TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

@71Beetle
can't begin to keep up with your thread, but wanted you to know I am thinking of you. Would love to hear how your recovery is going.
~hopefaith
 
@patient 99 Hello, Yes it is my husband doing the knee thing. While he was in the hospital it was a little rough, I stayed with him the first night, but we have pets so I would come home take care of things sleep a little then hurry back to the hospital (we live in a town 10 miles from the hospital). The tired wife comes from the fact that I watch our 3 year old grandson often and he exhausts me. I had my daughter find another sitter until I got hubby home. I had to do quite a bit for him the first few days home, but he is a very stubborn and hates to be waited on. My main job is trying to keep him from overdoing it, an impossible task. His second knee will be done August 6th (10 weeks from his first). Doc wouldn't do them at the same time. We are trying to get them both done during his short term disability from work (6 1/2 months).
 
Last edited by a moderator:
There is no Chocolate in "The Promised Land" for the same reason there is no coffee :no-fin:
Too much Stimulation, We don't need folks bouncing of the walls, tripping over canes or
Kicking crutches out from others :bignono:The menu is as Follows.......Lobsta :happydance:Strawberry
Daiquiris :martini: Anything Walnut, Pies, Cakes, pudding, salad :yahoo: Vegetables, fig leafs,
Grapes. That is it....I have Spoken :bow::bow:
@patient 99
You have to have better control over the gate :rotfl::rofsign:
 
My main job is trying to keep him from overdoing it,

Often we are so busy think about our TKRs that we forget about the folk supporting us. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate. I suspect that you don't get a lot of thanks either. When frustrations build up its a sad fact that the one in the firing line is the wife/husband. At least he only has 2 knees.:heehee: One down, only one to go. Carol
 
If you can sneak it past Carol, you can have Chocolate

@tiredwife Well that was easy . Diana is such a softy. One little tear and you can have anything. You don't need to sneak anything past me - bring the chocolate in by the bucketful.

I am worried about Lisa. This is her thread. This is her recovery time, and she isn't here. Do you know why? As I say I'm just visiting these parts so don't know the protocol. Carol
 
@patient 99 Actually my husband is very grateful for all I do for him, as I am for all he does for me. Through our 37 years of marriage we have both had our fair share of being the caregiver. He isn't a cranky type person. He has been blessed with a fairly easy recovery with this knee.
 
Hello all you funny folks on @71Beetle forum. This is Carol, Queen of Nothing:badspidy:, Owner of Nothing:gaah:. Jokes. Don't know any.
:scratch:

But I am the doorman to the Promised Land. So you better keep in with me or nobody's going anywhere.
All my humor comes off the top of my head. I don't remember any jokes so I'll leave all that to you guys, which I admire for having the storage space for them.
 
@patient 99 he lurks at the forum all the time. He was in the Airforce and a lot of times we only had each other and the kids when we got to a new base. Military will either break a marriage or make it stronger. I told him you send your best wishes and he says to tell you 'thank you'.
 
Hi all,

Here I am! I am doing well. Had my staples out today -Woo Hoo- that milestone is out of the way! Came home for soup and slept for a couple of hours. Tended to some of my plants, inside and out; had a quick visit with my nephew who came by to see how I was, and now here it is, dinner time! I am like a baby - sleep, eat, well you know what I mean.

My BFF is picking me up to go to Starbucks for my well deserved chai latte. I have not had one in at least two weeks!

@JustJeff, no jokes required just post the occasional photo onto my thread and I will be in heaven. Jeff is an amazing photographer everyone. He has a link that he may share with you. His work is stunning.

@tiredwife, I grew up with my dad in the Air Force. You are correct in saying sometimes your own family is all you have. Nice to see that you both weathered the storm where others did not. My parents will celebrate 53 years together and are each other's best friend. So nice to see.

I have met so many nice people on this thread and others' threads. I love having new people come to visit and I thank everyone for being a big part of my day!

Hope everyone is doing really well! Happy Hump Day!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@71Beetle My son and daughter are only 2 years apart so they are close.

I worked it out so we could sneak chocolate into Promise Land. No chocolate is allowed, but I :bawl:!

Staples are out - :happydance: that must feel great!

Oh, coffee isn't allowed in the Promise Land either so you may need to cry a little.:boohoo:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom