TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

Hi @Celle . I will not go out on client meetings so I essentially have a desk job and will ice and elevate while I am there. I have a ride there and back and will take my meds. I am commission-based so I need to work to be paid. It is unfortunate but Unemployment Insurance will not pay enough for us to pay the bills. I won't be doing anything once I get home and my family is prepared to continue to baby me. I have to try it anyway but will not compromise my recovery. I appreciate your support!
 
OK, @71Beetle

I can see you're between a rock and a hard place! I guess you have to go in to work. I'm glad you have the family support to do so.

Just do nothing at all except work on the days you go in.

I have a friend who insisted on going back to work at only 2 weeks after his TKR. He is a civil engineer with a PhD who is the head of his engineering teaching school. Not a job he could delegate.

He managed it, but only because he hired a wheelchair and worked from that. He took an insulated bin full of ice packs each day and kept his knee iced almost constantly. His wife drove him to and from work and he went straight to bed (and elevated his leg) when he got home. He didn't have to worry about housework or meal preparation.
Because his mind had to be clear, he cut back on his medication too. I think that was really hard for him and he battled a lot of pain.

However, he did manage it and now, 18 months later, he has a well-functioning knee - but he admits it was tough going.

I wish you well. Do keep posting and letting us know how you are getting on.
 
Tie right now, one more period, and the Hockey Master will be known. Good

One more period....I don't know if I can stay awake for it! Have to be up early to start back at work. If I do fall asleep I will either look forward to your message or you will see mine in the morning. Entertaining game for sure!
 
I was thinking you should get in the pool and loosen up a bit! Is there a reason not to get in?

Hey golf buddies....I was all set to grab a cart and follow my husband around for 9 holes and chip and putt...but we got thunderstorms this afternoon and I really need to be studying for my Series 63 test.




4/1/2014 TKR
 
@Tamsmom - I cannot swim for two more weeks - I just had my staples out last week so the scar is still healing.

We have a par 3 not far from our place and it is great to practice my short game which is where I need the most work. I hit straight and okay on the fairways but then choke around the greens. What is the phrase? "Drive for show, putt for dough". We are really close to a beautiful and somewhat challenging full 18 hole course as well. I do not hit par on many of the holes but the scenery is enough to keep me going back. Can't wait for next year!

What is a Series 63 test?
 
@Pumpkln I am still up! This is a nail biter! Oh man, OT of Game 7 - the suspense is killing me!
 
@71Beetle, one of things I've missed so much for the last couple of weeks has been my Saturday water aerobics class. I can't wait to get back in the pool! Unfortunately I'll have to wait longer than 8 weeks as the class doesn't start up again until September. My "happy place" that I'm using for my guided meditation practice is an imaginary pool...it's so relaxing to think about just floating peacefully with no gravity dragging me down...ahhhhh.....
 
@LauraLeigh That is a grand idea! I am all for visualization too. Can you not find another class to go to in the summer. You need to do something to cool off. I have been to Dallas in the summer and it was crazy hot. At least it was not humid like it is here in the summer!
 
@Pumpkln - it was a great game! I think Crawford was shocked by that one. A great series. Tell your hubby that am sorry his team did not win. I am rooting for LA over New York for the cup. How about you?
 
Hubby said he is sorry about the Senators. He dared me to tell you this. We are a couple of sports girls, who just want to have fun, and ribbing is part of the game. :rotfl:
 
Pumpkin and beetle...I love sports, hockey is probably one of the few I don't watch though!

Beetle, series 63 test is for my securities license, to sell variable investment t products, sounds exciting, I know!

It sounds like you enjoy a very pretty area of our world.




4/1/2014 TKR
 
@71Beetle, it may be possible for me to find another class that works; there are several suburban cities around here that offer them. The problem is often what kind of pool: last year I had being taking a deep water class at one pool but had to quit because the only way in or out of the pool was via the ladders which my knees couldn't do anymore by last December. The one I go to now has a shallow end that I can walk into then swim down to the deep end for the class.

Timing is another factor: the pool I go to has a weekday class in the summer but since I won't be able to drive and my husband will be at work, that's inconvenient.

There is a community pool in my subdivision but I'm QUITE sure it's full of germs and wouldn't go near it. There's very little oversight and of course it will be chock-a-block with screaming kids all summer! I'll pass on that.

So I'll just have to wait and see when I'll be allowed in the water and what classes are available at times I can go.
 
There is a community pool in my subdivision but I'm QUITE sure it's full of germs and wouldn't go near it. There's very little oversight and of course it will be chock-a-block with screaming kids all summer! I'll pass on that.
Ours can be like this on the weekend. They now have to do daily testing of the water, I have been pleased with how much difference it makes in the water quality. I go in the mornings before most swimmers arrive. Still waiting for the odd pesky stitch that sticks out.
 
Do you have a membership at one course or do you try different ones in your neighbourhood?

@71Beetle If you were asking me, when I was working I belonged to a very nice country club, a Pete Dye designed course. Since I have retired I belong to a "semi-private" course where I pay monthly dues and I have unlimited golf, use of the electric carts, driving range and work out facility. The golf is only Monday through Friday but the driving range and work out facility is 7 day access. Plus they do have a nice swimming pool for members only. The course is not the greatest but it is challenging and more importantly the guys I have come to know are a great bunch of people. Weekdays it is mostly us "seniors" playing. :)

Every now and then we will take a "road trip" to play somewhere else.
 
I will be rooting for LA, because NY beat Montreal

Same reason I am going for LA. We can't bet again if we are going for the same team. Is your hubby going for the Rangers?

Tell your hubby that he is right to feel sorry for the Sens. They have had a pitiful few years. Spezza as captain was a mistake in my opinion. We used to have seasons tickets but it was too expensive to watch them lose all the time so we stopped. We may go to one or two games a season now. I enjoy it just as much from the comfort of my couch and the beer is a lot cheaper :)
 
Back
Top Bottom