TKR Brownie's Good, Bad, & Uglies

Status
Not open for further replies.
:console2:, hope they took care of you today, and your labs were picked up. Happy :) you have Sonja to guide you through all of this. :angel:
 
Just popped in to see if there was any news .... don't keep us in suspense, Marianne - you know we start to worry when people go AWOL!
 
Dear brownie,
Thinking of you & wishing you well :) I hope your care has improved,& you are feeling better every day :SUNsmile:
Take care,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Brownie's Good, Bad, & Uglies
Hope things are improving and that you are feeling better each day. Let us hear from you. We care.
 
Yep.....thinking about you and would love to hear how you're doing. Wishing you good days and sleep-filled nights!!!!
 
Hello EVeryone
Love the fuschias!!!! Thanks!
Well I will get xrays of tibia on Monday before my OS appointment Monday. My tibia pain has been bad since Sunday night when I lost my balance and came down hard on my bad leg. There is increased swelling on each side of my ankle and some next to the incision. I worry I've broken the tibia. I have been wearing the boot if I am up but I haven't walked at all even with the walker. It just hurts too much. MY PT comes tomorrow and he might want me to try out walking. Now if I even adjust my ankle/foot, the pain is severe and I can feel something in the one shift. Before my osteo diagnosis I thought I had a stress fracture too so I am not a good judge. But there are these little tiny clunks,crunch or whatever that pop when I move my leg. I am having to take 2 norcos at a time now and even the MS contin at night but it's keeping me comfortable. When I wait a while to take the pain med to see what my pain level is, its up there so I am sticking with 2 tonight. The swelling is better tonight but I am now keeping a tight ACE wrap on it and keeping it elevated. Just hanging my leg down hurts so much. It is excruciating trying to walk with the walker or crutches. It would be so nice if I could just ambulate a bit.
My PICC line is running well. I've had it 4 weeks now. Thankfully no trouble with it. My closest friends are still hanging in there with me. I owe them big time and will be there for them if they ever need me.
My incision has that dusky red shiny look around it. I don't know what that means but it's ugly, like something an older person would have! (yes I am older but my knee incisions didn't have that swelly dusky redness).
I know you all have told me I will make it through this eventually.
Josephine and RestAssured or anyone else, what kind of time do you think I am looking at with being able to walk with walker or walk unassisted or go back to work? I will be on my Vancomycin until October 9th. I wish I had something to look forward to as far as expected progress. My mishap on the steps has set me back almost a week already or I think I would have been able to do more on the walker by the end of this week.
Thank you all! Love and kisses!
 
Brownie, I went back to the "archives" and dug this out of a closed thread of mine! I bet it will sound kind of familiar in some aspects as far as pain and attitude are concerned!:wink:
One year today! I am celebrating the birthday of my right knee replacement!:yahoo:

This knee has been through so much, but it has hung in there!:snork:

I still remember when it busted open two weeks after surgery, and the pain it caused me.:wink1:

I remember after having the spacer replaced, and the washout and debridement done, wanting to give up due to the pain! Amy and Keith, my Homebound physical therapists, helped me through the rough times and got me back on the road towards wellness.:dancy:

I remember relapsing with MRSA again, and meeting Dr. Maale in Dallas. The knee had turned so dark that he thought he would have to amputate my leg from above the knee!:hate-shocked:

I remember starting PT at T-Star with Chris, Katie, Rick, and Valerie and the loving support that they provided. Rick started lymph edema therapy on me, and then he taught Katie how to do it because I really liked Katie as a PT!:biggrin: (I love to give her a hard time, of course everyone already knows that!):wink1:

Now, I am at the point that we have corrected a lot of the problems with my knee!:yahoo: I still have weakness on the inner side of my knee, so the kneecap is still popping out, but not like it was! Life is looking so much better every day!

God has blessed me abundantly! :happy dance:

Happy Birthday knee! You have come a long way baby! From probable amputation, to thoughts of a complete revision

Brownie This post was written in 2011. This was before the revision. So hang in there and you will get through this! i am always around if you have any questions!

HI Sonja
So how long was it before you could weight bear on the osteo? Did you get the mushy or tiny clunks, weird feelings like the bone was cracked and realigning? I am just so curious about what to expect as far as healing and becoming functional.
Thank you for sharing your story. Your's and harplayer are the only ones I've met with my problem!
 
Hi Marianne, lovely to see you had posted but :yikes: sorry to see you had a fall on your bad leg.
Life is just not fair at times. You didn't need that.
I hope it's not broken. Keep taking those pain pills and resting. Dig into those inner reserves of patience.
It will be interesting to see what the physio thinks tomorrow.
Keep us posted with your news.
Take care and stay strong,
Hugs and healing coming your way,
Toothfairy x :SUNsmile:
 
what kind of time do you think I am looking at with being able to walk with walker or walk unassisted or go back to work?
Brownie, without a definitive diagnosis or update about your infection, it's quite impossible to say. I wouldn't think you are looking at anything short term though.
 
So sorry that you hurt your leg and that you are having so much pain at the moment - hopefully the OS will be able to give you good news on Monday.

Take good care of yourself and big hugs
xxx
:friends:
 
Brownie, since you had this fall have you contacted your doctor? It may be that you need to have things checked out. I would call today and not wait for an appointment next week.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom