TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

The only thing worse would be the sarcasm of teenage girls. I've been the focus of both over the years.
 
My measurements at physio today: ROM 91 and Extension -4. I am pretty pleased with those numbers! I did well during physio. No real pain during the exercises but so swollen and stiff after.

I should have called it a day but my oldest boy turned 19 today so we went out for his birthday dinner then over to my parents' place for dessert so they could wish their grandson a happy birthday.

I am now on the couch watching the Montreal Canadiens / New York Rangers game, icing and elevating and keeping an eye on the clock - 30 more minuted before my next pain pills! :chillpill:
 
:(o


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®

Well, that game did not end the way I hoped! Oh well, I will finish watching the series (go LA) and will look forward to FIFA World Cup Soccer next month! :heehee:
 
Hope the fishing was better than the Hockey. :realing:
Did they get back yet?
Sounds like you are doing well. My extension was good early also.
Then the rest came pretty quick.......Good luck.
 
Hi @ironman60 - the fishing was definitely better than hockey. They were only gone for four days and it was the best year yet. They caught the maximum every day and ended up releasing a lot. We will be eating walleye for some time. They have come home on a number of occasions with no fish (I call that washing worms) so this trip's bounty was well deserved!

I am pretty pleased at my progress so far. Still taking meds every four hours. My body needs them at three hours still. I try to ignore the pain but I end up watching the clock and diving for the pills as soon as that 4 hours is up. I would like to reduce them but it is still to painful. Time heals all so I will continue my quest for patience.

Have a great weekend!
 
Hey BEETLE. thanks for the support. I'm thinking you will find it easier by week fourvtoo. My first weeks were a shocker sleepless and without the ice and elevation I would've gone nuts..Its pretty intense but I have been blessed and able to move about.
Hang in there and keep posting...its so good to hear others progress..helps me so much.
All the best Lily in Oz
 
My husband is from Chicago, so we are rooting for the Blackhawks vs Kings.
Sports do give you an escape from life for a few hours.
 
My husband is from Chicago, so we are rooting for the Blackhawks vs Kings.
Sports do give you an escape from life for a few hours.

Ooooh, a friendly competition. I do think that Chicago has a better team but they won last year so I hope LA gets a chance. It is a good series. I think the Rangers/Canadiens series would have been better had we not lost Price as a goalie but Tokarski did really well to fill in with the little NHL experience he has. What an opportunity for him!

At least now I can go back to hating Montreal. I am a diehard Senators fan (even with all of their disappointments the past few years). :)
 
As a Devils fan, it was hard to root for the Rangers, but root for them I did. When the playoffs are over I can go back to hating them too. So looking forward to the World Cup. As a citizen of the US and Italy, I have two teams to pull for. :yahoo:

The US is in a very difficult group. :-(
 
I can't see the Rangers winning the cup but I didn't think they would get this far in the series either so you never know. Canada's team missed out on the World Cup for a seventh straight time - no surprise there. Soccer is definitely not our sport! :shrug:
 
Super tired today after overdoing it yesterday. Had a 3 hour nap this afternoon! Woke up with my knee and ice pack in the exact same spot so clearly I did not move at all - my boys were in the family room with me all doing there own thing very quietly - they are so sweet to me. :)

My right knee (which is my worse knee) is really starting to bug me and I cannot get any more cortisone shots as it is too close to my next surgery. I have one more month of this before the TKR on my right leg.

We are hosting my youngest boy's hockey party tomorrow. They are going paintballing then coming back here for pizza and swimming and hanging out by the pool. I will park my behind on a lounge chair with a high cushion and watch the festivities. We are supposed to have a really nice day for it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
 
They gave me a stool softener in the hospital (don't know what is was called) for a couple of days. Today they gave me a dose of Metamucil, which I did NOT enjoy and later I drank an apple cider vinegar and honey drink made by Bragg's. I'm not sure which one worked it's magic on me but I'm all clear! For what it's worth I've heard that a mix of 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar plus a tbsp of honey in a cup of water was good for constipation. I've tried it mixed with a squeeze of lemon and microwaved as a nice hot drink.
 
Back
Top Bottom