TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

Lack of proper sleep is definitely one of the biggest challenges of this recovery (especially for someone like me who really, really values 8 hours of sleep)!

You asked about core exercises, and I learned a new one at PT yesterday, but make sure you check to make sure that it's not too soon to do this...if you have a large exercise ball (or a soft substitute), lie back and put both your heels on the exercise ball in a comfortable, but stable position, then lift your bottom up about three inches off the bed or floor (it might be hard to do this on the couch), hold for a few seconds and lower. I think they had me do about 30 reps. They also had me do heel digs with the ball and just rolling the ball in and out slowly. I really like this last one:)
 
Hi @Phil75070 - I accept! :)

Hi @H2OPoloMom - those sound like good exercises. I no longer have an exercise ball (neither of the boys are admitting to doing it but the dart board and exercise corner are pretty close in proximity). I will be getting one once I am back at it though. I have done those exercises and I do enjoy them.

Hope everyone is doing really well. A rainy cooler day in Ottawa. I had a quiet morning. My hubby took the boys to see the new Planet of the Apes movie. Lucky me got to rest...until they got home...Ape noises are filling the house and likely will be for the next couple of days.

I am off to bother people on their threads now. :loveshwr:
 
Hello all you funny folks on @71Beetle forum :wave:This is Diana, Queen of the "Promised Land":catbutterfly:
Owner of the mighty, mighty "WARRIORS" :yahoo:Jokester of all things Vegetable :yes!: I :bow::bow:
To your joking ways. I admit that you are all Funnier than I am.... :bawl:But, are you smarter,
Cuter, more informed about "WALNUTS", Than I am ?
I think not :no-fin:
My Ego knows no bounds, I have Spoken...:bow::bow:
Now, Dance....:chuckmarch::chuckmarch:, Faster, Faster......:rotfl::rofsign:
Diana.....:heehee:
 
I am not speaking of others, but I can assure you that my knowledge of walnuts if far below yours oh, Queen -Owner - Jokester! And may I add another title? High Priestess of the Emoticons?

How are things with you? You celebrated one year last month. How has your recovery been? Any words of wisdom for those that are wondering what the other side of 12 months looks like? :bow::bow: I know I would love to get a snippet of milestones that you went through.

Have a great night!
 
I will add that title to my ever expanding noble titles, so now it 's........
1. Queen of the mighty, mighty "WARRIORS". :yahoo: ( Who by the way, can crack Walnuts with
Their mighty, Mighty thighs) :wink:
2. Inventor & Owner of the"PROMISED LAND" :catbutterfly:I have a throne I sit on & a crown :yes!:
3. Joker of all things vegetable :egypdance:
4. High Priestess of all emoticons :happydance::yay::egypdance:
I think I'm going to like it here, I'm also "COOL" :cool: Like Fonzie !!!!
I will tell you right now, I invented the "Promised Land" for a reason.....Everyone is :welome:
Some get here faster, some a bit slower. We all make it & it is Amazing, not even thinking of knees
& just getting on with life :) I still continue to get better after 1 yr. I can do more things every month.
The view from the Promised Land will take your breath away, it is beautiful & so worth the wait :SUNsmile:
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@new knee in June. You are very cool Queen - Owner - Joker - High Priestess. We will enjoy having you as part of the journey. I will be reading your thread to get to know more about you and the Promised Land for sure :)
I just noticed that your title is Supremo as well. Even cooler! :cheers:

@Pumpkln - you may just get another TEN years out of that machine! I have never used a TeNS machine n myself before. I may be hitting you up for some advice.
 
Hello all you funny folks on @71Beetle forum :wave:This is Diana, Queen of the "Promised Land":catbutterfly:
Owner of the mighty, mighty "WARRIORS" :yahoo:Jokester of all things Vegetable

Hello all you funny folks on @71Beetle forum. This is Carol, Queen of Nothing:badspidy:, Owner of Nothing:gaah:. Jokes. Don't know any.
:scratch:

But I am the doorman to the Promised Land. So you better keep in with me or nobody's going anywhere.
 
@patient 99
:rotfl: :rofsign::loll::rotfl: :rofsign:That's not true... You are the key holder to the gates
Of the "PROMISED LAND":yahoo:No one else has a key, so what you say Goes. This is the
Highest Honor in "Bonesmart":bow::bow:
You also hold a piece of my heart :friends:
Love,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:P.S....If you behave yourself, I can arrange for you a Throne & a Crown
So you can sit with me & rule "Promised Land" :happydance:Talk about Power :rotfl:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom