Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh the pesky toenails! It's been one of the things that's really bothered me, so far I've had two people cut them for me, I'm hoping next time I can do them myself!
 
ByGosh -- Doing okay. Yep, still half, was slatted to go back to full next week, but OS just prescribed 6 weeks of PT -3 times a week, so I am not sure how I am going to schedule that unless the PT location had late hours. I have initial visit tomorrow.

I am so sorry to hear you the groin pain is back, but it sounds like you have a plan. Like I said...I'll send you a million good wishes and hugs for as long as you need them. If there is anything else I can do to help, just yell.

Oh got to run, people are coming over to see the house. On top of everything -- we have our house on the market. So much wanted to tell he no, but never want to pass on a potential buyer, especially in this market.
 
Hi, ByGosh ... wondering if that horrid groin pain is somewhat better?

As for toenails, I might "just happen to have a pair of nail scissors" in my purse with me when I visit my OS for my six-week checkup. Perhaps I will ask him to take care of my nails.... :)
 
Ehhh:sad: Peaches Thank you for asking, hon. But I'm back to square one here, and not enjoying it at all. I see the OS next week and hope that's going to shed some light on this for me. It's been too long, something's not right. I've been doing all that I can, patiently waiting, but now that it'll be 12 weeks, it's time to really figure it out. I try not to yammer on about it here. It makes me feel better trying to make other people feel better. So until I have concrete info, I tend not to say too much. But I do appreciate your concern.
Anyhoo - you live in a city, too, like LeeApril26? Are you also in NYC? I'm from Southern Conn. myself. Gloomy, muggy weather, but it's supposed to clear up a bit for the long weekend. Which is great for all of those that are looking forward to picnics and outings. :SUNsmile: My hubby went to NYC to spend time with his handicapped brother for the weekend. The brother doesn't get down here much - he's in upper NY state. So they're seeing plays, eating out, etc. It's good that my husband is getting a break from the chores here, but the brother is in a wheelchair, so he has to be caretaker to him. At least he's getting out and he loves New York, anyhow. A change of pace is always good!
 
ByGosh. I am so sorry you are still having problems. I am impatient after four weeks. It must be really hard at 12.

My avatar is a photo I took on a trip to Agrigento, Sicily during Christmas week 2011. It is the area my father's family came from, and several worked on the landowner's property to help excavate the temples. I have always wanted to go, and was finally able to do so with my husband and adult children. It is breathtaking and very hilly. We spent a day climbing all over the hills visiting the temples, and eight days in Sicily. Four months later my hip problems began. So, my avatar is a reminder that I can be well and travel again.

Peaches. Didn't mean to hijack your thread. It sure is miserable in the NE today. Hope you are doing well.
 
A change of pace is always good!

ByGosh -- close your eyes and take my hand....scratch that. Maybe you should read this first, then close your eyes. Since I am getting a little bit of cabin fever and you are still having some problems, it is time that we have our own change of pace -- even it is only a virtual one. Come on you know you want too.

Oh the water is so sparkling blue -- look how the sun is shimmering on the water, almost like a million little diamonds. It is going to be a great day for a little paddling. I get the red kayak, unless you want it, then I'll take the blue. No preference? Okay, red it is. Be careful getting in, don't want to tip before we get started. There are no hip precautions in our virtual world, so the only thing we have to worry about is looking funny. Hey you did that pretty easy, so now paddle, left, right, left, right -- Oh feel the kayak glide over the water, I love having the no wake zone -- maybe you should try a bit more on the right you are drifting. Look -- the water is running down my arms, I guess I didn't adjust the paddle stoppers out far enough. Oh well that's okay, it will help me keep cool, a little water never hurt anyone. Wow...look how far out we have come. Feel the warmth of the sun, maybe we could just sit here and soak up some rays? Okay with you?

Wow -- this afternoon passed to quickly, the sun is starting to set, maybe we should head back to the shore -- oh that tranquil feeling again of the kayak gliding over the water -- left, right, left, right -- there you go drifting again -- must be pulling more with your left... Phew -- we made it back to the shore -- it was a great afternoon and I sure hope the pictures turn out. Thank you so much for paddling with me...it felt great...how about you?
 
Kylesh....It was fantastic! It was just perfect. Just like a positive imagery tape, only better. I loved and felt every minute of it. Great exercise, nice tan, sun so warm, water so pretty....Ahhhh, I feel relaxed now..Thank you, Kylesh, kayak friend! :SUNsmile:
 
LeeApril26 ... hijacking okay by me! Besides, I don't think this is my thread. :)

You will someday be traveling again, don't worry. All that swimming will have served you well. I'm astounded you were doing all that walking in 2011 only because I would not have been able to do it. I think my last year of anything like that was 2006, maybe 2007. I can't believe I wasted so many years not taking care of this hip.
Yes, the rain we've had has really been almost like it's autumn again. Which i ordinarily wouldn't mind since I am not a hot and humid weather gal ... but rainy days right now hamper my practice walking outside since I don't like juggling the cane with the umbrella and the tote bag with that blasted pillow to sit on. The added extras of thunder and lightning aren't too fun either. Hope it clears up soon, but as I write this I hear thunder and rain splashing against the window.

ByGosh, I am so sorry you are back to square one. As LeeApril26 said, 4 weeks (for me I'm starting my 6th) is hard enough; 12 must be so hard. I hope you get answers from your OS. Please feel free to yammer, as you call it. We don't consider it yammering, and I am sure I can speak for everyone. We want to know how you are. i'm convinced that for some of us this "road to recovery" (I think that was the title of the post-op booklet the hospital gave me as they left a footprint on my backside ... they were SO rushing me out the door because I stayed an extra day) is like a maze, really. Or some horrible board game: You roll the dice and it's two steps forward; then you pick a card and it says something like "GROIN PAIN! Go to jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200." That's it! We should come up with a "MONOPOLY: THR Version." It would sell among bonesmart people of course, and we could market it to all the hospitals worldwide to sell in their gift shops." Those cards would write themselves: "Your health ins. carrier has decided a THR is no longer covered!" etc. It is late and I am punchy. But I mean it: Please don't refrain from sharing whatever pain or worries you have about this stuff.

Yes, I am currently in NYC, but with one foot out the door mentally and trying to maneuver a move (am even considering Connecticut) to get the hell out of Dodge. I can't take it anymore. Too many people, too hard to get around. Can't stand it. But it's complicated (not interesting, just complicated) and I don't know how soon I can leave.
I hope your hub and BIL are having a wonderful time. I hope the rain lets up for them, too. Yes, a change of scenery is good for so many reasons....... Please hang in there with that dad-gum groin!

Kylesh, I don't "know you" but always enjoy your friendly and laid back avatar. Sounds like you are doing okay. And thanks to you, I am going to tackle my hairy legs by taping the razor to a ruler. Well, maybe "tackle' is the wrong word....
 
ByGosh, I had a fair amount of trouble with my hips at about the 5 month mark, in March 6 months I was very down just felt exhausted and not quiet right but not pain as we hippies know. My GP prescribed stronger anti inflamatorries I took them for 6 weeks and was amazed at the difference. I started to perk up about mid April and by May not looked back. I hope your OS can help with the groin pain and try pain killers anti inflamatories see if it helps. As far as our bodies are concerned we have been hit by a freight train and had major trauma. It's hard to believe that I'm now fitter than I was two years ago. Keep yammering on and I hope you're groin pain goes like my pesky IT and other ligament pain.
 
ByGosh, I am so sorry about your pain, and I want you to know I am thinking about you! It's nice your hubby could get away (even if it's just for more caregiving) but are you doing ok in these days without him? I know I have been relying on my husband so much. Peaches, I give you BIG POINTS for being on your own and going through this! No wonder you put it off for several years! I had put off doing my first one, but this time I scheduled the surgery much sooner.
Such a cool and rainy day and weekend! We have been invited to a college graduation party at a local restaurant this evening; I'm sure glad the party had not been scheduled as a picnic! We are planning to go, even if we don't stay too long. The graduate is a lovely young woman, a friend, who was a voice student of mine while in high school.
Hand in there, and keep us posted, even if it's just to gripe! We have all had some kind of issues, and the mutual support and sharing has kept me going more times than I could count!:friends:
 
ByGosh, I hope you're faring okay on your own this weekend and have someone around. I so hope some of the excellent tips you've received here help with the groin pain, too..... Poppet, my troubles with toenails is that I can't bend over right now to reach them to cut them. Hoping the restrictions end before I claw myself in my sleep! I think my first home-style pedicure will come second in excitement to my first shower! Songlady, have a wonderful time this weekend at the graduation; it will be uplifting, I'm sure. I agree we all have our challenges, even if they aren't the same ones. It's so helpful to me to have posters validate mine and I strive to validate other posters' challenges and feelings, too. That's what makes a forum like this so helpful. I appreciate all of you who have been so kind and helpful to me. I wish you all a lovely weekend.
 
Peaches You're posts always give me a good laugh - I love your humorous realism with just a little touch of sarcasm. It is so funny. And the idea of the THR Monoply game - where do you come up with these things?:rotfl: that was precious, I loved it. And thank you for your kindness and concern. You're very sweet, as is eveyone here on the forum.
I think you might like it in Conn. But of course, that's a fairly complicated move to manage - new job, new apt., etc. Maybe when you retire? There are alot of nice places here for people 'our age'. Quiet little condo developments for retirees, that aren't as stodgy as that sounds. Anyhoo....yes, we're sharing the same dismal weather today, you LeeApril26 Songlady and I. East Coast. And it's a holiday for everyone,too.

My husband said it was freezing in NYC today. Poor guy - his brother has a very late to bed schedule 2-3am then sleeps all day. My hubby goes to bed early, gets up early. So he's all turned around there, totally tired out, has a cold, and can't wait to come home and get some sleep. Although he saw a very good play last night, a comedy - Sonya, Vonya, Masha and Spike. You NYC ladies must know of it. He said it was great - no singing or dancing, just talking- more his type of play. This afternoon is either Matilda or Pippin, both rated highly.

Songlady - so glad you get to go to a restaurant for a nice Graduation Party. It's such a happy occassion. My youngest graduates high school this year. I don't like the thought of not having her around next year, but it's a right of passage and she's looking forward to college.
We're managing fine here this weekend. I have 3 children who live at home, and they've all taken turns doing whatever I try not to, do so I won't aggravate my pain.

puddle fish I'm so glad you sent me a post. It's encouraging to hear from you. I'll have to pop over to your thread and catch up on what's been going on with you. Thanks for contacting me.:)
 
ByGosh I am so sorry to hear that you are back to square one and are still having the groin pain Mine seems to come and go. I was pretty good yesterday but its a different story this evening.We had a lovely walk in the woods today as I wanted to see the bluebells and it has been a beautiful day I haven't been on this walk since 2010 because of my hip but used to love to go there in the spring Its also lovely in the autumn as well.My husband made sure I didn't go too far but when I got home I was so tired that I had a nap which is something I haven't done now for ages and I am aching now.I so agree with@Peaches when she compares THR to a game of Monopoly. So don't be afraid to yammer on as we all understand and you were so understanding of how I felt last weekend which was so supportive. I am glad you are seeing your OS next week lets hope he has some answers for you.If you do have Tendonitis it takes a while to go so we need to carry on with the massage and Arnica and take short walks as tolerated which is what my PT told me and I think you found an article online which backed this up.Sending healing thoughts to you in Conn is it in New England ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom