Guest viewing is limited

TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

Sounds like you had fun! Site is good for me on my iPhone. Pc is horrible! Love cars and car shows. I will try and post a picture if my friends Ford which he completely restored himself.
[Bonesmart.org] Canadian Girl's Journey


We are crazy NASCAR fans too. Have loved it since the 60's as well as live love dirt track racing!

Rest up today! I got my date - September 8th and am now getting excited to have it over with!!!
 
Oh yes, I am feeling it today and all through the night. UGH. I just wish this knee was healing as quickly as my first one did. I told Patient99 that the names Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum are suitable for my knee because this right knee is just stupid :)

@H2OPoloMom - hockey in the summer is a mainstay at our place. It was just a fun game of 4 on 4 to get the boys' skate legs back before sort outs in a few weeks. We used to put them in a hockey camp at the end of August every year but it is too expensive and they didn't like it. They can learn just as much playing shinny, 4 on 4 or going to the rink for public skating. All they need to do is keep on skating to improve - they both know the game really well. My youngest shoots at the net in our driveway with my hubby, a friend or our middle boy in nets and that is how he practices his shots. We will need to replace the garage doors when it comes time to sell the house, many years from now. They are rifled with hockey shots. Are your kids in water polo all year or is there a season to it?

@Pumpkln - thanks for stopping by. I hope you are doing well and that your appointment goes fine. I am pleased that my thread is one that you choose to visit. It means a lot. :)

@tiredwife - I just posted on your thread but will wish your hubby a fast recovery from his second TKR today here as well. You both know what to expect this time around and I hope his rehab goes as well this time as it did the last time. He had about the same time as me in between surgeries. I am pleased that I got them done that soon apart as I will have my life back completely within a year, God willing.

@Jozilla - that is a gorgeous truck that your friend restored. It was interesting last night, there were a lot more Chevy's and Plymouths than Fords on display. Other than the Mustangs, there were quite a few of them. Saw a beautiful Porsche Spider that was in mint condition. It was awesome. My oldest brother owned a '53 Chevy pick up truck. He and I drove from California to Ottawa in that truck in '78. That was a memorable trip for sure. My other brother drove with my mom in her car and my sister rode with my dad and our dog in his car. It was quite the caravan we had going on. We used the AAA trip-tiks to plan each stop and my brother and I only got lost once. I have never been one for car racing but I know Nascar is huge in the US. We have taken the boys to the stock car races at a local track. They had a good time but have not asked to go back - it was loud! Congratulations on getting your surgery date. That is only a month away. How has your recovery been on knee #1?

It is a gorgeous day in Ottawa. 17C with no humidity. It is going up to 24C this afternoon. A perfect day to be outside. I will rest on the reclining chair outside and enjoy these last few days as I hope to go back to work on Monday. If I am up to it I will dead-head my lilies and do some weeding - but only if I feel up to it :)

Hope everyone has a great day!
 
@new knee in June
Oh my Diana, the pressure is on. Is the answer - a pod of peas singing "give peas a chance"?
If it is wrong do I get some credit for ingenuity and perhaps @patient 99 can wear the crown only when she wears her red satin heels the next time?? :beg:

I do hope I am right...though I doubt it somehow...good thing I went back onto my page or I would have missed the deadline!
 
@71Beetle
Although you gave it your best shot ( kinda funny too) :heehee: But, the correct answer to...
What is Green & sings ? Is....Drum Roll, Please.....answer....Elvis Parsley :rotfl::rofsign::loll::rotfl: :rofsign:
I get to keep my Crown :yahoo:Nobody else can have it :egypdance:It's all Mine :yes!:
I am the best, the Queen, you can all bow in my presence :bow::bow: I have to get my hands on
Carol's shoes perhaps I will "JOKE" her out of them :skep:
Have a good day, Ladies!
Diana :loveshwr:
 
Lol about the garage doors! Ours was the same with puck divets and tennis ball grooves! All 3 of my kids play water polo, so for us it turned out to be pretty much year round the last couple of years because of the different seasons. My oldest plays for GVSU in the winter and just as her season wraps up, my youngest's season starts for middle school (also did a camp in the winter). My son did camps in the summer and the HS boys play in the fall, but the college he is going to does not have a team. He really enjoys it though and I'm hoping he'll find some guys to play some pickup games since they do have a pool.

Enjoy your time in the sun!
 
@H2OPoloMom - that is a lot of time at the pool! Your kids must be really fit! That is one tough sport. I have never heard of a pickup game of water polo. Are there that many friends in the neighbourhood that play water polo or does your son teach them to play?

How is your recovery going by the way?
 
Often times, swimmers start playing water polo to stay in shape out of season. His new school has a swim team so there's bound to be enough people to play.

Recovery is slow. I still can't do much, and I've been having some nasty shots of random pain night and day. I haven't done anything to trigger the pain- at least not that I can think of...I considered busting out my cane today to move around the house some, but am surviving with furniture surfing (holding on as I walk by). I'm trying to stay positive, trying to remember one step forward, two steps back sometimes. I made my husband make me a smoothie with banana in it. I'm hoping the potassium will help with the muscle spasms (contraction like) so I can sleep better tonight. Better sleep will help me stay more positive. I really need 8 hours on a regular basis or I get cranky like a hypoglycemic with low blood sugar levels. Lately it's been 5 hours of constant interruption from knee spasms and I haven't been able to nap (not for lack of trying). I keep holding on to the knowledge that it will get better!

Are your new meds helping?
 
I do have some flexeril @tiredwife, but strangely, the bananas seem to work better for the nighttime issues. They used to always help with my Charley horses too, so I'm thinking I'm low on potassium which is needed for muscles to work properly. Will search next for updates on your husband, thinking about you both!

@71Beetle you would be amazed by my grocery bill when all 3 were swimming/playing water polo at the same time! You can burn between 5000-6000 calories playing a game! No touching the bottom of the pool! The one with the red cap is mine:roseshwr:

[Bonesmart.org] Canadian Girl's Journey
 
Hi @H2OPoloMom, I am happy that the bananas help. I used to have wicked leg cramps when I was pregnant with my third child. I ended up having to increase my iron but this sounds like it is potassium in your case. I hope it gets better soon.

You are likely best using your cane as opposed to furniture surfing. You could easily put your back out doing that and that is the last thing you need!

I know about grocery bills with 3 boys of my own but I am sure not to the extent that you have experienced. I am shocked by the amount of milk they drink! I would have done well to buy into the dairy farm down the road a piece from where we live! Do you have a pool at your place? I am assuming you do. Have you been swimming much?

Hi @tiredwife - I will pop over to your thread but hope that hubby is doing okay with his recovery. I fear that @Phil75070 gave up on the forum due to the frustration. I still have troubles on my MAC and it drives me nuts!
 
@71Beetle A lot of people seem not to be on much anymore! I can't get on at all with my old DEL, but do okay
(although it is slow) with the HP and tablet.
I have a joke a volunteer told me while waiting for my hubby in surgery. He said it wasn't a good joke, just his favorite: The doctor called a man up and said "I have bad news and worse news". The man said , "Well, what is the bad news?" Doc said, "Your test show you only have 24 hours to live" The man said, "What could be worse than that?" The Doc said, "I was suppose to call and tell you this yesterday"
Hubby is doing great, when I left to come home and sleep in my own bed he had had his dinner, got his pain meds and was getting sleepy. I put up a few photos on my thread. Have a good night.
 
Sort of a lazy day today. My hubby left early to do a job (he is a handyman on the side when he is not driving the school bus), my eldest was at work and the two youngest were up in the loft so it was pretty quiet. I woke up to the phone at 9:30 am - it was my eldest son telling me that tomorrow is his last day of work. It was a temp job so he knew it was coming but he was hoping it would last until the end of the summer. I actually slept pretty well from 2:30 - 6:30 last night. Then pretty well again from 7:00 - 9:30 am.

Hung out by the pool while the kids and their friends swam then went off to physio. Stopped by my parents on the way home for a quick visit. My middle son helps their neighbour with lawn care so we were picking him up. Came home, had dinner, went for a walk (going a bit further every day), came back to ice and watch mindless TV and now I will go up to bed.

At physio the therapist did some deep tissue massage and some ultrasound on my hamstring as it is very tight and is causing issues with my exercises. My flexion went down to 90 which was disappointing considering how hard I have been working. I have massage tomorrow so will get him to focus on the hamstrings and see if this improves any.

I hope everyone is doing well. Tomorrow is Friday!!
 
Hi @71Beetle ! Yey for a lazy day and getting some decent sleep! Gotta take it when you can. Sorry your bend went down, but don't worry, it will increase again. I'm glad that you're getting massage & US ~ those should both help with swelling. I wish my PT had done more of both. My PT before surgery was great about that stuff, but the one after, not so much. Anywhoo, I hope you're having a great Friday!!
 
Back
Top Bottom