Guest viewing is limited

TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

Hiya Lisa! Just wanted to pop by and let you know how pleased I am at how well you're doing! I certainly don't have any jokes to share (most of the ones I know are kinda dirty - go figure).....

As for the Hummingbird name for the cake @dogwheels , I've not heard of it here. The only thing with the name of 'Hummingbird' that I'm familiar with is a lovely cocktail made with Elderflower Liquor, St Germain, Sparkling water and muddled raspberries...... and it's heaven in a glass!!!
 
Lisa,
I hope all this laughing is not giving you a sore tummy?
Will be watching the consolation round today, going to root for Brazil, they deserve something for putting on a successful World Cup.
Pool was great today, few more weeks we will be both be swimming.
 
As for the Hummingbird name for the cake @dogwheels , I've not heard of it here. The only thing with the name of 'Hummingbird' that I'm familiar with is a lovely cocktail made with Elderflower Liquor, St Germain, Sparkling water and muddled raspberries...... and it's heaven in a glass!!!

That drink sounds lovely. When we have a BoneSmart Reunion, we will have to try it along with the cake!

@Pumpkln - Brazil is the team for us on this game too. I have it PVR'd so my hubby can watch it with me when he gets home.

@Phil75070 - you sure do have lot of jokes in your armament. I can imagine your foursome at the golf course must really enjoy your time together!
 
Oh yes, that Hummingbird cocktail sounds yummy.

Yes, it says that the cake got its name either because it is sweet as nectar, or that it makes you hum with delight.

Hummmmmmm ......................... As nice as the cake is, I think I'd be more likely to hum for the cocktail!

XX
 
Yes, I will whip a ginormous batch of Hummingbird cocktails for our BoneSmart reunion! Truth be told, my 2 best local girlfriends and I are staying at a local resort for 1 night (but will manage to make it seem like the entire weekend with early check ins and late check outs) next month to celebrate our upcoming birthdays and one of the deciding factors was that the restaurant at the resort we chose has Hummingbird Cocktails on their happy hour menu! Yum!
 
@71Beetle! It looks like you are keeping this board laughing! I just skimmed so forgive me if I missed something, but it looks like your second recovery is going well. No reason to start worrying about being without the pain meds anytime soon. How is the older, new knee holding up having to be the strong leg right now?

I traveled, and partied last weekend, drove, helped set up a picnic and enjoyed a outdoor wedding all really well!

Worst thing was I overslept the early morning I was to get up and leave for the airport...by a hour! Well I add it, everything was working for me once I got going, I couldn't walk real fast through the airport but I got to my gate in time. I did have to have the body pat down and that was frustrating since I was late. Now I wonder what I would have done with the extra hour I should have had!

My biggest lessons from this trip? Know your car before you head down the road....couldn't figure out the lights on the rental car and the car my husband had me drive because mine was in the shop to the airport...I somehow turned on the hazard lights and couldn't figure out how to get them off....

Hope all is well!



4/1/2014 TKR
 
Hi @71Beetle and everyone else reading.
Today I continued the on going purgatory of tidying my study (aka dumping ground, since the knee decided to totally give up in November). I found some of the paperwork I saved from my Mums house when I 'downsized her' to an apartment - including some emails she had saved that I had sent her when I was in the UAE. Amongst them was a joke which still makes me laugh ....................

[Bonesmart.org] Canadian Girl's Journey
[Bonesmart.org] Canadian Girl's Journey



XXX
 
This senior citizen is driving down the highway. His wife calls him on his celphone and in a worried voice says, "Herman be careful I just heard on the radio there is a mad man driving the wrong way on route 476". Herman says, "I know, but there isn't just one there are hundreds!"
 
When our lawn mower broke and wouldn't run, my wife kept hinting
to me that I should get it fixed. But, somehow I always had
something else to take care of first, the shed, the boat,
making beer. Always something more important to me. Finally she
thought of a clever way to make her point.

When I arrived home one day, I found her seated in the tall
grass, busily snipping away with a tiny pair of sewing
scissors. I watched silently for a short time and then went into
the house. I was gone only a minute, and when I came out again
I handed her a toothbrush. I said, "When you finish cutting the
grass, you might as well sweep the driveway."
 
@Tamsmom, thanks for dropping by! Happy that you had a good time at the wedding. What a way to end it though, almost missing a plane! That is one of my hubby's biggest fears. If they recommend that you be at the airport one hour before the flight, he has to be there two hours before. If they want you there 2 hours before, he needs to be there 3 hours before. It drives me crazy. I can just imagine the next flight we have to take. With my new knees he will want me to be at the airport the night before the plane is due for takeoff!

My biggest lessons from this trip? Know your car before you head down the road....couldn't figure out the lights on the rental car and the car my husband had me drive because mine was in the shop to the airport...I somehow turned on the hazard lights and couldn't figure out how to get them off....

It's a good thing you were not travelling in England or you would have really been in trouble. You would have been the person that @tiredwife's joke is about above! Why can't they just make lights, wipers and hazards mechanisms and location the same in all makes and models of cars. The radio always seems to be in the same place! :)

@DogLoverx3 - LOVED that joke. The shorter the joke the easier it is for me to remember the dumber it is, the easier it is for me to understand :)

@dogwheels - fantastic joke! I am sure every woman out there got a kick out of it.

@Phil75070 - no comment on yours :)
 
Well, that is a Sunday I will never get back. I slept for most of the morning but only because I was up almost all night again last night. For for the first time since the hospital, the pain in my leg has been excruciating and I just cannot get comfortable long enough to sleep. We had a lot of rain today so I am not sure if that is the reason but OUCH!

Will go and watch FIFA and hope that Germany wins. We are out of the pool with Brazil losing yesterday but I am still excited to watch the final!

I am getting my staples out on Wednesday which I am looking forward to. Not the action of the staples being pulled, but the fact that I am putting that milestone behind me and I will be one step closer to getting back into the pool.

Overall, I do think I am bouncing back better from this surgery better than the last one. I am still going to take the month of July off and try to go back to work part time in August. I will do the 10-2 for the first week then depending on how I do, I will go from 8:30 - 2 until September when I expect I will be able to go back full time. I have not heard from my boss but he is dealing with his own stuff right now, so I will just go on the assumption that we can do the same thing this time as last time.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend and have a fun week planned!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom