Guest viewing is limited

TKR Brownie's Good, Bad, & Uglies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brownie, how about trying the new app we are advising our members to use, My Knee Guide? It is free and you can easily get a list of home health agencies in your area. Give it a try and let me know if you need any help finding someone new. There HAVE to be more than these few agencies out there!!!
 
Hi Marianne,
I am speechless!
It is beyond belief.
Hugs Toothfairy x :gaah: :hissy: :tantrum:
 
Brownie51 I find it quite shocking (and I am not easily shocked) that your dr's office puts the "paperwwork being finished" before your health. What is WRONG with those people?? You should not have to be the one to figure all this out. The doc should be figuring out how to help you get well, not leave you in the hands of incompetents. Is there someone you can complain to about this? I don't know what I'd do in the circumstances, but I'd sure be screaming bloody murder. You are getting the worst kind of shoddy treatment. Would your insurance carrier be of any help to you in this situation? I certainly hope you find some competent help!

Peace and Love to you.
 
MARIANNE Jo beat me to it---I was also going to tell you that your dad is Scottish!!! Scotch is a wonderful, smooth whiskey!!

I would call your primary right now and let her know what is happening---or better yet, call that rhemy of yours, she seems to set things in motion.
 
Then he's either Scottish or Scots. "Scotch" is a type of whisky! :giggle:

[Bonesmart.org] Brownie's Good, Bad, & Uglies
Or a type of tape, or the game of hop scotch.
 
Brownie,
:friends:, I hope you have found a home health that does what they are supposed to.
As you can tell we all love your Dad, shamelessly flirting with him right here on Bonesmart.:angel:
 
Oh Marianne, poor you. You have been through TOO much. I guess we all of us here on BS wish we all lived closer to you, so we could help you out and also give you a huge big group hug. I wish that things start to improve for you from now on - you so deserve it. I think if I were you, I would have gone insane by now. You have your new grandchild due soon to focus on, plus your Dad's birthday, hopefully these happy events will help you through. Bless you xxxxx
 
Oh Brownie
I am totally speechless at your recent problems - the broken leg - the PTs that forced you to exercise on it - not to mention the whole home (non-) healthcare support .... there are no words :yikes::shocked:

Hope that you are keeping off that leg and not bearing weight on it apart from essential things

Are you keeping a record of everything and everyone you are speaking to?

Take good care of yourself and allow everything to heal :friends:
 
Dear Brownie,
Hope you are feeling better :console2: & recovering nicely :yes:
Thinking of you always,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Thinking about you Marianne,
I hope things are getting better,
Take care,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :flwrysmile:
 
I am in Germany for two weeks, I was thinking of your situation yesterday and posted today. How are you?
 
Ooops I'm sorry. It's not like I don't have time. I just have gotten so mushy in the head!
A week ago my nurse drew the vanco level so late that my level was only 10.7 whereas therapeutic level is 15-20 and I am usually 15.something. So my doctor told me she's had trouble with this company before but she didn't intervene. So I called the next day and graceless Grace did call them and so now the lab is being drawn 30 min before dose is due which is what the order has always been. My nurse told me it didn't matter when it was drawn as long as it was before you started the next dose. (go figure). Anyway, yesterday the aide didn't show up and last night the home care person we are hiring called and can't start today like planned but will start on Friday.

The labs are drawn by the home health nurse but my PICC line is too sluggish to handle it and so I want just a vein draw but we don't have the equipment for it so after the above phone call from Grace, they sent out lab draw equipment to avoid the puddle of blood on my table and hardwood floor. So I had to have an extra lab draw to make sure my trough level was not really 10 so now we don't have the equipment. If I was my nurse I would have checked through the equipment and made sure I have the equipment for the lab draw coming up. But her way is to freak out and then run out to her trunk and scrooge up a needle or purple top or saline syringe!

I guess I feel so negative. I feel like I want to tell you all the mishaps and the good stuff. But I look so negative in listing all the junk that I think is not right!

So my fracture is still about 4 degrees off but it is healing. And the area where the bone was removed is also healing. Dr. showed me the regrowth. I love my new doc. He tells me something different each time based on what he sees but it throws me off. He told me I will be casted for 3 months now. But in a month, OCT 28 he will put me in a walking cast or a boot. Honestly the way things are going I am probably better off in the cast! I think he will clear me to drive at that point assuming I don't use my narcotic pain med when driving.

As far as the infection, I am just hoping it's okay. I still feel pain in the area and above but it's very difficult to know where the pain is when you have a cast. I see my infectious disease dr next Tuesday. I still feel hot and get some low grade temps but just low 99s. I also get sweaty in the afternoon. With all that has gone on I would imagine this is possible due to the surgery, the fracture and the infection.

I worry I have become so negative and critical and boring! My friends have still hung in there with me.

And you guys too even though I am lousy at communicating lately! I hope everyone is doing well. I will try to be more active on Bonesmart...I just like a big blob of jello these days! I swear there is lead in my cast!

xoxox and love to you all!
 
Marianne, please don't EVER worry about your BoneSmart family. We know this is tough for you and we're not going anywhere!!!! You must have someone to vent to when needed and that's what we're here for. I'm just thankful that there are some positive things to count as well as the negative ones. Your body is finally able to move forward with healing and that is so great.

Patience is going to be the toughtest part. It's going to take time for all this to resolve. But try and focus on the things that are improving. Slowly, ever slowly, there will be more of those and less of those pesky negatives. Lean on your friends here when you need to!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom