TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

What is going on in here ? No one takes my Crown from me :no-fin: I am the Funniest, brightest,
Person on Bone Smart. I am the owner of the mighty, mighty, "WARRIORS":bow::bow: People bow
In my presence :bow: I am also Queen of the "PROMISED LAND":yes!:...My Imagination has no limits,
My Ego is Bigger than the Average Person :egypdance:I am all that & a bag of chips. :happydance:
@patient 99
Why didn't you tell me I was being Over thrown ? I am sitting here in "Promised Land":catbutterfly:
Surrounded by 8 massive "WARRIORS" the draw bridge is going up. Try & get my Crown.....
Ain't Gonna happen :no-fin:
Now, Dance :chuckmarch:
Diana :bow::bow: I have spoken !!!!!!!
 
Hi Lisa, hard to get into your thread for all the joking. Now let's get serious. How are you doing? Can't imagine what it must be like managing two TKRs. Have you found that you cope better second time because you have the experience? Carol
 
Hello Lisa,
Where are my manners ? :headbang: I hope you are doing well in your Knee Recovery :friends:
Icing :ice:& Elevating :elevate: The "Bonesmart" way, Oh, & :chillpill:On time.
Take Care,
Diana :loveshwr:
Queen of the "WARRIORS"..... Owner of the "PROMISED LAND" :catbutterfly:& Reigning Champ
Of all things Vegetable :yahoo:
 
Oh my, a lot happens when I have a shower, nap and dinner! Nice to meet you @new knee in June. It was not my intention to overthrow your kingdom. I am just the quiet Canadian up here eh? We just like to stay quiet in our igloos and create really good hockey players :)

All is well @patient 99 and @Pumpkln thanks for asking! It is my one week "kneeaversary" for my right knee today and Monday will be 10 weeks for my left. I do find I am bouncing back better on this one (so far). Made it down the porch steps to sit outside for a bit which was a well deserved respite from my regular spot.

Loving the jokes. Don't worry about thinking of any @hopefaith. My joke well is running dry - I will likely wake up with some in the middle of the night.

How is everyone else doing? Plans for the weekend? We are not doing much here. The weather will be nice. My eldest has gone camping with a group of buddies. The two younger ones will have friends over tomorrow for a swim, BBQ and sleep over (I don't think boys call it sleep overs though).

My parents will come for a visit and in general we will just chill out.

Chat soon!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You are doing so well @71Beetle. Only a week out??? I remember those sleep overs well. It seemed the with the boys something always got broken. The girls always were trying to sneak out. It seems like a long time ago now! The great thing is they all grew up into very responsible adults and all remain close friends. Enjoy your weekend and keep us updated!
 
I was having a beer with the guys after our round of golf yesterday when one of the guys asked, 'When you're in your casket, and family and friends are mourning over you, what would you like them to say?'
Smitty said: ' I would like them to say I was a wonderful husband, a fine spiritual leader, and a great family man.'

Gary commented: 'I would like them to say I was a wonderful teacher and someone who made a huge difference in people's lives.'

I said: 'I'd like them to say, 'Look, he's moving!'
 
Hi @71Beetle - firstly to answer all your questions in one place, as I am not sure where I read each of them .....
  • Not sure why my daughters hearing is so badly affected. Hopefully MRI will tell more. Best guess is genetic or caused by a virus.
  • I understand the cake is called a Hummingbird cake because it is sweet and fruity and so would attract a hummingbird? (we don't have them in these parts so who knows - all I can say is that it is delish!)
  • Nothing much planned for the weekend. No I do not watch the football or the tennis! Rugby and Grand Prix are my only sport viewings. Husband is currently watching the golf. I am doing 2 hour stints tidying and cleaning in my daughters old living room and my study this weekend - knee doesn't hurt but I'm annoyed that I still tire quite quickly. Underneath a stack of fabric I found a patchwork quilt, all made up and ready for quilting that I had completely forgotten. Ooops - so I may have a go at that later this afternoon.

You seem to be doing great - well done you!

Hmmm ......... a clean joke to finish off with? Let me see :

Old MacDonald was dyslexic... E I O I E.


Have you heard about the dyslexic devil worshipper? He sold his soul to Santa!

Hope you have a happy and pain free weekend.

XX
 
Have you heard about the dyslexic devil worshipper? He sold his soul to Santa!

Oh @dogwheels LOL.
Hope things get fixed with your daughter. Is it expected that the hearing loss will be permanent? I hope not!
We have hummingbirds here. We make a sugar water to put in their feeder. They are quite an awe inspiring species.
So the patchwork quilt will keep you busy over the weekend.

Hope you enjoy it!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom