Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral
Peaches, you cannot possibly be stupid. I did the same thing by accident with another member----and I KNOW that I'M NOT STUPID:rotfl: !
 
Hi ByGosh, how are you doing?
I have not been here for the past few days because we had a houseguest.... and yesterday, the Memorial Day holiday, was such perfect weather that I had to hobble outdoors and supervise my husband as he weeded and spread mulch. Exhausting! (the supervising, I mean! :rotfl: )
 
Peaches OMG! I would be heartbroken if you ignored me. I'm glad you didn't and it was just a finger fumbling mistake. You're too candid and fun to lose! I like reading what's on your mind.
So the groin pain....It gets a little easier at times. I'm looking toward the future and when it's gone, though, and just managing the best I can for now. What else can I do? :shrug: This forum is a life saver, though. I'd be bonkers with boredom and deep in depression without it. It's great to be able to vent, joke, get support, and communicate with other people who've been through what we've been through. And are still going through.
I had a nurse that I worked with a few years ago call me today to see how I was doing. And when I told her I still had some pain, that my surgeon thinks it's tendonitis she said "Where would you get that from?!" She didn't seem to understand and of course has no idea what this surgery entails. I should've told her to watch it on Youtube and then she'd understand. :heehee:
My poor hubby came home from NYC yesterday looking like he'd been sleeping in the subway! He is exhausted, he has a bad cold, and he pulled his back out. No doubt from sleeping on an inflatable mattress and pushing his brother in a wheelchair around the city to every play there is, through Times Square crowds, and into crowded theatres. (You know how unaccommodating to the handicapped some people can be.)
So today, he had to stay home from work, and has been in bed all day. Next time, I don't think I'm going to be so willing to let him accompany his brother on these little getaways, that's for sure. Poor guy. He's too good for his own good.
It's drizzly here in Conn. Did you do your hallway walks today? How's the back pain? Hope you feel better soon.
 
Hello Songlady I'm doing pretty well. How's yourself? It was a beautiful day yesterday.
My poor hubby came home from his "get away" looking like something the cat dragged in. If you read the above post, you'll get the picture. Poor guy. Now he has to miss work today and tonight is my daughter's Thespian Dinner, where she'll be honored because she's one of the Seniors graduating. I don't dare go, for fear of aggravating my already painful groin tendonitis (or whatever it is) by walking, sitting in a restaurant for 3 hours, getting up to say hello to her teachers, the other parents, etc. - I just can't handle that now. And he's too exhaused and sick to move! I'm so upset over it! My son, who would gladly fill in, is away on a trip to Mexico, and my other daughter is working. So what to do??? It's sort of last minute to try and get someone else..
I really don't want her to go alone. I'm thinking of just taking a pain med and making the best of it and going. But I hate to give myself a setback. Oh dear.... :sad: You know how it is with the kids. We want to be there for them. It's frustrating not being able to!
I hope your back is feeling better now and your day has less conflict in it than mine does. Thanks for coming over to visit my thread! You take care and keep in touch, Songlady.
 
ByGosh, goodness. Can you figure out how to go for part of it, so you get to see her being honored and "be there" for her, but spare yourself the exhausting long evening? (After all, I went to half of my choir rehearsal last week!) The trick would be getting to/from....
These wonderful milestone times for kids.... they're great but also demanding!
 
Songlady Luckily my husband was able to get himself, up said he felt better, and went with her, thank goodness. He has no fever, so I think he'll be ok. He's going to come home early if it drags on and he feels has to leave, and she can catch a ride with one of her friends. Thanks for the suggestion, though! I think it'll all work out fine.
 
Well, that will be a special memory for her, her dad there. Glad he felt OK enough to go!

I missed a bunch of stuff for my older son some years back.... we had bought our house as a fixer-upper, and I have done my share of the work, but at one point a big board ( an 8 foot 4x4) fell and sort of bounced off my head and slid down my nose. Apparently my nose was slightly broken, I was slightly concussed, and I had TWO dramatic black eyes - so I skipped a lot of my son's doings - lol!
 
Oh dear, Songlady ! That's terrible, sounds awful. You're lucky it didn't do more damage to you, but what it did do sure was enough. You poor thing, it takes black eyes a while to resolve, doesn't it? And the concussion? Ouch! I can see why you missed a few events, though! I'm sure your son understood, just like my daughter.
 
Yes, ByGosh, I was lucky! I've been a little more discriminating in what parts of the construction projects I take part in, since then!
When is your daughter's actual graduation? Hopefully your OS will have some answers and some helpful information for you well before then!!
My nephew graduates from high school this Friday, halfway across the country. Obviously we won't be making that trip this soon... <sigh.> They all came here for both our son's graduations. Ho well. Obviously, everyone will understand.
 
Hi ByGosh where have I been, I've missed so much on your thread, sorry :sorry: Your poor husband is an absolute saint, isn't he, it's so lovely that he looks after his brother but he also needs to look after himself, poor guy! This tendinitis is becoming a really pain in the backside, quite literally!! Has anyone given you any idea as to how long this might go on or what you can do to relieve or ease the pain? It's so annoying that the pre surgery pain has been replaced with post surgery pain, poor you , such hopes but you will get there and it will be all the more sweeter when it finally arrives!! So sorry you missed your daughters Thespian Dinner but your right it would have been so uncomfortable for you every step of the way and that wonderful husband was able to get there which I'm sure your daughter was delighted by. Take care and take things easy Janet x
 
Hi Bygosh, I love reading your posts here, there and everywhere. You are very encouraging to everyone. I hope you get some relief from your groin pain soon. Thanks for the tip about the Benedryl for sleeping, I have no trouble falling asleep, but it's the staying asleep and getting back to sleep that's the problem. I wonder if we can get chewables here? I'll try the no protein in the evening Peaches, thanks for that suggestion too. :)
 
Hi ByGosh I have just caught up with your family news What a shame he felt so unwell when he returned from NYC but what a blessing he was recovered from his cold and able to accompany your daughter to her Thespian dinner. If you had tried to go you may well have made your ? Tendinitis worse.Take care
 
Hi Littlejem How are things with you ? I agree with what you said to Bygosh that it is so annoying when the Preop pain is replaced by postop pain as I am in the same boat.We just have to hope that given time this pain will settle down.
 
ByGosh Oh I am very glad that hubby was better enough to go to your daughter's Thespian Dinner, and so sorry that you are still stuck there in no-man's land of pain. Bet he took plenty of pictures for mom! Your family is a very devoted one, attending all those graduations from elsewhere. Wonderful people! :) :)
My hubby went to the store, I was a baaaad girl and told him to get some choklit ice cream for my starving belly. I'll share with everybody!!!! :)
 
Hello Everyone Songlady Littlejem LeeApril26 clifford149 zauberflöte The Thespian dinner went very well. My husband was fine, he took a bunch of pictures (most of them blurry...but I'm not complaining), and my daughter was very happy he was there. The hubby's feeling better as far as the cold, but his back is troubling him, which it does about once a year. He's taking his meds, and going for therapy tomorrow. Hope it gets better soon!

I saw my OS but will have to tell you about it later.
 
ByGosh, glad to hear the dinner went well! And I'm looking forward to hearing about your appointment. I have one tomorrow, and I'm making up my list of questions now!
 
ByGosh waitin with bated breath! I saw the precis over by Songlady, but I'll bet there's more :)
Glad that dinner was good-- and fuzzy pics are better than none-- back in the dark ages we had to wait 1-2 weeks to get them developed, remember that?? LOL
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom