Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ByGosh and zauberflöte and everyone else.....dropping off some fresh apple cider to go with those blueberry muffins. My son-in-law kindly pressed a bunch of apples for us and we have about 13 gallons of it in the freezer now. Everyone must be resting up in preparation for our cruise...it's been quiet here on the porch!
 
Nylsor we absolutely have to abandon the five * for a jaunt to Paros in the Cyclades. I hear it has changed greatly since I was there in the 70's and is a fancy place now...but I really yearn to see it again. We can sit in the cafe on the waterfront and watch the boys beat the octopus you will eat later on the rocks in the harbor while we enjoy a glass of ouzo, assuming you like the anise flavor...or retsina if you prefer a more turpentine flavor...
We really must journey into the interior of the island to the valley of the butterflies where men will bang sticks on the orchard trees and millions of tiger moth butterflies will take wing with their orange red back wings flashing in the dappled sunlight. It is a sight that really can't be missed! We also will have to stop to see the ancient marble quarries in the island...some of the most famous in all of Greece. They harvested a particularly beautiful translucent white marble. It was much prized by many famous ancient sculptors.
 
ByGosh and everyone on the Goshporch Hold up on the cruise till I get my hips fixed -- I wouldn't miss it for the world! Are we still on for the diaphanous robes? I gotta figure out which pair of my sensible shoes will go nicely with diaphanous. I'll be the picture of loveliness in my diaphanous robes and my Sauconies -- or maybe my New Balances -- maybe the camouflage ones? Could we add the Isle of Capri to our cruise stops? It was just lovely and the water was crystal clear and deep blue when I was there. I was dying to go into some shops but we didn't have time. If I recall correctly, we got out there on a hydrofoil, and it was great fun; at least I think it was -- our group was partaking rather freely of the fine Italian wines that day. I remember that day as one of the "golden days" of my life -- picture perfect in every way -- sun, water, youth, good friends and much laughter -- just a wonderful carefree day. Need more of those in our lives.
 
ByGosh sqwerlie nmscienceteacher Butterfly

mmmm cider, perfect! I love fresh cider with none of those preservatives. What kind of apples are in it?
Paros sounds wonderful-- butterflies all over the place!
and Butterfly, of course we'll wait! The fancy sandals are just for dressing up, diaphanous dinner on the portico sort of thing. We'll have comfy footgear the rest of the time, I think! And ahhhh those golden days-- I had a couple of vacations with kids on the beach with perfect weather that did the same thing for me-- long golden afternoons, kids running up and down the little pier, catching stinging jellyfish and chucking them into the swamp..."oh, let's don't go back up to the house just yet..."
 
zauberflöte, I think they are called Duchess, at least that's what my father in law said. I was hoping to freeze some for pies this winter, but they are on the smaller side, so into the cider press they went!
 
ByGosh you have so much interesting stuff on your thread....this is the place to be. I have tried to catch up and just when I think I do and come back to make a comment other things are added. So the cruise sounds wonderful and Nylsor is the tour guide? I love Islands. I have only been to the Hawaiian Islands so this will be fun to tour others. I don't get sea sick so that's a plus but I still hope the water stays calm for our trip. Just be sure to tag me when this trip begins.
 
you have so much interesting stuff on your thread....this is the place to be.​
Hi sandybeach, I agree with you....I may not have time to respond to everything...but I love reading everyones comments...so everybody...keep them coming....i don't want to be on the outside looking in! Really do enjoy all the "Smarties"!
 
Where are you ByGosh? I'm worried about you.

Doesn't matter if you're not feeling up to the cruise, at present. That's just a bit of flimflam, and as far as I know none of us has paid a deposit as yet, so there's no problem if you want to cancel.

We don't do "emotional stuff" very well in the UK, but I think I speak for a lot of us (and for your compatriots, of course) when I say that we have all grown very fond of you over quite a short time.

How are you?

Glynis
 
Dear ByGosh, I have been too down to be here, but have thought of you so often and hoped things had improved. Thank you for thinking of me too. I hope you know how much everyone cares about you and appreciates all you have done for all of us. When you can let us know how you are, please do.
 
ByGosh. How are you fairing these days? I'm hoping the prednisone has kicked in and you are experiencing relief! Afterall... We need you in tip-top shape for that cruise! :yes: you didn't think I'd let you all go on a cruise without me did you? :no-fin: count me IN! I love cruises! :yahoo:
 
[Bonesmart.org] ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral
Just want you to know I'm thinking of you, ByGosh, and hoping things are improving even if slowly. I have a "poster" for you:

[Bonesmart.org] ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral
Fingers and toes crossed that you'll be "getting there" soonest.


Take care and post when you feel up to it---we miss you. [Bonesmart.org] ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral
 
Hi ByGosh I just want to add my good wishes for you to all the others.I am thinking of you and hoping and praying that you have had some improvement.Please let us know how you are doing when you feel up to posting.You have been so supportive to me over the past 5 months and I am really grateful to you for your encouraging words and support.You can see by all the comments on your thread how much you are missed.
 
ByGosh I hope you're doing okay and soon come back to let us all know that. We are all here to support you. Even if you don't feel the greatest right now, if you see this please write a little note to let us know how you are doing. Take care....thinking of you.:console2:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom