Guest viewing is limited

TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

Thinking of you today. Hope all is well and you have an uneventful recovery!
 
Finally arrived at my gate. You are into thoughts and prayers!
Here is a little funny for you, I drove my husbands new car to the airport which is 2 hours away. Half way there somehow managed to turn on the haZard lights and for the life of me I couldn't figure how to get them off. I even pulled off the interstate got the owners manual out looked everything over and still couldn't find it. Finally googled the dealership and called them and a poor salesman thought I was going crazy at 7:30 in the morning but went out to his car and directed me to where to find them! BTW not where the owners manual said they were! and here I was all worried about my knee replacement!

Take care @71Beetle!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Blessings for the day hope all goes fantastic look forward to hearing from you


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi to everyone!

Thank you so much for keeping me in your thoughts! Thanks to @Pumpkln for the funny story to brighten my day too!

So I checked in for surgery at 8:00 am yesterday and did all of the stuff that needed to be dine before they brought me into the operating room. This time around, I was in a smaller room and it did not feel as ominous to me as it did in May.

I am in a semi-private room as they did not have private ones available. My room mate this time is quiet compared to the one I had last time so I am happy that I saved the money.

My pain is somewhat manageable as I press the pain pump button regularly and they add meds on top of it. The pain woke me up about 30 minutes ago and I can't get back to sleep so what better place to be at this hour (5:00 am)

My OS came to see me last night. Apparently all the talk of MUA on my left knee was in my subconscious mind. He said I asked four times fir gin to manipulate it during the surgery, including after he had done it! :)

I had not asked for it when he came to check in before the surgery so I don't know where that came from ! Anyway it is done and it seems to have added a bit more flexion so I am pleased.

My family will be coming to visit today and I cannot wait to see them! Physio will come in to see me today and my large wrap will be taken off and most of the tubes will be removed.

I am tired but can't sleep but other than that and of course, the pain, I am feeling good. No nausea or anything which I am happy about.

Hope everyone is doing well. Happy 4th of July to all of you in the US. I would love it if you could share what you are doing this weekend so I can live vicariously through your stories while I am stuck in here. :)

Chat with you soon!

Lisa


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am so happy that things are going well for you! I love spell check, when I was first reading through, it looked like you were asking for gin:heehee:.

Usually for the 4th of July, my entire extended family gets together at my folks cottage to celebrate. There are close to 30 of us at a 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom cottage with a kitchen that's studio apartment size, but we manage to create some of the most delicious meals and pitch tents around the cottage. My brother's family even comes in from South Dakota (about a 12 hour drive). We have a fire pit just off the beach, and watch the fireworks over the lake from there. Although I won't be going this year because I am still just 3 weeks out and love my ice and elevation too much, I have convinced my husband to go and get a break from being caregiver, worker, and temporary mom and dad. I think it will be good for him to have some fun. I do plan on going up later this summer when it's not quite so hectic and I don't have to watch out for 7 dogs that are so loving they are likely to trip me:doggie::dogsniff::doggie::puppysmooze::puppysmooze::doggie::puppysmooze:

I wish you the best of luck with this recovery and will be watching for updates!
 
I am very glad to hear that things went well. Sorry to hear that you have to share a room. How's the food?
 
@H2Opolomon, Thanks for your response! I just re-read my post and you are right, it does say gin. Ha ha. That would have made the surgery interesting for sure! I am not used to using my phone for BoneSmart so I am all thumbs! And of course, I can blame the drugs too

Too bad you can't go to the family reunion, but I can imagine how tough that would be at 3 weeks if you were in a tent! I hope you have a nice weekend!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm so glad things went well! I'm sure all of us had you in their thoughts yesterday. I know I checked a lot, waiting for word. Are you being iced? What blocks did you get for the surgery?
 
Lisa,

I am pleased that everything looks like it is going well at the moment - shame you are not in a fully private room because they would probably have granted your request for Gin!

Keep pressing the pain pump button and stay ahead of the pain..

We do not celebrate 4th of July in Ireland (but we do note it with so many Irish Americans in the world!). We are going to County Kerry for the weekend where my wife is doing a charity cycle, The Ring of Kerry Cycle - 181km (approx. 112 miles!). I keep saying that I will attempt when my knees are able, maybe in 2016? It's a great social day out, about 8,000 people of all ages, shapes and sizes do it.

I will be doing just as important a job - entertaining my 2 daughters, aged 7 & 9 in the Irish rain that is forecast for the weekend.

Keep the meds up and sleep whenever you can, even it is not during the night.

Take care

Mike
 
Glad to hear you are feeling okay! Did you also have MUA or were you just thinking that? My hubby and I are at our camper in South Jersey. Love it here. We have had thunderstorms the past two nights. I slept thru one night - hubby said the camper shook. Scary I can sleep so heavily. Going to rain here until this afternoon. There is so much to do here. Hiking walking swimming in the lake which is my avatar. Also beautiful pool and on weekends some kind of entertainment. My favorite thing though is the seafood and fresh produce. All the best to you.
 
@71Beetle
So good to hear from you! No big plans here for me for the 4th.
Hope your pain continues to be managed well.
Keep taking good care. :ice: Are you able to ice?

:flwrysmile: hopefaith
 
Glad to hear from you.
Spending a quiet day, Brats and all the fixings, the watching the fireworks from our deck.
Keep up the good pain control! And have a healing day!
 
Dang, I'm still waiting for the fishing report.........Ha.
Sounds like things went well. Just another day in paradise.
Glad you are doing good.
Wife wants to go watch Fireworks at a small town up the road.
Most of the big shows were done early here & then they wait a couple more weeks to do one more show.
Guess they figure more people & money can go to more shows that way.
Rest well & often.
 
We had a quiet day. We went to a real movie for the first time since surgery. No movie knees. Yay! Made salad, cheeseburgers and corn for supper. My next door neighbors are old and hard of hearing. They put out an old boom box way louder than the speakers could handle and set it on NPR all day! Needles to say, after we ate outside on the deck, we hurried inside before I bleed grin my ears!
How you've had an easy day, Lisa!
 
Congrats on another successful surgery. I assume you'll be home today to enjoy this lovely weather, relaxing, elevating and icing!
 
I would love it if you could share what you are doing this weekend
@71Beetle Not doing anything special this weekend. I did play golf yesterday, like I do every weekday. One of the guys had a particularly rough day, losing a lot of balls in the deep rough and in a couple of sand traps that were still filled with water after our 1.25" rainfall the other day. He joined us after the round for a beer, something he doesn't usually do, and when he called home to tell his wife he would be later than normal he ended up inviting wife to come join us. Given his looking for all of these lost balls slowed us down considerably I suggested that maybe he might want to bring his wife along on Monday to help him look for his balls!
 
@71Beetle
You did it!! Now your full recovery can begin. Rest, take care of yourself, be one with the ice! It is hard, but it's going to be worth it.

I am trying to figure out how I can use the recumbent bike (my favorite exercise) when I get my right knee done in two weeks. Maybe you can figure that out for me! My left knee wants to peddle, but I know my other one won't be able to.

We had a quiet 4 July at my house. Set some small fireworks off in the evening with our grandchildren. Fountains and sparklers and such. The big displays were postponed due to weather. Today we will have a family pool party/cookout with some fireworks at night.

Looking forward to your progress! May Gid grant healing mercies and a beautiful recovery.






Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum caloparker4/21/14
 
@71Beetle A Canadian billboard just for you to cheer you up!

[Bonesmart.org] Canadian Girl's Journey
 
Back
Top Bottom