ByGosh
post-grad
Littlejem Thanks for the encouragment on the TENS machine. It's a bit of a hassle, but I'll just have to set my mind on pursuing it, as I've heard a lot of good things about the benefit, and I do need help with this pain. I'm afraid that although the Prednisone is helping for now, but once I'm through taking it, the pain will come back. I don't mean to be negative, but like Kim22 said, whenever there's a glimmer of hope, it seems to get ruined by the same old thing happening again. I'm glad that the TENS worked for you. If you bought it, you must still have it. Do you ever use it anymore? I believe TennisNut used it for her post op pain, too, is that true, TennisNut ?
Kim22 I think it's terrific that you can do the stationary bike for 5 mins. I don't think that my groins would allow me to do it - I think it would be too painful. I don't even dare kick my legs when I go to the pool, because the movements aggravate the groin inflammation. I just paddle with my arms, and keep my legs pretty still with a buoy to have them float along. But I do manage to go to the pool most days, and it feels wonderful to be exercising! I walk around in the water a little 5 mins. and do a few easy exercises. Nothing too aggressive. The Prednisone has reduced the pain, so I can do a little more now, but it's still there, so I'm leary of doing too much.
I'm glad that your groin feels better. Maybe it just needs time to get better, like they say.
My worst side is my left, which was the worst hip pre-op, and the one that was most sore afterwards, where the incision looked a little more angry. There was a lot more stiffness there post-op, it still has an area of swelling, so I feel he worked harder on it during surgery, or something. That's the groin that's the worst, too and the one that started hurting first.
I just want it to go away.. I'm invited to an end of the school year get together with the other school nurses from my current job, and then another luncheon with the previous nurses that I worked with a few years ago. So two events next week, that I really want to go to! I hope the Pred is still working then, so I can be able to go. It would be so nice to see these girls again. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Kim22 I think it's terrific that you can do the stationary bike for 5 mins. I don't think that my groins would allow me to do it - I think it would be too painful. I don't even dare kick my legs when I go to the pool, because the movements aggravate the groin inflammation. I just paddle with my arms, and keep my legs pretty still with a buoy to have them float along. But I do manage to go to the pool most days, and it feels wonderful to be exercising! I walk around in the water a little 5 mins. and do a few easy exercises. Nothing too aggressive. The Prednisone has reduced the pain, so I can do a little more now, but it's still there, so I'm leary of doing too much.
I'm glad that your groin feels better. Maybe it just needs time to get better, like they say.
My worst side is my left, which was the worst hip pre-op, and the one that was most sore afterwards, where the incision looked a little more angry. There was a lot more stiffness there post-op, it still has an area of swelling, so I feel he worked harder on it during surgery, or something. That's the groin that's the worst, too and the one that started hurting first.
I just want it to go away.. I'm invited to an end of the school year get together with the other school nurses from my current job, and then another luncheon with the previous nurses that I worked with a few years ago. So two events next week, that I really want to go to! I hope the Pred is still working then, so I can be able to go. It would be so nice to see these girls again. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
United States
She always comes through for us...
