Guest viewing is limited

TKR Can lost ROM be regained

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Majic - glad you have medication that's helping.. Hang in there! Hope it clears up soon and you can get some SLEEP tonight!!! :console2:
 
Sorry to hear about your ongoing bladder problems. Really hope these meds help to relieve the pain and clear it up quickly.
 
So smart of you to have it checked out so quickly. Here's hoping for an equally quick recovery!
 
@Majic Hi, sorry to hear you have another UTI, sounds so similar to what l had when l had my left knee replaced 2 years ago. Have they tried long term antibiotics?
 
@CATSMUM I am beginning to feel better, but very tired, I had to get up 5 times again last night, and I really need my sleep. I intend to raise the question of long term antibiotic prevention treatment when I see the Lady Doctor on Friday. I was feeling so well, and now my appetite has disappeared again. I am feeling really fed up.
 
All these recurrent infections take it out of you for sure. I'm glad to hear you're feeling a little better now. Do make sure you mention about long term antibiotics as this infection could be really deep seated.
 
@CATSMUM more developments on UTI. I am on my fifth prescription! I have seen 5 different Doctprs in our practise. The one I saw yesterday yet again as an emergency I had never seen before as she is there temporarily at the moment. I do however know her quite well socially as she lives locally and did live at the end of our road.
This made it easier to talk to her, and she was brilliant. She has put me on a 7 day course of Trimethoprim on top of the one of 3 days which I had just finished. She explained what could be happening in my bladder, and the different types of deep seated infections.

Through my OS I have an appointment with a Urologist in Gloucester on Friday morning, so I have the pills till then and I shall just have to see what he says. He probably sees a lot of this type of problem. I will let you know what happens then.

At the moment I am getting very little sleep and have not much appetite. I have had to stop wearing my wedding ring as it keeps falling off !!!
 
It really sounds like you have a deep seated infection, just like l did with my first knee replacement. Really pleased that the GP you saw gave you trimethoprim, that should help. Let's hope you get a definitive answer on Friday, you've suffered long enough, blooming catheters! Not surprised you have no appetite, UTIs are miserable things to have. x
 
:yay:@CATSMUM Hurrah, only got up once in night otherwise slept from 10.15pm to 5.55am, which I consider virtually morning.

I still feel slightly sick though, and have no appetite. I also have had 2 very long naps during day, and still feel tired. I am so much more relaxed I could sleep standing up.

Husband joined me in marital bed last night and I think I felt better for his presence I was a lot less anxious about everything.

Long may the good things continue.
 
That is brilliant, so happy for you, those antibiotics must be working for you. They do make you feel nauseous, l know that when l had them they did, l was prescribed nitrofuratin which were fine but l don't think as good as them.
Too much info about your hubby and marital bed :heehee:. Seriously, you must be feeling an awful lot better with hubby being close in the night now.
If there is any justice, you're on the road to recovery. :flwrysmile: If you feel like sleeping or dozing, do so, l quite often find I've dozed off when l wake myself up snoring, lol.
 
Everything went well this morning @CATSMUM , the specialist was extremely nice. He listened carefully to every word from the catheter removal to now. He nodded over and over and said it was a very common story, but said that whereas in a young girl it clears up with about 2 lots of antibiotics, as you get older the bladder takes longer to heal.

He has put me on a maintenance dose of once a day Nitrofluontoin for 8 weeks.after I had told him how sick I had been feeling on the Trimethropin - forgive the spelling if it is wrong. I also have to go for an ultrasound scan on the 28th in case he is missing anything, although he seems pretty sure that since I had no symptoms before the catheter it is simply that. I feel so much happier now, and hopefully I shall be soon be hungry once again.

Lots of love,
 
@Majic I'm so pleased that the consultant was good and listened to you. I, too, was put in a maintenance dose of that antibiotic and it did clear it up. I also had an ultrasound scan which was normal. You should soon begin to notice the improvement. You must be so relieved. Takes a couple of days for them to start working but they are good for dealing with this problem.
 
@Majic Hows everything going? Have the tablets started working yet? Hope you're feeling a lot better.
 
Good To Hear you are finally getting that all cleared up. It must have been terrible to have your sleep interuped so often, take care.

Sharon
 
Things are going pretty well @CATSMUM with one blip I have only got up twice in the night since I started the tablets, which is not bad for me. @kate23 thanks for thinking of me it has been a terrible time and has lasted since the beginning of August! I can't wear my rings anymore as I have lost so much weight, they just drop off.@sharalder I had a big success this morning,I went down to mid-week communion, and didn't need the loo during the service!
 
@CATSMUM you have had two knees done like me I notice. I am concerned that since I had my second, my first has started too hurt again, almost as much at the moment as the second. It seems to have come out in sympathy. Did yours do that? I am really worried about it. I see my OS tomorrow and will ask him, but am very worried about what he will say.
 
@Majic Mine has done exactly the same thing. My OS said it was because the left knee was having to give more support to the operated one and it was quite weak. It's probably the ligaments and muscles complaining about being so rudely used. I wear a knee support and ice it to help when it hurts. Do have a word with your OS but if your left knee is anything like mine, it's due to having to support the operated knee. Please let ip me know what he says. Try not to worry. x
 
@Majic , Hi and glad to hear you are doing well at home! Sorry about the UTI- I had one going in to surgery last year but it cleared up okay. I am drinking lots of H2O in preparation for my next TKR and hoping I won't get another UTI. I'm not sure about the current ache from your right knee, but it makes sense that it is now bearing the brunt of the work and needs to complain a little. Hopefully your OS determines that all is well!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom