Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Bruising 3 years out

You've been through so much, but that's behind you now. I hope you continue to improve to the point where you can walk normally and without pain. You deserve that.
Tabby xxx
 
You have such compassion to feel for him after all he's put you through. The mark of a true Christian Spirit!
I hope your future is bright and your leg just gets better and better.
 
You have fought such a long battle with that OS! I hope that your future is bright and your knee fully heals.
 
OMG Ive got AWESOME news!!!!!!! My PT measured me today and..... drumroll...... IM AT 0 EXTENSION!!!!!!! :egypdance::happydance::dancy:
I cannot believe it!! After 6 months of absoute hell I am now sitting at 132/0

I feel like celebrating!!!! LOL My doctor is going to be so thrilled tomorrow at my follow up :)

Now if I can just get rid of the horrible muscle cramps that wake me up EVERY night between 3 and 4am :(
 
@Josephine You are such a sweet lady. You have been both my major inspiration and my scolder when I've needed it. You are truly a kind spirit.

@Celle @Tabbycat @newlybionic and everyone else who has commented offering me advice support and just letting me vent, y'all have no idea the impact you have had on my journey through this hell. You gave me hope when I had none, the courage to continue, the guts to stand up and say NO you're not doing that to me.

I want to say THANK YOU to each and every one of you people on my entire post. I feel as though I've made a ton of kindred spirits and I love you all. Even after all this is done and over with, I'll probably still be hanging around. Probably become one of those that gives newly operated ones advice based on my own experiences. I do love helping people and it would be a way to repay the favor.
You guys Rock!!!! :loveshwr::roseshwr:
 
@Xanaphia I don't believe experience is ever a waste, even though it's been a nightmare for you, but your willingness to use it to help others is commendable and I know will be valued on this forum. I'm just so happy for you that you are going to be ok now.
Tabby xxx
 
We'd love to have you hanging around! Members who do that are the substance of this forum and what makes it sing!
 
Xanaphia, you are amazing! With everything you've been through, you have that 132/0! Your second recovery has been remarkable. Having a good surgeon is a must! Keep up the good work! You will be able to help tons of people coming up behind you!
 
Thank you, @Xanaphia . :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile:
I had so much help when I first joined BoneSmart. That's why I stayed here to help others.
 
:yes!:that is wonderful to hear! Hang around here with us. You would really serve as an inspiration to others dealing with problems after their TKR.
 
Such wonderful news! So very happy for you! You must be so excited to get your life back. Congrats!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
What an inspiring post! Thank you :)


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Hey all just wanted to check in and give yall an update. I am healing very nicely this time around. I do still have alot of pain but nowhere near as bad as it used to be, i actually did physio with very little pain relief yesterday (im almost done with PT). My rom is around 132 bend, still not sure about flexion i still cannot get my leg totally straight some days, but im sure that will eventually come. I did have one setback where i fell flat on my knee on the concrete and had to have an xray done to make sure there was no damage because i hit pretty hard. The doctor said I was very badly bruised but no actual damage thank God.
I have almost totally lost my appetite and that is really worrying me as i know my body needs protein to heal but i cant make myself eat. I am now going thru a divorce and have had to kick my husband out of the house since it was found out that during the times of my surgeries and not being able to care for myself properly let alone anyone else, he had been being abusive towards my youngest son. So on top of trying to heal (with no pain meds as some nice woman thought she had the right to steal my purse) im having to face all this court and cps stuff i guess my anxiety level has been so high i cannot eat at all. I even think about food and i get sick to my stomach.
Its been a rough couple months.
I will be glad when the pain from my fall finally subsides because I know pain plays a role in appetite.
I am walking almost normal with very little limp now, the PT has been working on my gait and balance which is very good since i was down for so long.
Hoping to get back to normal pretty soon
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry you're having to go through all this, @Xanaphia . You did the right thing to get your husband out, though. Family violence is never OK and I'm glad you aren't putting up with it.

Just eat what you can and don't worry too much about the nature of your diet - until things settle down again.

Come her any time you need to, to vent. we'll understand.
 
I'm sorry to hear that your husband was abusive to your youngest. Take care of yourself and your children. Try to eat at least something every day so you can stay strong through all that needs to be done.
 
When I had my infection and my incision wound wasn't healing and I had the wound vac on the nurse changing my dressing told me how important protein was for healing. I was eating ok, but she thought I should boost my protein. I purchased at the groc store some Enlive, which is made by the makers of Ensure and it had the most protein of any of the protein drinks I looked at. It actually tasted pretty good also, reminded me of slimfast. It's maybe a 8-12 oz bottle and easy to consume, I poured it over ice. If with all that is going on, if eating is hard maybe give that a try. I hope your life continues to improve and move forward.
 
I agree with zzevi.....a protein supplement like this will go down more easily than food and should help you get the nutrition you need. You are a strong woman to be able to juggle all this. My heart goes out to you as I know these things are tremendously difficult. Take one step and one day at a time and things will get better. Stay strong!:console2:
 
I'm sorry your road has become even bumpier, but I hope everything works itself out soon. :)
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom