Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi sqwerlie So glad you dropped by to visit on the GoshPorch as glynis so cleverly named it.
I had some rhubard upside down cake this past summer, which was delicious, so I think with enough sweetener, rhubarb lemonade would be good. I'm sure the color would have a bit of a blush to it. Along with the basil lemonade it would make for a more interesting afternoon of thirst quenching and good conversation.
I'm glad you're resting up from your weekend reunion. How did that go - did you have many people? Both sides of the family, yours and Mr. sqwerlie's too? It's so fun to see everyone, but also can be very tiring. You're smart to relax and take it easy, put your feet up, have a nice cool drink and look at your beautiful farm scenery. I'd love to see a picture of something farm-ish that you may have - crops, animals, fields - whatever. It would be fun to see what your farm is like.. :)
 
Here is another porch I thought we could sit out on if we decide on the Greek Islands for our virtual trip.​
Hi glynis, I think we would all look good on this porch!
ByGosh, sign me up for the cruise too...I have never been but would love to...the only cruising i have done is to the grocery store. I hope the prednisone starts to give you some relief soon.
Annie
 
glynis Yes, yes! We want that porch, as a rest stop on our cruise. And, you know, if we are creating this virtual cruise, we can create our retinue of medical professionals as well, who could come along. We may have to hire a translator for some of them, but I've thought a translator could be useful at most of my medical appointments!
sqwerlie Rhubarb lemonade sounds great.
 
I think we had all better invest in jeweled sandals and gossemer robes to fit in on that porch. We can all raise a crystal glass in hommage to the Olympian gods and murmer a round of thanks to Hippocrates, who is credited with being the founder of modern medicine. After all, we wouldn't be on the cruise if it weren't for modern medicine!
 
@annigmg Kim22 nmscienceteacher It's wonderful that you're joining us on our Fantasy Cruise of a Lifetime! The more of us who join in, the more interesting the conversation.
glynis Oh that's a spectacular place. Breathtaking and perfect for us. You've officially raised the bar. I'm so glad you posted it- what a wonderful idea, and it's so very enjoyable to browse the site and look around. If there are any more great travel ideas in that pretty little head of yours, please let us know. :)

insensitive specimens along for the cruise and have a "walk the plank" event just for fun!:yahoo:
Hahaha anniemg . I'll have to tag Kylesh - she'll appreciate that idea!

nmscienceteacher You're absolutely right - jeweled sandals and flowing breezy robes..What a vision that is. I'm feeling transported to a different time already - beautiful, ancient, full of history and wonder. This is getting better and better!

LeeApril26 I'm glad that you found the meditation and like it. I will take the advice of nmscienceteacher and see if there are any of his classes nearby that would be manageable.
 
Just stopped by to visit with you all on the GoshPorch and enjoy the lovely warm weather and good company. I could do with some summer. Although it does look like spring has come early here. :spin:

You all will have to add New Zealand to your cruise, and on the way you could stop by the Pacific islands.
 
Strolling by the GoshPorch, pulling up a little chair, as I see all the rockers are taken... glynis you may construe that however you like:whistle: . Your Greek porch is to die for! I do see myself in diaphanous white with a deep turquoise underlayer to give it an under-sea sort of effect. Hubby (we can bring hubbys? or is this girls' year out?) in white trousers and a navy blazer, looking oh so distinguished :) I will have soft strappy flat sandals in deep turquoise, and I will wear my opal pendant, a delicate touch!

Whoosh, that's thirsty work, coming up with an outfit that's worthy of that fancy porch and tent! may I have a glass of rhubarb lemonade, please ByGosh ? Oh, thank you! Yummy!

Ok, gotta go look over the rest of the wardrobe. tee hee....
 
ByGosh, LeeApril26, Kim22, glynis, Kylesh, nmscienceteacher, anniemg, Butterfly, sqwerlie, zauberflöte octopus and everyone else who is on the previous pages - well, I can't believe it! I turn my back for a week and you're all off on a fantasy cruise around the Greek Islands - my favourite part of the world. Who's going to look after this thread and keep the Goshporch swept? Not me because I want to come too. I hope we're going on a 5* cruise ship and not some beat up old rust bucket. Where do you want to visit? BT = been there. You could start off in the Ionian sea and the Ionian islands with Corfu (BT)where you can visit the body of St Spiridion and kiss him. Fine if you don't mind kissing old men with leathery lips, then Paxos (BT), Cephalonia (BTx 5 times) my dream island which I know like my own back garden. I'll take you on a tour. Cephalonia also has a dead saint who is called St Gerasimus. We can call at the monastery in the mountains where he is kept. He is guarded by a monk and a nun. You are not able to kiss him only his feet in little red slippers when he is taken across to the new church on August 16th, his feast day. Most of us won't be able to get down that far so feet kissing is out. We can call at Sami and take the ferry across to Ithaka (BTx3)) the home of Homer's Odyssey and then on to Zakynthos (BT). Then we could have an at-sea day while we sail around the bottom bit of Greece to the Aegean Sea. We can all relax on the deck near the pool on our loungers and handsome attendants can bring us ice-cold drinks/ cocktails/wine / food /pain killers or we can go off to the spa for some beauty treatments and a lovely relaxing massage - mind the hips/scars/groins if you don't mind. The more higher minded of us can go off to the theatre and listen to a lecture and watch slides on what we are going to visit next and its history. And don't forget to ask questions and come back and tell the rest of us. Dress up for dinner - doesn't matter if you can't manage the stilletos yet - wear your gossamer robes and flat jewelled sandals - nobody will notice. The next morning we will be in the Cyclades Islands which are tiny, tiny, and our ship will only be able to dock at Santorini where we can all get off and have a trip around the island. Then back on the ship and across to the Dodecanese Islands and we can start at Samos (BT) which is the nearest Greek island to Turkey and which has lots of military installations that you come across in the mountains. They're not hard to find as there are large notices which say 'Military Zone - no photographs' and a pic of a camera with a big red cross through it. Then on to lovely little Patmos (BT) which is where St John the Evangelist wrote the Book of the Apocalypse. Then past five or six other islands until we reach Rhodes (BT) which is very historical and has a walled medieval town with winding little streets and is so windy it will blow you off your feet. And it's not a cool wind. Or we can visit Lindos, on top of a hill, and we can enjoy sweltering in the very narrow streets. Then on to Crete (BT) which is the largest of all the Greek islands. We will avoid the resorts popular with young British youths as one of the sights you won't want to see is young kids puking up in the gutters or fighting in the streets. There are some lovely places though. I've spent a total of 20 weeks on the Greek islands and I love the people, the history, the food, the weather - what is there not to like? Excuse me if I skip the sugary fruit drinks on the Goshporch if you don't mind. I don't want to go into a coma because of all the sugary gloop nor do I want to miss the cruise by being stuck in @ByGosh's bathroom because of the effect of the rhubarb. A nice glass of red will do me fine. How is the tendinitis ByGosh? I do hope you haven't aggravated it by jumping up and down on your porch serving drinks.
Buckingham Palace exhibition was not good so no writing. Loving thoughts, Ros :friends: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: xx Am off to pack case with diaphonous garments
 
Just stopped by to visit with you all on the GoshPorch and enjoy the lovely warm weather and good company. I could do with some summer. Although it does look like spring has come early here. :spin:

You all will have to add New Zealand to your cruise, and on the way you could stop by the Pacific islands.

What a good idea octopus... Pacific Cruise... :)

So Spring has sprung.. Not here babe... Still freezing cold here.... Brrrrrr!
 
Nylsor Other than kissing the wizened dried saint and the other's little red shoes I'm in! Thanks you for another lovely tour. The Greek islands sound just wonderful. I envision lots of blue and white, which will match our robes and slippers.
 
Nylsor Ros, what a magnificent tour-- thank you so much! I may kiss saints' feet just to show off that I can get down to the floor LOL. But it's the light and the sun that I most want. And several days at sea, please, those are the best! You are very clever to avoid the ill effects of the rhubarb, but remember it's cyber rhubarb and lemonade, so you may have as much of anything as you want with no ill effects whatsoever!

ByGosh I hear you in there ooh-ing and aaah-ing about something that's shown up in your closet-- care to try it on for us?:heehee:
 
What a good idea octopus... Pacific Cruise... :)

So Spring has sprung.. Not here babe... Still freezing cold here.... Brrrrrr!
We've had a gorgeous week here, beautiful sunny days, someone mentioned 18 degrees. Quite balmy for winter, even the paper is reporting an early spring. I'm not holding my breath though. I don't think winter is done with us yet.

We'll have to stop by Aussie as well, to the tropical parts :)
 
Thanks Nylsor Thanks for your wonderful journey around the Greek Islands which had really wetted my appetite for our cruise.The only Greek Island I have visited is Crete and luckily we avoided the binge drinking areas.I loved the scenery,the history as well as the food and the friendliness of the people.The other islands sound fantastic and a great choice for our fantasy cruise glynis.

I love the concept of the Goshporch so thanks for your hospitality ByGosh but don't overdo things. We will all muck in ( I hope you understand this British expression which means we will all take a share of helping out with chores like preparing drinks ) Have a great Sunday all.
 
So sorry Poppet - how could I have missed you out? You were over the page and I put the names on last! You lose the text if you go back a page before posting. And I'd love to visit Australia and New Zealand again. Mr Nylsor won't go as he doesn't't like spending an entire day in a plane to get there. So good thing I can go with all of you. Perhaps my brother will invite us for tea in NZ :) :) Ros
 
Thanks Nylsor, for another excellent travelogue. I don't know who it was who first suggested the Greek Islands, but they seem to be meeting with popular approval.

I think most of us will pass on all that kissing, though. My mother taught me to be very sparing with my kisses, and she particularly cautioned against getting too enthusiastic with this activity if I had even the slightest reason to believe that the person might have been dead for over a hundred years.

I do have to take you to task on one thing, Nylsor. I have only ever been to Ithaka, and as you rightly say this has to be accessed via Cephalonia. You mention taking "the ferry".

My trip was not that long after my accident, and I was still heavily reliant on my stick. Possibly the locals took advantage of our naivety, but the vessel we were directed towards would perhaps have been more aptly described as a scruffy old fishing smack, whose rusting timbers were drifting it ever more relentlessly towards the ignominy of its twilight years.

Access to this floating wreck was so impossibly awful - involving much climbing, much twisting, and much bending of the head - that I took one look at it, and, in my usual cheerful and positive manner, announced: "I can't do that."

It was patiently explained to me that if I didn't do it, the comfortable accommodation already booked on Ithaka would be forfeit. I gave it a try.

My husband Graham and two burly Greek fishermen attempted to gain purchase on whichever of my limbs currently hove into their view, as the vessel rose and fell dramatically on the quite brisk swell.

A gentlemanly English tourist took charge of my stick, whilst his wife launched into her own rendition of that special song we have all come to know and love. You know... the one where someone's brother-in-law's, next door neighbour's, 84-year-old grandma resumed her career as a trapeze artist three days after her surgery.

The diners at the nearby café craned their heads for a better view, smiling contentedly at this excellent entertainment which had been laid on for them. And for free, too.

Eventually, we had touch down. I would venture to say that never had a slipperier catch been landed in the whole working history of that "ferry".

I think you will have to find us another way to get across the water, Nylsor.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom