TKR Brownie's Good, Bad, & Uglies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marianne Many Congratulations on your new baby grand child. They always do seem to make the world a brighter place. So sorry youre still having so much pain tho. That is not so good. I hope you get all your wrapping done and enjoy Christmas Day. There's no need to say I hope 2014 will be a better year for you because nothing could be worse than this year. It was unlucky 13 for you. I wish you a very Happy Christmas and a very healthy New Year. With lots of Santa Hugs :huggy santa::huggy santa::huggy santa::mer xm:
 
Brownie, so wonderful to hear from you!!! Don't worry about overdoing things....you know we all do that. You have the right idea about just backing off and taking things easy for a while. You'll get back to where you were before and then you can start again....more slowly, of course!!
 
Happy Christmas Marianne,
Good to hear you are making progress. Enjoy your grand baby. What a joy.
Wishing you a very happy and healthy and healed 2014,
Hugs, Toothfairy x
:xmas-kitty::xmas-tree::xmas-merry:
 
Just wanted to say I'm thinking about you and hope you're hanging in there ok.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Brownie's Good, Bad, & Uglies
Hope you and yours have had a wonderful Christmas holiday with lots of family fellowship and sharing of gifts and lots of good food to eat.


I’ll be looking for you at the BoneSmart annual New Year’s Party. It’s been a very eventful year for most of us---and will be a very eventful year coming up for others of us looking forward to surgery in the new year.


Remember to bring food and drink to share---and pictures are always appreciated and loads of fun to share.


SEE YOU AT THE PARTY!!!!!
[Bonesmart.org] Brownie's Good, Bad, & Uglies
bottomshollow
 
Congratulation on the birth of your grandbaby, Marianne. Girl or boy? Name? We would all love to see a pic, when you can.

I do hope things are progressing well for you. You have been through just toooooooo much. xxxx
 
Hi Everyone
Thanks for all the happy new years and baby congrats! Can't believe he will be 3 months old on the 25th. He's so much fun. I just can't get enough of him.

I will be going back to work on Thursday, Feb20th. Still hurts so much to walk. THe tibia and the ankle. Knee hurts some too but it's the lower leg that's getting me. I will still do PT twice a week after work. We will focus more on the knee next week. All my PT has been focused on my ankle area. The broken bone just is what it is. Slow going since part of the bone is actually missing from the osteo surgery.

I know all of you had been through this....so depressing thinking about possibly never walking without pain. The tibia has enough bone now that dr said I can do a little impact type stuff in another month but it hurts so much just to walk and it's disheartening since I just wonder if I will ever be "normal" again and look forward to a nice walk where I'm not distracted by the pain.

Being off work so long has really messed up my employment. I have lost service months and will have to work longer to make it up. Of course financially it has made an impact. I can buy back the service time but it's too expensive. I had no idea this was coming but I got a letter that I would no longer be employed and was going to be put on the re-employment list in the even I could return to work assuming a position was still vacant. I had already made plans to return to work on Feb 20 but if I hadn't I would no longer have my job as of the 27th! It was quite a shock. Then yesterday the benefits person called to see what was going on because he had to cancel my insurance as of the end of the month if I was not going back to work by the 27th He won't cancel my insurance of course because I told him I'd already made arrangements to go back to work on Thursday but just the thought of how hung out to dry I would be if I was unable to work was scary.

So regardless if I am uncomfortable, I will be working full time, no short day and no shortened week! It all makes me so mad because it's all about my tibia/ankle and remember I went in for a KNEE operation! Not to have my tibia infected/removed and cracked in two. Sorry about venting but it just really makes me mad. I knew something was wrong 2 months before I got any medical attention to the brewing problem. My ortho completely blew me off even denying me proper pain med let alone ignoring that I couldn't walk and had osteomyelitis from day one of my knee replacement.

If it was not for my little grandson I think I might be pretty depressed. But you can't have bad feelings when you are filled with the joy a grandchild brings. And he is such a sweet one. He cries only when he's hungry and even then he is so sweet and polite about it. Sometimes he does a funny little fake one syllable cry like he's just checking to see if he can get a rise out of us. My daughter takes him to Mommy and Me and they had a valentine party yesterday. I need to use my phone and post a pic of these babies. They are all about the same size sitting on a couch and it's adorable. They are in various states, only one is bawling. My little guy is leaning away from them all like he's Hugh Hefner...kind of aloof and just observing. ha! I buy silly things for him and he loves it. Just got him a pair of sunglasses.

Also can you believe they make something called a TEEPEE PEE PEE. It's a little teepee made of fabric (I chose the golf motif) that you put on the little boy baby's little hose so they don't squirt you in the face when you change the diaper. Anyway it's all so much fun that when he's here the pain of walking is just not important, all that matters is little Owen. Oh I got him the new sippy cup that was on the shark tank. He's going to be baby cool wearing his new wool cap, shades and a hot new sippy cup. haha.

I hope everyone is enjoying watching the Olympics. I think I will see if someone has started a thread on that. Kind of fun that we are international!

Take good care everyone and as always thank you for listening! it's so nice not to be judged here and not to feel like I need to filter what I say. You have all been through the same feelings,disappointments at one time or another and understand.

XOXO Marianne
 
Marianne,
I'm glad that at least everything worked out ok and you have not lost your job or insurance! I hope that you have a freezer at your workplace so that you can take some ice packs with you to use during your breaks. You hang in there, girl. You are one tough woman to have gone through all of this! You are right about your new grandson making all of your troubles just melt away. I can't wait until I have another one to cuddle someday. At the rate my son is going, it may be a long wait! Let us know how work goes. I will be thinking about you.

Vickie
 
Marianne, I know you have piles of things on your plate right now. But have you considered discussing your case with a personal injury lawyer? You might be able to receive some compensation for all the "extra" pain and suffering you were put through that would make your life a little easier. It might at least be worth a phone call.
 
Marianne! So nice to hear from you and get an up date. I am sure Owen is going to be the coolest baby around with a super Gramma like you! What a fun distraction! :angel:
I have to agree with the others about the lawyer.... This whole surgery was botched from the beginning and each problem was made worse by the indifference of the people who are supposed to know better and did not take the next step.... At the very least there should be compensation for the lost service time and status at your job as well as the painful ordeal you have suffered. :yikes:
You were talking about going back to work right after New Years...... I am glad you took a bit more time to heal especially when you are not going to be able to ease your way back in. Best wishes for your return to work and some semblance of a normal life again. I will be checking in to see how you are doing next weekend... to see how Thursday and Friday go. :friends:Give Owen a hug from me. :wink:
 
Hey Marianne, now that you are back at work, time to talk to Kevin again? Some of the damages should be set. I am sorry I didn't get your email in time last time to connect with you when you were in Santa Monica. I am game to try again! Wonderful news about Owen - hope your daughter is doing wonderfully as a new mom!
 
Marianne, by now you are back to work and I hope all is going well. I agree about the lawyer---I would sue just for the months that you lost and are too expensive to buy back if for nothing else. The two months you spent trying to get your OS to look at your leg set you back--and the infection would not have been as bad if dealth with right away.

I also have a new grandson---Wyatt--born Jan 3. I also adore him!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom