Guest viewing is limited

TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

Both my girls Star half golden have Springer and Bea is a golden mix both rescues are fantastic my recovery is going great for my knee but I unfortunately got a G.I. infection in the hospital that white me out and sent me to the ER for fluids so hoping to get the left knee planned for August week 10 maybe
 
@JanetK, so sorry to hear about your infection. I hope things are getting better for you. Good for you for getting rescue dogs. My hubby is partial to a the breeder where we bought our current and previous retriever from. The breeder has closed this year as he wanted to finally retire. He is an amazing breeder who treats all of his animals like they are his babies. It was actually kind of fun to meet the parents of the litter too. I have always had rescue cats and have a lot of respect for anyone that rescues animals.
 
I had my right knee done June 11 how far apart are your knee replacements scheduled

I had my right knee done on March 17. I couldn't see doing both at the same time and, besides, my OS is not a big fan of BTKRs. Being an avid golfer and wanting to not miss the entire season due to the surgeries, my goal is to be able to wait until at least October if not the first of the year to have the other knee done. My OS indicated that if I wanted to he would do the left knee 6-8 weeks after the right one, but ideally would like to wait at least three months.
 
This is the week! Good Luck, this should be easy now that you know all about TKR recovery. Have the bonesmarties here to cheer you on, that's a huge plus!
 
This is the week! Good Luck, this should be easy now that you know all about TKR recovery. Have the bonesmarties here to cheer you on, that's a huge plus!

Thanks @sibbi1123 - I will definitely keep you all in the loop on my recovery! Thank you to everyone for all of the support!
 
Last day of work today! I will work from home on Wednesday though I am not supposed to but want to get some last minute details taken care of before handing my desk over. Tomorrow is Canada Day so I will go for lunch with a friend and come back to chill out by the pool if it is not raining.

My sister texted me today about something she say on the news today. The is a drug called Bupivacaine that a woman on the program took after her second TKR. Apparently the pain relief can last for 96 hours and allows for a faster recovery. Apparently this woman was walking perfectly well, unassisted, after 10 days. I am hoping to have more time off than that but I am wondering if anyone has heard of this pain medication?

It is so hot and muggy outside today. I am about to go and have dinner with my son at my parents' place and then we will come home for a swim.

Hope everyone is doing well!
 
Good luck with your tkr! Someone on BS mentioned that drug and how great his recovery was. I believed he called it something else though. Maybe you can use the search function or google it. All the best!
 
Good luck on Thursday. I'm sure all will go well. I'll be thinking of you. My RTKR is a few days after yours,
on July 8th.
 
Hi @Roselover - thanks for stopping by. Good luck on your surgery on the 8th. I expect I will be running around by then. :rotfl:

It that a retriever on your profile pic?
 
She is a yellow lab, but she is white. She is very sweet, and our old cat likes to wash her cheeks whenever he gets the chance.
 
@Roselover - she is a cute dog as is your cat. We sure do have a lot of dog people on the forum. Here is a picture of my baby, Griffin. He is up north with my hubby and our two younger boys (we have 3) and I miss all of them.
[Bonesmart.org] Canadian Girl's Journey
 
Best wishes for your second knee!

I love your dog. We had a golden retriever for 13 years - Jess. She was like one more teenager in our household, as she did everything with the kids. I still miss her. We decided that, as we are getting older, we could not make the commitment to having another dog - but we have 2 cats. We've always had cats, as well as the dog. (Dog, cats, rabbits, chickens, fish, mice - we've had them all while the kids were growing up!)
 
Prayer for you 71 Beetle. For a successful surgery and healthy, complete recovery and new life! I am scheduled for my second knee July 21. By August we should both be singing a new song!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum caloparker4/21/14
 
Back
Top Bottom