Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. There once was a pickled food lover
2. And after his surgery they were bought by his brother (smrt2run Great! Let's see what we can come up w/next)
 
ByGosh I'm 24 and my pt would be thinking I'm doing too much :heehee: . I'm walking without a cane too and do get some knee pains and such so I'm thinking its the same thing. I can finally lay on my both sides. (with a pillow between my legs because mine was posterior) My hardest part has been the exhaustion.
 
ByGosh
Just wanted to pop on over and say "hi"! I too am having trouble keeping up with everyone's threads. I think you are so brave doing both hips at once and sounds like you are doing great in your recovery. May I join in on the limerick?

3. To satisfy his cravings


feel free to change it if you want to
 
Weezi ByGosh Littlejem Allycat smrt2run clifford149 I'm so late here, and haven't even read page 4 yet!!!!! Loving it all, the PT limerick has a very interesting history, I see.
clifford149 was it you who wanted to find somebody in particular's thread? I found one way to do it, but there HAAS to be an easier way. I go up top to Memberlist, then slog through the pages till I find the right member, and then I think I right clicked, or else just clicked, and one of the options was to see this member's threads. It was so tedious that i only did it the once. Good luck! On to page 4 of this thread. ByGosh you are so funny not knowing you'r;e on your own thread :giggle: :rotfl:
 
1. There once was a pickled food lover
2. And after his surgery they were bought by his brother
3. To satisfy his cravings
4. Bro spent ALL his savings
Last line sounds like ti ought to have his mother in it, somehow....
 
ByGosh I have no idea what the 'clam' is!! Weezi was talking about it somewhere on the forum, I'm assuming it is an exercise, all I know was she was struggling with it, is that right Weezi?
Everything is ok over here, I'm getting quite bored, daytime TV is grim isn't it, I expect it's as bad over there? That's why I'm looking around for things I can manage to do round the house whilst obviously not overdoing things. Missing taking my boy Henry for a walk and he keeps looking at me pleading for me to take him out but even if I could walk him I can't pick up his poo so it's a no go!! Maybe at the weekend I'll try a short walk with my husband and Henry providing the weather doesn't turn to snow again!! Take care and keep in touch, I think you are a marvel and doing so brilliantly xx :)
 
Littlejem bwaaahahahaha very good. And, we all want to know, how did the mother react to two boomerang kids??
ByGosh clifford149 Weezi smrt2run
1.A boomerang hipster from Bickle (we can see where this is going...)(is that a sufficiently UK type name?? LOL)

And Janet et al who were wondering, a "clam" is the exercise where you lie on one side with your legs drawn up about half way, then keeping your ankles together, you raise and lower the top knee. Looks exactly like a clamshell opening and closing. I have started doing them adn glute clenches before I get out of bed-- helps warm up the hip for the ugly business of stooping over repeatedly to feed the cats.
 
You described 'the clam" quite well zauberflöte! And you were spot on Littlejem. Sorry guys, I was interrupted with issues from work and I missed the "pickle lover"! I think it turned out great though. So glad smrt2run and Teacat joined in. It helps to take your mind of things and it's a little addictive. Gee, I just realized this post would sound really strange if you didn't know we were talking about limericks. :rotfl:
 
I repeat:
1.A boomerang hipster from Bickle (we can see where this is going...)(is that a sufficiently UK type name?? LOL)

Next? LOL chris
 
:sick:

I need a health warning before I read those posts. It's the hammer that does it for me...

Reading isn't so bad, try surfing over go youtube.com and searching for total hip replacement.

Not for the faint of heart, those who don't like seeing blood, muscle, bone being sawed, etc..

Jeff
 
LimpFreeMe,
I also watched the surgery on YouTube before my surgery. I don't like blood and stuff, but I am also the type of person who needed to know what was going to happen to me. It actually set my mind at rest a little but I have to confess that I wanted THAT surgeon to do my surgery because he looked so confident!
Ally
 
1.A boomerang hipster from Bickle
2 Got herself in a terrible pickle.
3. When told to go shopping
4. She couldn't stop mopping

Littlejem zauberflöte Teacat smrt2run Weezi Allycat clifford149 Hello All! Haven't been on the forum in a couple of days. Rested alot yesterday. You're doing brilliantly with the limericks!
clifford149 Yes, that's my little dog, Chico. He's very cute, a rescue with a traumatic past. Much better now, we take good care of him.
zauberflöte You really are a wealth of information. Describing the clamshell so well (sounds like part of a limerick) maybe you should consider Physical Therapy once your recovered! Or computer tech - I can see it is hard to find individual threads. If I find someone I want to revisit, I've been bookmarking them so I can go back. Thanks for the info.
Littlejem They have these long handled pooper-scooper contraptions here in the USA that I've seen other people use where you don't have to bend down. It has a long handle. Maybe on Amazon? You may need it, as you probably won't be bending for a while, and then when you get the other hip replaced, no bending again. Your poor little doggie wants to get walked... Can he just go in your yard and relieve himself, then you can walk him a tad? My dogs are driven to someplace, then allowed to run around a bit. Someone other than myself has to do it, but we manage most days to get it accomplished.
Teacat Thank you for dropping by and joining in on our fun! The more the merrier! I can hardly keep up with all of this and reading everyones threads. Hope you're doing well and recovering smoothly. Takes a long time, I think.
LimpFreeMe One of the forum moderators said "what happens in the OR stays in the OR" . I agree, since the thought of watching the surgery on Youtube is unbearable to me, and thinking of any of the OR stuff is also not something I want to do now. Gotta concentrate on recovery! Thank you.

smrt2run Hi buddy. I am so tired, too! I just want to rest all day! I actually felt a little more energetic last week. This week, not so much. I think my hemoglobin is still low, plus our bodies are busy regenerating, healing, making new blood and bone cells, etc. I figure it's going to take a while! My PT is a great guy and he says the two worst things I can do is make a sudden move where I hurt myself, or fall down, or do too much too soon and push myself and create more pain. Slow and steady, that's what we have to keep reminding ourselves. I'm glad you can lay on either side now. That's great! I'm still a bit uncomfortable and tender at the incision lines which are on my sides. Soon, though!
 
Hi...great dog chico....now I am able to go in the garden with my dog I also can do with precautions of course poop disposal :)
 
@Littlejem @Teacat @smrt2run @Weezi @Allycat @clifford149

1.A boomerang hipster from Bickle
2 Got herself in a terrible pickle.
3. When told to go shopping,
4. She couldn't stop mopping--
5. Moaned, "parents are so by gosh fickle!"
she is, after all, a boomerang child....:wink:

I am spending far too much time here for someone who has no replacements yet! I'm afraid that by the time I get my turn, everybody will be back at work :)

Ok, another one.
1. A clam that refus-ed to open
 
clifford149 glad your dog, Sky, is back home. I'll bet she's very happy, too. How are you doing?

zauberflöte Weezi smrt2run @Littlejem @Teacat Allycat
1. A clam that refus-ed to open
2. Couln't do it cuz it was chokin'

zauberflöte don't worry about having no one here in May. There will be plenty of us around. I'm not planning on returning until after May. Maybe even not til the Fall.... we'll see, maybe you'll be stuck with me :rotfl:
 
ByGosh Mine is equally worried about me falling, I guess that's their job. I bring the cane with me to please him, but don't really use it. I once again walked around and am starting to finally feel pretty good. I can't believe how good things could be. I'm sure things will be even better once my hip restrictions are lifted.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom