Majic
graduate
@Josephine Thank you for all your advice. I haven't followed up the second opinion route, as my knees themselves cause me no trouble, and everyone who examines them says how good they are. I have however followed up your recommendation of a good Chiropractor. I have found a wonderful one in Cheltenham who has been treating me for some weeks now. She does a lot of massage and some acupuncture each time I go.
I am now not particularly stiff and managed to walk 5 miles of the south west coastal footpath while on holiday in early September without pain except for the last quarter of a mile on roads. It was the first time I had walked so far since my knees started to bother me. I have also had one pain free day since so things are definitely looking up.
My main problem is that although I have regained the flexion in my right knee, the left is still a long way behind although it has gained a little. I am doing stretching exercises every morning and a little bit on an exercise bike. Is there anything else you could suggest? I still take paracetamol 3 x day, would it be better to take it at night as well, and are there any exercises you could recommend?
If anyone else is reading this what has worked for you?
I am now not particularly stiff and managed to walk 5 miles of the south west coastal footpath while on holiday in early September without pain except for the last quarter of a mile on roads. It was the first time I had walked so far since my knees started to bother me. I have also had one pain free day since so things are definitely looking up.
My main problem is that although I have regained the flexion in my right knee, the left is still a long way behind although it has gained a little. I am doing stretching exercises every morning and a little bit on an exercise bike. Is there anything else you could suggest? I still take paracetamol 3 x day, would it be better to take it at night as well, and are there any exercises you could recommend?
If anyone else is reading this what has worked for you?
United Kingdom
