TKR Brownie's Good, Bad, & Uglies

Status
Not open for further replies.
marianne, of course we don't need to hear from you---we understand!!! I used to get sweaty when I took the oxycodone. Try taking a slightly lower dose---I saw the sweatiness as a message from my body that I needed a little less. But, let your pain be the guide, you have been through enough!!

It is hard to be a nurse and then to have an incompetent nurse for your care!! The rest of us would not see some of the stuff that you see---but, frankly you need the best care possible, so just keep calling and bugging them.

My doctor's nurse was snippy to me ONCE---I called her into the room when the doc was there and said, let's talk about your attitude to someone who is ill!! I don't think my doctor knew how she was treating patients!! It looks like it will be along road, but you are on the path to recovery. Have you ever told Dr Neff about the infection and fracture?
 
So sorry that this is happening to you and I am totally :hairpulling::hissy::tantrum::headbang: about how the so-called "home care" company is treating you

When it comes to the sweating I think that it is a side effect of narcotic medication - not to mention the pain
 
Hello friends! I am sorry to have been absent for so long. I get absolutely NO messages from Bonesmart. Sadly, I have been involved in several huge projects so without the reminders from BS on email, I forget. Not about each of you, but to log on. Just spent about 2 hours following the last million pages to see how everyone is doing!

I have been catching up with all of you - what amazing surmounters you/we all are! I am approaching my 1 year on my right knee, and am at 10 months on the left. I am doing awesome, and only wish everyone could be there!! I cannot yet get down on my knees, but my ROM on both knees is probably better than the "original equipment!"

I have tried to stay in touch with Marianne - Brownie. Saw her in the hospital when she was getting rid (we hope) of the infection in her tibia Do wish her well.
 
Hi Brownie,

Just checking in to say hello. (Again) busy start to the school year, and I have not been on this forum much lately. I was hoping to see you report some good news and solid progress, and I'll keep checking. My best to you.
 
Marianne,

Wow, just reading your post!!! So sorry to hear about your mishap......... I haven't been on the Forum lately; only when I get alerts.

Sending prayers your way that you will soon be feeling better.

Take care.

HUGS!!!!!!
 
Hi Brownie51 Just popping in to say hi. I can see why you feel like a bowl of jelly. The issues with your knee are enough to deal with let alone the mess up with the home care!
take care and get better. You will want a strong knee to kick some ......
Wanda
 
Hello Brownie,
I hope you continue to get stronger everyday :) We are all pulling for you....I hope you got home health
Care straightened out....
Thinking of you :console2:
Diana
 
Marianne,

How are you doing? Please update us as we really do care about you! I think about you often and keep you in my prayers. :console2:
 
Hi Brownie--just thinking about ya. :)
 
Hi Brownie,
Just wanted to stop by and say Hi, I hope you are healing, and have the care you deserve.:flwrysmile:
 
How are you doing Brownie? Did your care improve and your leg heal?

Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you :friends:
 
Hi Everyone
I thought I wrote! I have a tendency to start writing and then fall asleep!!!
Things are fine. I get a new cast next Monday. I am a little concerned because I still have pain in the surgical/osteomyelitis area. My PICC was removed over a week ago. Infectious disease docs are wonderful and knew just what to tell me. She said there is no reason to believe my infection is not cleared up. That means so much to me/my anxiety.
But I am disappointed that I still want and need my pain med. Its so hard to get comfortable. And the burning continues if I am not medicated but I do take a lot less of my Norco.
My daughter is 36 weeks pg as of this coming Thursday. She is slim and her belly is huge! She looks so cute.The baby's head is down. This wonderful event is what is keeping me going! I have to get my legs back by Thanksgiving! That is only 4 weeks away. My Dad and I talked and we decided we are going to order one of those Turkey complete dinners so there is no cooking. Neither one of us is ready to fix a meal and neither is my daughter! So we were looking at the Costco dinner! Has anyone ever ordered one of these? They give you everything. 14 pound turkey and all the usual stuff that goes with dinner. We never thought we'd do that but we are!
I can't wait to get the cast off. But then a walking cast or boot goes right back on. My leg sure looks hairy down in the bast. And scaly skin falls out of my cast. Gross! I even managed to pull a few steri strips out of it!
Thank you all for your thoughts! I actually responded to another thread last week. But just one. I need to give back! I sleep waaayyyy too much everyday. I would love to just sleep this whole week and wake up in time for my dr. appt. next Monday. Doing some reading finally now that I'm taking less pain med.
Take good care everyone!!!
xoxoxox
Marianne
 
So good to hear from you Marianne. Glad things are begining to look up for you at last. Good Luck to your daughter too for a safe and happy delivery. Will keep looking at your thread for any news. Take care of you........ Sending you hugs x :friends:
 
Brownie,
Good to hear from you, sounds like you are healing from everything.
I have been through that scaly, hairy legs when I broke my leg many years ago. The good news is it can be shaved, the scales will come off and your skin underneath is nice and soft.
We have had prepared turkey meal, not from Costco, it was good, add a little of your own spicing to taste and it will be just right.
Wishing you continued healing:SUNsmile:!
 
I can't wait to get the cast off. My leg sure looks hairy down in the bast. And scaly skin falls out of my cast. Gross!
There is nothing quite as uniquely pongy as a weeks old cast when it comes off! I spent a few months running a plaster room and whereas I was exposed to that maybe once or twice a week in theatre, in the PR it was several times every day! :eeeuw:
I need to give back! I sleep waaayyyy too much everyday.
Well obviously you needed the sleep! It's an essential adjunct to healing, you know that. But no matter, it's just fantastic to see you back again. I can't tell you how relieved I am.
 
Dear Brownie,
Happy to hear you are done with your anti- biotic I.V. :) I remember you saying it burned your arm.
Have you been able to get out & about for awhile ? Your dad sounds wonderful & a new baby to look forward too.
Things are looking up for you & I am so happy :) You deserve some happiness.
It's been a long journey for you....but, you're strong & you can do it.
Thinking of you :friends:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Brownie-
I just joined the forum recently, and am catching up on some of the folks stories.
All I can say is, bless your heart, sweetie. I am so sorry you have had to go through so much
hell from so much incompetence. Reading your story made me want to get on a plane and
go to LA to kick some medical butt on your behalf. I hope you will get better rapidly for the arrival of your
grandchild.
Re: take out Thanksgiving. My sister does it all the time. It's fine- it's not really about the
cooking anyway, it's about the company. Get together with your wonderful Dad and eat
TOT (take out turkey). It will be wonderful, I promise.
(hugs))
 
How good to hear this report!!! You have made progress. I know it's not fast enough for you, but.....that's how we all feel, you know. You've joined the world of "normal"!!! Just know you have plenty of people here rootin' for you. And, it does sound like your medical team is on the ball. Hooray!!!!

We did the grocery store prepared meals for holidays when I was taking care of my parents. It made things soooooo much easier and it was really good too. I think you'll be happy with it.

Post when you can....it's just great to know you're okay.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom