TKR Brownie's Good, Bad, & Uglies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, Brownie I want to cry for you at this setback. But you can get through this. And it sounds like you're coping pretty well. :boohoo: or :gaah: all you want with us. We're here for you. (((Brownie)))
 
Marianne.....I just adore your father!!! And, when your Daddy tells you that you're a strong woman, you can take that comment to the bank!!! So hold his visit in your heart and go forward, my friend. You ARE strong. You ARE wise. And NOBODY knows YOU better than YOU.

I know you've heard this before, but take things very, very easy for now. Stay on top of that pain and let your body do its healing work. It needs nothing from you but some good nutrition, rest and a lot of cooperation. (See? Exercise and therapy are not even on that list!!)
 
Marianne,

What can I say friend?! I am so proud of you for sticking up for yourself w the doctor! You are not like most knee replacement patients; so if anyone asks about the pain meds just put a silly grin on your face shake your head yes, and keep repeating the following words of wisdom! "I understand." No more no less, just that! I drove my 7th grade students crazy w it, and it works on adults. Another version for the stubborn adult is "You might be right..." Again smiling LOL. They will get the hint. :wink:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Brownie's Good, Bad, & Uglies
 
I also love your dad!! My dad was Scottish and he was not one to give a complement. So, when he did break down, it was so meaningful.

Well, It seems like you might have hit rock bottom here---I know you have thought all along that the leg was fractured. Frankly, I think a bunch of us could put a bar of soap in a sock and then whack Dr. Reff a few times---we could pretend that it does not hurt!!!

I am impressed though that you have kept on moving---office chair, wheel chair, crutches---you have done what you needed to do. We women just keep on keeping on! In a situation like yours, there is no easy way out. It is like having a baby---about half way through you think--NO, I don't want to do this! but, it is too late. Luckily the pain recedes into the pleasure from the baby and you eventually forget it----Now that your leg is in a cast, it might feel better and you might be able to get around better. Sheesh your pt should consider a retrainng course---it is interesting that other people want you to be out of pain---almost more than you do!!!

I am truly sorry Brownie that you have had to go through all of this. I hope the tunnel gets a little lighter soon.

do you remember Holly Near in Broadcast News? If not, get it from Netflicks, it gives a new perspective on crying!! I remember Marlo Thomas on Free to be you and me----she sang, "it's okay to cry---crying lets the sad out of you." My kids loved that!
 
It's my party and I'll cry if I want to! Remember that song?? Thank you all for your support. Usually I am in a world of pain in the evenings but today it improved. I am sure not needing as much pain med as I was last week but about the same before the incident. So I think the cast is really helping a lot. It feels good to be getting some
Anyone have any experience in getting a temporary ramp from insurance? Maybe I will rent one if my insurance does not cover it.
Thank you all for your support! Oh skigirl my Dad's mother's maiden name is McArthur so he's part Scotch. It explains alot I guess!
I hope you all have a good sleep tonight! :thankyou::zzz:
 
Good Grief Marianne..... :doh: if it weren't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all!!!! :doh:

I think you need at least a dozen fuchia baskets and a strong good looking guy to water them and run all your errands for you (and cook and clean) :giggle: You rock! :yay:
Tell the pinhead physio to take a hike.... he obviously is not listening to you. Who knows how much more damage may have been done.
Jamie is right! It needs nothing from you but some good nutrition, rest and a lot of cooperation. (See? Exercise and therapy are not even on that list!!) And worry about the pain pills later.
It is nice you can focus on that baby coming.... something to look forward to!
Get well soon, sweetie :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Everyone
WEll the nurse texted that she couldn't come and the aide was a no show. The vanco trough labs were run 24 hours after they were drawn at my house Tuesday am. The nurse took the blood to the lab herself instead of calling for a courier. I still hadn't heard when they were going to make the vanco delivery by 2 pm today so called the IV pharm and they hadn't yet received the lab results from my home health agency. I talked to the case carrier again and she said she faxed them at 1037 this am but somewhere there was a disconnect. So I should have received the vancomycin last night and didn't receive it today. They had to send me a couple extra doses so I have the same dose I've been on to last until tomorrow night.
Needless to say I am weary and tired of making phone calls every day trying to arrange my care. I called LB Memorial's discharge coordinator and they told me what to do. There is a home health agency they use so I have also talked to them and will do my intake in the morning. I left a message for my doctor to call me so I can let her know what I"m doing. There was even more mismanaged stuff today with them but I think you get the point! For them to mess up the Vancomycin put me over the edge. Enough!
Even if the new place isn't any better at least I have tried. They will no doubt have more nurses and nurse's aides that are available for my area than the one I have now that is based in Los Angeles. I am going to let UCLA know how bad Intracare has been again so maybe they can help Long Beach patients get better home care.
I can still feel the bone shifts in the cast but there are less of the shifts than I had the first 2 days. MY friends son is willing to take me to my appointment on Monday for more xrays even though we'll have to leave my place around 615 so I am all set with that.
I haven't had a home health aide for 2 weeks so I am getting a housekeeper to come on friday. She's not thorough but at least I will get my sheets changed and bathrooms cleaned.
So that's my story. I would sure like to be able to relax and stop worrying and managing my own care but so far that's not to be. I hope you all have a good sleep tonight.
Love you all,
Marianne
 
Brownie,

Having done the infusion services for the past 3 years, I can definitely empathize with you. I used Corum, they are nationwide, and were and still are AMAZING. My pharmacist through them advocated like crazy for me and made sure things went smoothly. Even when I traveled, they ensured that I didn't have anything to worry about. As you can tell, I adore them and tell them that all the time. Anyways, I hope that things get a bit easier for you.

Hugs,

Min
 
Wow Minster I just switched over to a local company recommended by LB Memorial. Now I wish I researched this more. Intracare is officially fired. But then the dr's office called me to tell me she's not happy with Haven Health the new one, "they weren't responsive" etc. I said stop, let me talk to my primary and get a better one. well she had already done all the paperwork so she said she'd call them one more time. So in the meantime I yelp Haven and there are 2 awful reviews about bad care provided. Oh my gosh. Then dr's office calls back and says it's done, she already did all the paperwork so I have no choice. I have news for her, if this place is lousy I am calling her and she will have to do it all again because I am not going to put up with it. I should have gotten a recommendation from my own primary doc about who she's worked with. I shouldn't have accepted blindly the recommendation from LB Memorial.
OH MY GOSH. What is wrong with me? I am not thinking on my feet. Oh well yeah, I am NOT thinking on my feet. haha because I can't stand up! ha!
 
Ha yeah! Well I called the new place and they said so and so will call me back. That was 1 1/2 hours ago. Hmmm...
 
Lord almighty. The new place does not provide home health aides for anything except a bath. They even told me to stick with my old place. Well, the dr's office called me and she was ticked off. She forgot that she is talking to a patient who's been through hell. She probably doesn't know that I need help but she was not open to listening to it. She basically ended the call by hanging up, no goodbyes from her. And her name is Grace...go figure. So now I'm stuck with my same old place who does not have anyone to come out anyway. ha! Good job Marianne!
I will probably only get services at home while I still have the vancomycin according to the person from the new place. Is this true? I will still need help at home even though my vanco is finished. I had no idea about any of this. I feel so vulnerable and like I want to be understood by people I come into contact with. I wish that people in the medical field would remember that the patient is the patient for a reason. They aren't at their best and may be on narcotics and worn down from infection, scoooped out and fractured bones. Geesh! Pass the Valium?!?!?
 
I can still feel the bone shifts in the cast but there are less of the shifts than I had the first 2 days.
ummmmm ...... if the cast is properly applied, there shouldn't be any shifting. I do hope you are staying off that leg until you can get that checked out. Geeze - one more thing not 'quite' right! :doh:
so he's part Scotch
Then he's either Scottish or Scots. "Scotch" is a type of whisky! :giggle:

[Bonesmart.org] Brownie's Good, Bad, & Uglies
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom