TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

@beetle71 Hoorah you are my hero!! I had to do both of mine At the same time or I would not have done it again!! Fun to read your thread it's exciting to see you all the funny stuff too!! Glad you're doing well talk again soon!!!

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk
 
@tiredwife - 2 years apart is a nice age split for kids. How old are your children? My mom had 4 of us in four years and she was alone a lot when we were growing up as my dad was a navigator with the Argus so was away a lot. My mom was a stay at home and was so involved in our community and our upbringing. She is still my go to person on so many things.

I am not a coffee drinker so not bothered that it is not in the Promised Land. I don't want to rock the boat on trying to smuggle anything in. I think @new knee in June has a good thing going and I am excited to be a part of it :fingersx:.

How are you and your hubby doing? He's not overdoing it I hope.
 
Hi @suzzee2000, thanks for dropping by. It is nice to see you!
How has your recovery been? It has been 4 months for you already! Time sure goes fast in TKR time!
I will stop by your thread later on to see how your journey has been.
Have a great evening!
 
@71Beetle my children are 36 and 34. When they were 2 and 4 my husband had to spend a year in Iceland without us. My daughter would dust hubby's photo every day. I stayed with my folks for that year. It was rough but we made it. My husband and I met in the Airforce and I had both kids while I was active duty. I have done a lot of different jobs being a military spouse you do what is available. I babysat while the youngest was home. Had a variety of jobs encluding photographer for portrait studios, taught an art class at a community center, did research on the desert tortoise, Certified nurse assistant in nursing homes, custodian, etc. We usually always worked shifts to let one of us at least be home when the kids, rarely needed sitters. We both tried to make it to all their activities.

It is always good to be able to turn to your mother.

Hubby did too much at PT today and spent the evening icing. He didn't wait til I made him get the ice today so I know it was bothering him!

Hope you are feeling chipper and good today. Have a good night.
 
Dear Sleep,

I miss you dearly. Where have you gone? I have felt you slip into bed and wrap your arms around me every night without fail for so long. You used to stay with me all night and into the early dawn. On weekends you occasionally stopped by for a visit in the afternoon. You kept me safe, you kept me sane, you were there for me when I needed you. You stayed with me through many of life's milestones and I felt I could always depend on you.

Why do you elude me now? Have you met someone else? Is it something I did or said? What can I do to get you back?

Please Sleep, don't leave me hanging another moment. I miss you dearly...

:yawn:
 
Hi @71Beetle - I really hope that you managed to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz some more. I have always had jags of not being able to drop off - long before the TKR happened - so I don't get too stressed. Annoyed? Yes! Stressed? No! It is at those points in the night when sleep won't come, that I drift into my 'what would I do if I had a really big win on the lottery' mode. And @71Beetle and others, you now know what one of my plans would be ........... :wowspring::welome::loveshwr::dancy::yay: PARTY TIME! The plan is beginning to develop in my mind, and after Doglover and TexasT mentioning shuffleboard which I had never heard of, I am beginning to think a cruise would be good. Perhaps a version of 'The Love Boat' but instead 'The Leg Boat?

I found your chat with @tiredwife about life in a military family fascinating. We have had 2 stints as expats, once in Indonesia and once in Abu Dhabi - and although the nature of the posting was very different, a lot of what you say about family, finding things to do and become involved with is very similar.

BTW @tiredwife - I loved the joke about the rat ventriloquist. My (grown up) daughter has a rather unpleasant hospital appt today that she is not looking forward to. As she keeps fancy rats (just waiting to get the next batch!) I will send her the joke to cheer her up - she'll love it!

Oooh - hi there @ suzzee2000 - long time, no see.

Well time to start my day - talk later

XX
 
@dogwheels Glad the joke came in handy! Military life is very different than civilian life.

@71Beetle This is from my hubby "Your sleep ran away with my sleep!" I think they are both relaxing on some beach somewhere.
 
It is I, Diana, Queen, Jokester, Owner of the "PROMISED LAND" :yahoo:Lifting the banning
Of anything that makes us happy... ( as long as it is Legal ):heehee:
Enjoy your Chocolate, let the coffee flow :happydance:We are now having a 2 for 1 on sleep :sleep:
My kids are 2 yrs. apart... All 4 of them :yikes: 2 boys 2 girls.... 27, 25, 23, 21... 3 still at home :rolleyes:
It is the reason I spend so much time in the "PROMISED LAND" :bolt: :loll: :rofsign:
Have a Kneesy Day,
Diana :martini:
 
@new knee in June Hi Diana, Yes - chocolate! 70% or higher - antioxidents. My husband and I would both like a good nights sleep. I did well enough with 2 kids, don't think I could have afforded more, expecially when they hit highschool. You have a great day.
 
Hi @dogwheels, I have had a couple of cat naps today but cannot wait for that good night's sleep. A lottery cruise sounds like a good plan. Shuffle Board is a fun game for any age. The fishing camp we go to every year have one painted on some concrete and we have a game with the kids every day. How are you doing? Are you headed to your other place again soon?

@tiredwife - please tell your husband that my sleep made a mistake and just wants to come back to me. He will get over it. They can still be friends right? :)

It is I, Diana, Queen, Jokester, Owner of the "PROMISED LAND" Lifting the banning
Of anything that makes us happy... ( as long as it is Legal )

Thanks for allowing the legal stuff into the Promised Land. You are a charmer! Wow, what a time you must have with the brood of kids. I have three boys 13, 15, and 19 and we have a blast. Never a dull moment that is for sure. They tend to be a crude bunch but they are respectful of me and others and it is all in fun. For example, here is a joke my 19 year old told at the dinner table last night. Have you seen the new movie on Constipation? Oh, that's probably cause it hasn't come out yet. :)

Lots of pain for me today. I decided to go out and lay on the lounge to get some sun on my face. Seemed like a good idea until I went to get up. Felt like a pulled something at the back on my knee and the pain was brutal! I have spent the rest of the day icing and elevating and letting out a groan or whimper just to make myself feel better (it does sometimes work).

Hope everyone is having a great day!!
 
@71Beetle LOL, he says it will take his sleep a long time to get over it! If you see it sneaking around send it home.

Okay, joke time: Charles Dickens walks into a bar and orders a martini and the bar tender says, "Olive or Twist?"
 
Rene Descartes walks into a bar and proceeds to order many drinks. The bartender says to him a while later, seeing he is completely inebriated, ‘I think you’ve had enough.’ Descartes slurs, ‘I think not!’ Then he disappears.
 
@Phil75070, Where is the Face Palm emoticon???:nah:that was just bad. LOL

@tiredwife - I will be sharing that one with a colleague of mine - she is a lover of literature and will get a kick out of it.
 
@Pumpkln - I got my TENS machine in today and read the link that you provided. It will become my new best friend. My son will use it as well as he is suffering from sciatica - poor kid, he is only 15 but has had issues for a few years now. The machine came with 2 bags, each with 4 electrode pads, so he gets one and I get the other. They are good for 150 uses so this was definitely money well spent. I am going to get one for my mom too!
Thanks for the information to help me with my decision.
 
@tiredwife - it is unfortunate and he is such an athletic guy too. He does cadets with the goal to go into the military and he gets involved with so many of the activities there; he plays hockey and also volunteers as an on-ice helper with his younger brother's team; and he is training for the 5K Army Run in September.

I have had sciatica flare ups since I was pregnant with him so I know what he is going through. He met with the physiotherapist on Wednesday and will see her again on Monday. Doing the TENS machine in between will hopefully ease his pain.

I tried it out around my knee this evening and I found it did make the tightness loosen up. For $70.00 through Costco it is definitely money well spent! Free delivery and it was on my doorstep 2 days after I ordered!
 
Good Night to all the BoneSmarties out there. I am going to get ready for bed with the hope of sleeping soundly for at least a few hours. I may be back later but hoping not. Until tomorrow...xox
 
@71Beetle your son sounds like a wonderful boy! Activities make all the difference on how children turn out.
We might have to get one of those machines if my hubby keeps having the tightness.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom