Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Bruising 3 years out

Things are looking up. :) I was discharged from formal PT last week and am now on a month of wellness which means i can go to the PT whenever i want and use the machines and even work with a personal trainer if i want. My ROM is at 141/3 so i still need to work on extension. I do have days where it hurts alot, mostly in cold weather, and i have days i barely hurt at all. I can dance again, and that makes me happy :) i really feel like im on the road to full recovery finally.
Its been a long journey but i see light at the end of the tunnel
 
I'm glad you're doing so well now. You deserve it! :yes!: :happydance: :yay:
 
141, WOW!! Most of us will never achieve that much bend. After what you have been through, you are doing amazingly! Shoot, from 3 to 0 is very little difference. Are you having any problems with your 3 extension? If not, I'd not worry about it. The more you walk, the more that number will come down. My extension was the last thing to come in. I have no idea what it is now, but I have no problem with it. You will find that you, too, will have no problem with the tiny little difference.
 
I'm so happy for you! You have fought your way to have a good functioning knee. Go ahead and dance away!:dancing:
 
wow your posting holds such wonderful news. I also read thru all your postings and know you had a very difficult time. Glad to hear you finally got to the bottom of what the issue was had it resolve and can moved forward. It's just to bad you had to go thru so much. Take care, sounds like your def on the road to a full, good recovery.
 
Such a GREAT report!!!! I'm so very happy for you! For all you've been thru, you so deserve this! Congrats! Getting back to life is such a blessing! I hope one day my bend will improve like yours! It's nice to be able to go into your PT place for this next month & work the areas you feel you need more attention! Enjoy dancing again! :egypdance:
 
I know you feel like a new woman with your new revision! What a time you had with your old one. You are so blessed to finally have a knee that right and working well for you.
 
I've got a new issue and I don't know if it's normal or not but it's bothering me so I thought I would ask about it. In the area where my upper prosthetic is (bottom of femur, way quite a bit above my kneecap) when I lift my leg, I have a real hard popping. In the area where the popping is is a slight bulge. There is still some swelling and quite a bit of stiffness but I also know I'm still early on considering I've had TKR and then a partial revision 4 months later.

If any of y'all have experienced this please let me know. I see my doctor for follow up on the 12th of January.
 
In the area where my upper prosthetic is (bottom of femur, way quite a bit above my kneecap) when I lift my leg, I have a real hard popping. In the area where the popping is is a slight bulge.
Perhaps you could tell me the site of the popping and the bulge using this chart

[Bonesmart.org] Bruising 3 years out

[Bonesmart.org] Bruising 3 years out
 
@Josephine CLF4 is where it is. Sometimes just sitting or laying it starts to throb, just out of the blue. Its getting to where it does it when i first sit down, get in and out of my car and lift my leg in any way
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That's very likely to be an ITB (ilio-tibial band) issue. Have you ever tried a TENS machine? I used it with good effect when I had that problem.

However, I really need to ask you (again, for the third time!) what kind exercises you are doing? How much and how often?

Exercises done at home and how many sessions you do each day
enter exercise by name then number of repetitions of each
etc., etc.

At PT (how many times a week)
enter exercise by name then number of repetitions of each
etc., etc.
 
I was discharged from Physical Therapy almost a month ago and since then i really havent done any exercises. I do lay on the bed on my stomach and let my leg hang because im still 3° off from straight, but my exercises really consist of daily life. I do heel slides once in a while, but other than that, no exercises.
 
I read the article you linked, and its not just hurting, its actually popping and you can feel whatever it is moving in there
 
***UPDATE***
Hey guys, just wanted to give an update on how Ive been doing. The doctor checked my knee and he said I still have some instability but theres nothing that can be done about it at this time. He has sent me to a pain management clinic and Ive been discharged from the ortho office unless I have an injury etc. The pain management doctor is very nice and understanding. She put me on a Butrans patch, which works very well and lasts for 7 days so I don't have to take nearly as much narcotic pain pills as I used to which is great. She is wanting to do a procedure called neurostimulation. I'm very excited about that because if it works, I should have zero pain in my knee, or at the very least, very very little pain.
I am slowly day by day getting my life back, so I'm pretty pleased with my results. I know that Ive got a bit of recovery still ahead of me but I'm more optimistic now than Ive ever been :)
 
Thank you for the update. It sounds as if you've received the help you needed. :SUNsmile::yay:
 
Glad to hear you are doing well and on your way to getting your life back.
 
You have had quite a journey, but you are finally on the down side of that hill! I hope everything works out for you.
 
:(
Well i thought i was doing good but unfortunately im not. I have alot of instability in my knee, it gives out and im in near constant terrible pain every day. My pain managementdoctor believes the implant has come loose. My knee doctor has already confirmed that it is loose but didnt seem like he wanted to do anything about it at my last visit. I get sharp shooting pains in my knee that radiate down into my foot and its gotten worse since i seen him last. I now have to wear my full leg knee stabilizer or i cannot walk without severe pain or giving out.
I am tired, frusterated and depressed.
There is a big place at the bottom of my knee that hurts so badly i cannot touch it.
I scheduled an appointment with the doctor for march to see if he will at least be willing to do a CT scan.
I see no lightat the end of this tunnel at all
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom