Guest viewing is limited

TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

Hmmm, I see the joke well is running a bit dry in the funny department :scratch::chinstroke::wink:

I hope you enjoyed your massage yesterday @71Beetle , that the gabapentin is starting to kick in and that you are back on top of your pain. Crazy how much of a roller coaster ride this is (where can I get off?). No, @Phil75070 , that wasn't meant in any sort of a dirty way. :heehee:

Not sure if I mentioned or not, but when I started taking my gabapentin, 300mg x 3 times a day, it seriously threw off my balance for a couple of days. I kept 'wafting' into walls and walking directly into door jams when entering a room. Good times, but it seems to have gotten better. As for the cognitive side effects that it can cause, as @dogwheels can attest to, my memory has been for poop (you know that's not really the word I wanted to use) since my surgery. So weird. I had hoped my memory would improve again as recovery got further along, but I still seem to have the memory and attention span of a gnat....

@dogwheels , way to go on the lottery win! At least when we do have our Bonesmart reunion, you'll be able to fund the chewing gum for everyone! :thumb:

Anywhoo, I hope you have a lovely Saturday!
 
Hi All,

Is anyone else finding the website really slow still? Sort of annoying. "They" say that you should not marry someone until you see how they react when the internet is not working. Thank goodness we did not have internet at home in 1988 when my hubby asked me to marry him - I would not have passed the sanity check that's for sure :)

Well I think the medical cocktail I am on is starting to work but OMG I am wiped out! I had massage yesterday and was home by noon. My hubby went to make lunch and I fell asleep in the recliner and missed lunch. :) My timer went off at 2:30 for my next dose of meds. I took them and had a bit of lunch then passed out again until 4:15 pm. Had friends over for a visit and dinner and went to sleep at 11:00 pm. Woke up at 2:15 am and took my meds at 2:30 on schedule. I slept again until 6:30 am, took my scheduled meds and slept again until about 8:15 when the kids were goofing around downstairs. Once they quietened down, I was out again until 10:30 am when I actually stayed up. I don't think I have had that much sleep in a 24 hour period ever! I guess I needed it.

I will stay on the meds schedule for a couple of more days and then I will stop setting the timer when I go to bed and let my body tell me when I need the meds. Do you think that is wise @Josephine? It is just hard to keep track because one of the pills is every 12 hours, another is every 8 hours and another is every 4. I need a degree in mathematics just to keep it straight! I was going to get one of those pill sorters and I think I may have to.

Today the pain is not as great. The deep muscle pain has lessened though the tight band feeling in both knees is brutal. I still feel really sore but I am not crying so that is an improvement.

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law are coming to visit tomorrow. Hopefully the weather will be nice so they can enjoy the pool.

Hope everyone else in BoneSmart Land is having a fantastic weekend!
:cheers:
 
Glad to hear you pain is under control, finally. You must have needed the sleep, your body needs it to heal, so it was a good thing. I used a pill sorter, helped me keep everything straight.
Hope you are having a good weekend too!
 
@71Beetle Sounds like things are starting to get on track for you. Good! You must have really needed the sleep. Have a great evening.
 
I will stay on the meds schedule for a couple of more days and then I will stop setting the timer when I go to bed and let my body tell me when I need the meds. Do you think that is wise @Josephine?
No I don't. Not yet, anyway.
Today the pain is not as great. The deep muscle pain has lessened though the tight band feeling in both knees is brutal.
Then you still have pain. Stop trying to separate the different areas and pain types. It's all pain and needs to be medicated. Remember, pain includes soreness, burning, stabbing, throbbing, aching, swelling and stiffness.
Well I think the medical cocktail I am on is starting to work but OMG I am wiped out!
There is a reason for that! Apart from managing the pain, it keeps you sedated so you aren't tempted to go rushing around 'doing things'!
It is just hard to keep track because one of the pills is every 12 hours, another is every 8 hours and another is every 4.
Well,make yourself a chart like this and pin it up somewhere easy to see

[Bonesmart.org] Canadian Girl's Journey
 
@71Beetle Joke of the day:
A curious child asked his mother: “Mommy, why are some of your hairs turning grey?”
The mother tried to use this occasion to teach her child: “It is because of you, dear. Every bad action of yours will turn one of my hairs grey!”
The child replied innocently: “Now I know why grandmother has only grey hairs on her head.”
 
A 54 year old woman had a heart attack and was taken to the hospital.

While on the operating table she had a near death experience .. Seeing God she asked "Is my time up?"

God said, "No, I just came to tell you that you have another 43 years, 2 months and 8 days to live."

Upon recovery, the woman decided to stay in the hospital and have a face-lift, liposuction, breast implants and a tummy tuck.

She even had someone come in and change her hair color and brighten her teeth! Since she had so much more time to live, she figured she might as well make the most of it.
After her last operation, she was released from the hospital. While crossing the street on her way home, she was run over and killed by an ambulance.

Arriving in front of God, she demanded, "I thought you said I had another 43 years left? Why didn't you pull me from out of the path of the ambulance?"

God replied: "Holy Sh1t! I didn't recognize you."
 
@71Beetle Good Morning! Hope you have a great day! It is storming here, complete with thunder and lightening. Love a good storm!
 
Hi @tiredwife, I am doing okay. This site has become so annoying to deal with that I rarely go on anymore. It is unfortunate as I have come to depend on it for motivation, information and the laughs we share. I know they are doing the best they can to fix it but I have enough frustration with my healing that I don't want to bother with the frustration of the site. :chinstroke:

How is hubby doing? Only 2 more days until his next surgery. I hope he is feeling good about it!

Enjoy your day!
 
@71Beetle ,
The speed is frustrating, it is faster on my iTouch app. Today it is loading pages faster on my laptop, hope it continues to get faster. I am still coming on but spending less time.
How are you coming along with your healing?
Hope you are imroving daily,
 
@71Beetle Glad you are doing okay! Hubby has started being a little nervous, decided it wasn't a good idea that he watched the video of the surgery a few weeks ago.:heehee: My computer couldn't handle the slowness of the site, it had issues so I have to use my hubby's. He just bought a tablet though and I am taking over his computer. I will take the tablet to the hospital (if their wifi is working) and let everyone know how his surgery went. Wednesday is almost here.
 
Whether I am on my tablet or my computer, it is still really slow. I hope people will ride the wave. I know how much I have benefitted from the forums but I am ready to give up.

A pretty quiet day today. Our guests left and I lazed around a lot. I am going up to 3 Gabapentins today. Last time I upped the dose I slept for almost 16 hours (with med breaks) so we will see if I react that way again or if it was a coincidence. I am still pretty tired lately and though the pain is not as bad, it is still not fun to deal with.

The day started out sunny but this afternoon and evening it has rained a lot. Sitting out this morning with my fearless dog beside me, a coyote walked up the side of our property along the back and through the trees to my neighbours. My dog did not even flinch. Good to know I am safe. :) I am not worried about the coyotes it is just creepy to see them in my yard.

I emailed my boss to let him know that I will not be in the office for a few days yet. I need to get this pain in check and feel more like a human being before I can throw myself back into the craziness. He is fine with it but I need to get in soon as our finances are dwindling. My hubby is very concerned but I keep a positive attitude and know that things always turn out well for us. It is a hiccup and one I am back in full force, it is game on and there will be no stopping me.

@tiredwife, @Phil75070 and @Pumpkln, thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate it.

Have a good night!
 
We sometimes hear the coyotes, but have not seen one around the house, yet. We had 3, 4 point bucks in the yard last year.
Raining all day here, and will continue the next few days. We washed my car by parking it outside for awhile, it is all shiny clean now. A poor man's car wash.
Glad you can delay work for a few days to get on top of your pain,
Hopefully they will have the speed up soon! I sure hope so any way.
 
@71Beetle glad your boss is reasonable. Hubby has short term disability at work, so we still get 60% of his pay. Couldn't have done it otherwise. We don't get coyotes in the yard, we live in the middle of a small town, but we have a huge old tailless raccoon that comes on the porch and every summer we get deer in the back yard to eat the peaches that fall from our tree, and frogs always move into our little pond in our back yard.
Joke of the day:
, what is the person called who brings you in contact with the spirit world?”
“A bartender"
 
Well, I certainly overdid it today. I hope I sleep well tonight.

Had physio this afternoon then went to watch our youngest play hockey (our middle son was the referee).
After that, our oldest son met us for dinner. Always a riot having dinner with those three clowns. My hubby and I often wonder, when we were first married, what we thought our life would be at this stage. I don't think we ever thought it would be this fun!

Once dinner was over and paid for - those boys eat a lot - we went to Cruise Night at the local mall where there was a great turn out of old cars on display. This goes on every Tuesday night through the summer but there was a terrific turn out tonight as the weather was perfect. Muscle cars, cruisers, old trucks, you name it, it was there. So much fun!

So once we got home I was limping badly and came straight up to bed to ice and elevate and now I will go to sleep. I am sure I will feel it tomorrow as well....

Hope everyone in BoneSmart land is doing well. I don't have as many visitors and I wonder if it is because of the slowness of the site. I know it has kept me away.

Good night all!
 
Wow! You had quite the day! Nothing like hockey in the summer;) My brothers all played but I wasn't allowed. I do miss that hockey smell sometimes which is a little crazy, but it's a smell of childhood. My hope for you tonight is that you get lots of good sleep and a free pass from the ODIC!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom