Guest viewing is limited

TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

@Tamsmom good luck on your test! Are you a financial planner?

I do live in a beautiful part of the world. What is nice about Ottawa, is that you get the benefits of being the nation's capital without being in a big city. I live in a rural area but I can still get right downtown in less than 30 minutes (if there are no cops and no traffic :))
 
@LauraLeigh - that is too bad that you cannot find an alternate pool that suits you. I know exactly what you mean about the ladders. I cannot even imagine trying that! We have stairs in our shallow end and a ladder in the deep end. I think I will be able to manage the stairs. Still have two weeks to go before I can swim according to the OS (still have some openings on my scar). And I get my right TKR in 4 weeks so not a whole lot of swimming for me this summer. My boys and hubby are enjoying the pool anyway! It was stinkin' hot today so everyone but me was in the pool. We have short seasons here so we have to enjoy it while we can.
 
@Phil75070 that is the way to golf. My father-in-law has the same type of membership at his local golf course. He golfs with a great bunch of guys 3 days a week and is the Treasurer for the group. He and my mother-in-law go out together twice a week. That is my idea of retirement as well!
 
So going back to work went okay today. My husband dropped me off for 10:00 am. A nice welcome back from everyone too. I caught up on a number of things and set a plan for the rest of the week. My son picked me up at 2:00 pm and I came home and slept for 2.5 hours! I was armed with ice packs and pain meds and think I did okay.

Tomorrow I have physio right after work so will see how that goes. I did my exercises this morning and this evening. All of the extension exercises are very easy for me but the flexion ones are still proving to be a challenge. I will speak to the physiotherapist tomorrow to see if there is anything more I can do to relieve the tightness.

My OS said that I was doing okay with it when I saw him last but that if it was still like that at the 6 week mark then he would want to do an MUA. I have seen mixed reviews on MUA on this forum and I don't know how I feel about it. The good thing about doing physio at the hospital is that my OS keeps an eye on my progress. Does anyone have any tips on loosening up before the physio exercises or is it just going to come with time?
 
I enjoy it just as much from the comfort of my couch and the beer is a lot cheaper
I agree, but I do enjoy going to games from time to time. We saw the minor league Stockton Thunder last fall, hockey wasn't great, but it was fun to be there.
 
I agree, but I do enjoy going to games from time to time. We saw the minor league Stockton Thunder last fall, hockey wasn't great, but it was fun to be there.

We go to see our Ontario Team often with the kids, The Ottawa 67's. It is great hockey. Our minor league is the Binghampton Senators but I have only seen them once.
 
@71Beetle Just curious. When you arrive at PT what is the first thing they have you do? For me, they put me on a stationary bike for 8 minutes. That seems to loosen things up in preparation for all of the harder stuff later.
 
I'll throw in my .02. I did stationary bike for 10 minutes and elliptical for 3.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Hi @JustJeff and @Phil75070 - No, I do not go on the bike first. That is a great idea though. I can't do a full rotation on the bike but I will be able to do so soon. Either way it will be a good warm up!
 
I always start with 10 min on the NuStep. Very low impact and I can get a sweat going.


4/1/2014 TKR
 
It Ida non weight bearing piece of exercise equipment that
many PT clinics have. I don't think many people have them in their hmes, they are pretty pricey.
[Bonesmart.org] Canadian Girl's Journey




4/1/2014 TKR
 
Even just going back and forth and not making a complete revolution on the bike would help loosen things up. That's all they had me doing in week one and early in week two in rehab.
 
@Tamsmom that is a cool piece of equipment. I have a regular exercise bike and a rowing machine. Can't
use the rowing machine yet but it is my favourite. The treadmill was my favourite when I was a runner but walking on it is soooo booooring....! Pleased to see that you got the pic uploaded :)

The physiotherapist says that not doing complete rotations is fine and that I can work up to it. I was on the bike today for ten minutes and it did loosen things up for me.

This is my 3rd day back at work working 10am to 2pm. I am tired today but I think that is because I had physio yesterday and did not have my nap. I am still a bit bitter about how they have dealt with my sick leave but I have no choice right now. I do think I will start looking for another job in the fall when I have my mojo back after I have rehabbed from my right knee replacement. I never thought I would look for another job but there is no real benefit in my being there any more. I am more frustrated than I should be and I know it will only get worse.
 
I do think I will start looking for another job in the fall when I have my mojo back after I have rehabbed from my right knee replacement. I never thought I would look for another job but there is no real benefit in my being there any more. I am more frustrated than I should be and I know it will only get worse.
Sorry you are having these problems Beetle...such a bummer! When things like this happen I always think something better is going to open for me! I think you will be happy when you get a different job and get treated better!!!
 
Hello TKR friends! I have heard some people talk about lymphatic massage to ease swelling and potentially increase ROM. Is this something I should look into? I love massage and have a great massage therapist that I go to to keep limber. I can see if she does lymphatic massage but I would like to get opinions from this forum on lessons learned from your experiences.

Thanks so much!
 
Back
Top Bottom