching. So as Bonesmart says "Listen to your body" so i spent the evening in front of the TV. Now in bed and need some painkillers as its throbbing.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk
 
Hi @8peachY
Oh so sorry! That's unfortunate.
Hopefully the ice, elevation, sleep and pain meds will have you back to where you were by morning.
Wishing you a night of comfort and restorative sleep :sleep:
Have a great weekend!
 
Hi @8peachY
Sounds like the hair wash scenario was a bit exhausting. How far did you walk outside? I’m in Bucks but there is still too much snow and ice hanging around to be able to safely walk outside. Frustrating. You have done the right thing to listen to your body.
I had my first physio visit. Said I was fine to be on one crutch and even no crutch, but not room to room. She has given me two sticks to practise walking with and will be back in 2 weeks. Demanded I build up to 20 repeititions with leg back, leg to side etc. But not only that, wanted them harder i.e. when I stood and slid my leg back to then lift leg off ground. Well last night, I had the leg and buttock spasms ( not painful ) for most of the night.
Needless, to say, I didn’t do any more exercises. Tonight I am up again cos of spasms, so I shall return to doing no exercises as I had been from the start!
Bit of a journey this isn’t it.
 
It certainly is a bit of a journey. Luckily my home pt was not a bully. She wanted me to work on gentle movement. Hope you were able to rest @8peachY.

Don’t let pt bully you @Descant.
 
Yay on hair washing!!! I've been managing it in my bathroom sink. I relate...overdid it myself today as well, with errands. Leg and knee just started to swell as I was in the kitchen an hour ago and my groin is throbbing. Like you, I'm in bed now reaching for the painkillers. Wishing you a good sleep and a less painful tomorrow!
 
You have done the right thing to listen to your body.
I had my first physio visit. Said I was fine to be on one crutch and even no crutch, but not room to room. She has given me two sticks to practise walking with and will be back in 2 weeks. Demanded I build up to 20 repeititions with leg back, leg to side etc. But not only that, wanted them harder i.e. when I stood and slid my leg back to then lift leg off ground. Well last night, I had the leg and buttock spasms ( not painful ) for most of the night.
Needless, to say, I didn’t do any more exercises.
Had much the same experience.
Exactly the right thing to do.
Our legs aren't weak, they are injured. They don't need to be aggravated.
PTs are wired/trained to "fix " things with physical therapy.
Plenty of time to strengthen and tone later.
 
When I left the hospital I told them I wasn’t going to do any PT. Dr said that’s fine all I need to do is walk every hour or so and that’s all that’s necessary. Even the PT at the hospital agreed. They don’t recommend Pt for a broken leg. Bones must be given time to heal.
 
@8peachY hello! How is your sleeping now? I find i can get to sleep fine because i’m so exhausted, but then I wake up and just can’t get comfortable! I’m working from home now so i’m exhausted.
 
Well, i am writing this post at 0010hrs so i reckon my sleep pattern is well and truly messed up Ah well never mind. I went to bed at 10pm for an early night as the night before i had managed 4hours. I wake with back ache and have trouble getting back off. If its really bad i use Paracetomol which seems to work.

At least i have the lovely people on Bonesmart to keep me company at these small hours. It is so lovely having people who are like me, going through a hip replacement and feeling all the niggles. I also love the fact that people on this forum are all over the world so there is always someone on here.

The weather is getting above freezing next week so im hoping to increase my walking from 10 minutes up. My spirits are better probably due to the fact Christmas is around the corner and that after Christmas i can go back to living in my own house with my children instead of living with my parents.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk
 
@8peachY - I feel for you. It's always hard to sleep somewhere other than home and to not be home with your kids must make it even harder. Just remember that soon you'll be better able to take care of your kids (and they may appreciate you even more). Sleep when you can - it's healing sleep!
:flwrysmile:
 
Not even one month yet @8peachY
I don't think I got 4 hours at a spell for months so annoying as it is, I'm jealous.
No comfortable way to sleep it seems for a while. Naps are the only way to get what you need.
Glad you are going home.
New Christmas hip! All temporary, so hang in there!:reindeer:
 
Sleep ends up coming. My night time dose of pain meds was the last to go. Being able to go home will be a great Christmas present.
 
:hi: @8peachY
It was nice to read your update. Sleep issues seem to be a common issue for many.
It will regulate just as all else will. You seem to be doing really well for only 3 weeks post op.
Going home after the holidays and settling into your routine will probably accelerate recovery.
You'll have a month or more into recovery by then.
Wishing you a comfy cozy, peaceful weekend! :window: :re-snowman: :santawave:
 
Back
Top Bottom