Guest viewing is limited

TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

@71Beetle ,
How is your weekend?
Hope the knee is settling down, and you are doing better. Are you going to be able to go back to work?
Rained cats and dogs here last night with some lightening and thunder for entertainment. Beats the fires we usually have this time of year.
Post when you can,
 
Hi Lisa, wondered how you were doing. I've tagged you a couple of times on my thread, but no response. Could it be BS techi issues? I read that you were having deep massage on your knee to loosen hamstrings. I've tried most things for my knee, but never massage. I'm not altogether happy with people touching my knee.

You sounded a bit flat in your recent message. How are you now? Carol
 
Ok, I stole a joke from laugh factory.
A mushroom walked into a bar. The bartender said "C'mon, can't you read the sign? It says no mushrooms". The mushroom said "But I'm a fungi".
There. Stupid pun, food joke!
 
Two old guys, one 90 and one 87, were sitting on a park bench one morning.
The90 year-old had just finished his morning jog and wasn't even short of breath.
The 87 year-old was amazed at the guy's stamina and asked him what he did to have so much energy.
The90-year-old said, "Well, I eat rye bread everyday. It keeps your energy level high and you'll have
great stamina with the ladies."

So,on the way home the 87-year-old stops at the bakery.As he was looking around,
the lady asked if he needed any help.
He said, "Do you have any rye bread?"
She said, "Yes, there's a whole shelf of it. Would you like some?"
He said, "I want 5 loaves."
She said, "My goodness, 5 loaves. By the time you get to the 3rd loaf, it'll be hard."

He replied, "I can't believe it, everybody knows about this sh!t but me."
 
Is the site better on a PC or MAC now? If so I will be back tomorrow!
Hope to chat with you all soon!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @71Beetle - things are on the up with this site, and at long last I can actually load pages and not grind to a horribly frustrating s-l-o-w stop.
Don't think because I haven't posted it is because I haven't been thinking about you - I have. It was just that any alert tags I received enabled me to access those pages (with slowness and difficulty) but everything else was a big fat no no. None of my usual whizzing round the threads catching up with what everyone has been up to.
I also was less persistent in trying to get on as I had the big charity event I was telling you about, last weekend and was really busy. We raised £5195!! Great result.
Daughter is off to her appointment with Prof and recommendations for future hearing today, and I don't need to go to physio any more. That's a short resume of whats been going on in my neck of the woods. More on my thread.
I loved all the chat about the water polo. My daughter used to play at school, and then lived with several of the men's university polo team (perhaps I should amend that to house shared!) at Uni. Crazy bunch of guys!
Also the stock car racing struck a note with me. Near to our other house is a race track and they have a Stocks and Bangers night regularly. I love it! On Bank Holidays they have a 'Special' and incorporate several Demolition Derby's where it is literally the last car standing that can limp round the track and also a Caravan Demolition Derby. If you have ever towed or had a caravan, that one is scary. They come apart so easily and are really flimsy under the exterior. My daughter has just taken on a new administrator on her team at work - and in her first weeks employment, found out the new employee is a grass track racer at the weekends. Daughter is just hoping that she is good and has no mishaps racing.
Got to go now as I am off to the hairdressers - but here's a joke I have been saving for you. Decided I was letting the side down with all the dumb blonde jokes so here's a dumb blonde man joke:

A blonde guy gets home early from work and hears strange noises coming from the bedroom. He rushes upstairs to find his wife naked on the bed, sweating and panting. “What’s happening?” he says. “I’m having a heart attack,” cries the woman.
He rushes downstairs to grab the phone, but just as he’s dialing the number his 4-year-old son comes up and says, “Daddy! Daddy! Uncle Bob’s hiding in your cupboard and he’s got no clothes on!”
The guy slams the phone down and storms upstairs into the bedroom, past his screaming wife, and rips open the wardrobe door.
Sure enough, there is his brother, totally naked, cowering on the floor.
“You rotten b***ard”, says the husband, “my wife’s having a heart attack and you’re running around naked scaring the kids!!!”

Talk soon Lisa

XXX
 
I am on Mac's don't know about PC's. Looking forward to seeing you here again.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
@71Beetle The site seems to be doing much better today! I'm on a windows 7 pc. Hope you come on soon and let us know how you are doing!
 
An old Italian man is dying. He calls his grandson to his
bedside, "Guido, I wan' you lissina me. I wan' you to take-a
my chrome plated ..38 revolver so you will always remember
me."

"But grandpa, I really don't like guns.. How about you
leave me your Rolex watch instead?"

"You lissina me, boy. Somma day you gonna be runna da
business, you gonna have a beautiful wife, lotsa money, a
big-a home and maybe a couple of bambinos. "

"Somma day you gonna come-a home and maybe finda you wife
inna bed with another man.
"Whatta you gonna do then? Pointa to you watch and say,
'times up' "?
 
Hi, hope you are doing better, I have not been on BS for awhile, gave up and decided to wait until the site improved and now I am lost trying to find threads I had been following. Sorry your experience with this knee isn't going as smoothly as the other. I am sure you know in time it will all calm down and you'll feel better than ever.
I had five month checkup this week and OS said see you in March. Doesn't have any concern about my knees but did ask if I needed pain meds (told him it still hurts walking up stairs, just one knee actually, and getting up from sitting position still smarts), I said no thanks, meds for me were as bad as the pain, all I need now is tylenol and after an active day a rest with ice. Hope you get there soon too!
 
@dogwheels, @Phil75070, @Celle @Ellejay @Pumpkln @Jozilla @JustJeff @suzzee2000 @busylizzie @hopefaith @DogLoverx3 @Nana moon 27 @Old Texan @maryo52 @Wednesday @robograndma @ironman60 @kneeper @Tamsmom @LauraLeigh @Mai5ie @MCD @jbucks @patient 99 @Lily2450 @sibbi1123 @IrishMike @new knee in June @H2OPoloMom @tiredwife @msmechanic58. Geez, it's been so long since I have been on, I hope I am not forgetting anyone.

The site was too frustrating that I took a step back. Rehab is frustrating enough that I don't need to add to my pain. Thank you to everyone that left notes and jokes on my thread and thank you Chris, @Pumpkln for the private message. :)

I have really missed this forum. You all make me smile, and make recovery so much easier. Nobody else really understands. If I hear "oh it will only get better" or "well just think of the pain you had before" one more time, I might....<fill in blank here>. Anyway I am glad to be back. I have only gone to my forum so hopefully when I go and try to see other threads the slowness will not be an issue. I feel so out of touch.

One thing I can see from my thread is the beautiful new picture that you have @dogwheels. Very nice.

I like your new avatar too @new knee in June, but I enjoyed the crown one as well. Have you finally decided to share that crown with the well deserving @patient 99. I hope I am not stirring the pot my first day back Diana and Carol. If I am, oh well, it's pretty fun to do so. :)

@tiredwife - how is hubby doing? Hope his second knee is getting along well.

I started back at work on Monday working 10-2 and I will continue that for a couple of weeks. I was docked 15 days pay and we will have to see what happens with my commissions that I had made before I left. I will not know about that until next week. I am wearing a small wedge shoe most days which is just a little bit exciting. I find it is better on my hamstrings than the flats. I do miss just hanging out in a bathing suit or yoga pants though. This getting dressed up in a suit with hair and makeup done is getting old even though it has only been 3 days. :)

The rehab on this knee has been very frustrating compared to the last one. I am not concerned but it is painful and tiring to say the least. I think I was especially spoiled from the last go around. I was one week later this time in returning to work and I am still on the cocktail of meds that I was on before I tool my sanity break from the forum. (2 Hydromorphone and 2 Tylenol every 4 hours, 3 Gabapentin every 8 hours and 1 Celebrex every 12 hours). If I try to sway from this schedule, I am in too much pain.

I really need to get off the narcotics soon as I have to be able to drive come September as my hubby will be back at work and my son will be back at school. I am not near a bus route so that is not an option and none of my colleagues live close by to carpool with. I love the solitude of living rural but is does have some challenges when it comes to carpooling. I see my GP (her temporary replacement actually) on Friday so we will see what he says.

My physio is going very slow. My hamstrings on the newer knee side are so tight that I am losing flexion rapidly and it causes a lot of grief in terms of any exercises on that leg. My physiotherapist has been very good. She has been doing deep tissue massage, ultrasound and the thing with the suction cups but nothing seems to be working. I am now becoming concerned about scar tissue forming. I will be getting a Cryocuff this week if only to keep down the swelling. My hubby has been good about digging his elbow deep into the hamstring to keep it loose as well but there is no improvement. As soon as the massage is over then it tightens up very quickly after that. I am not sure if you have any ideas Chris @Pumpkln

I see my OS next week and my concern is that he may want to do a manipulation to keep the scar tissue clear but if I cannot get the hamstring sorted out then there is no sense in that. I am sure he will understand.

All in all I am doing okay though. Healthy otherwise. Walking as much as I can. Hanging out by the pool (still have a deep scab that has not come off that they want gone before I start swimming but I should be good by the weekend. I had my staples out four weeks ago today and they said to not swim for a month so that is about the right timing anyway.

Hard to believe that my boys will be back in school 2 weeks from next Tuesday and my hubby will be back to riding the bus! The summer has flown by for sure.

So enough of my long winded post. I am going to see how everyone else is doing and respond to the posts on my thread. Thanks again to all of you for sticking with me while I stepped away from the madness. I am happy to be back!
:flwrysmile:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom