Guest viewing is limited

TKR Brownie's Good, Bad, & Uglies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello friends. I saw/met Marianne today at the hospital. Not much to report, since she went into her procedure late and had just started coming around; rcovery was still adjusting her meds to control her pain. She knew who I was from our calls and emails. Her younger son (San Fran) and dad were there and it was appropriate for me to leave. It was lovely to talk with them. I will check in on her in the morning. She anticipated they would send her home tomorrow, but we think they will play it by ear, especially since she is still on heavy antibiotics for the infection. Marianne, you are far more beautiful than your picture here reveals! Sistas of the knee! Please lift prayers that this is the healing end of her ordeal.
 
Good post Lynn NightQuilter. It is good to know the surgery is over and hopefully she is on the recovery path. Thanks for the update.
I am sending healing thoughts Marianne, we are all praying for your infection to be banished, your pain to settle and your healing to happen. Sleep and heal.
Hugs Toothfairy x :sleep: :flwrysmile:
 
Hoping you are feeling better very soon Marianne. Sending you my hugs and prayers. Will check in soon to see how you are doing. You didnt deserve all this. Nobody does. Im not surprised you want to vent at your surgeon. I would want to do far more. Heal well Marianne we are all rooting for you xxxxx
 
Hello Lynn,
Thank you so much for going to visit brownie & up-dating us on her progress. I'm sure you have been a great
Comfort to her :) she has been through so much, we :angel: for her recovery & to give her strength during this
Trying time.
Healing thoughts & hugs :console2: coming her way,
Diana :flwrysmile:
Bonesmartie's are the best....you are a wonderful friend !!!!
 
As soon as Marianne can see all your comments, it will be such a tremendous support for her ~ much as she has supported so many of us in our recoveries! I spoke with Marianne at length today. Funny thing was, because of the anesthetic, she had no recall of my visit yesterday! :rotfl: Probably won't remember our conversation today either! :rolleyes: They intend to keep her in the hospital until Friday, no doubt to be sure this procedure is starting to heal right and minimize any possibility of further infection. She reports they had to make a 5 inch long cut into the bone to access the material they needed to remove. She is understandably concerned about the healing process and primarily whether this will be enough to insure the infection does not reach the knee! She is able to bear some weight, but it is extremely painful - my guess is more so than the replacement itself. I hope to get in to see her tomorrow again. Get this - GOOD hospital food! So, for all of us who had minimally trouble-free recoveries, be thankful and raise an extra prayer for Marianne that she will soon feel strength return, full healing, and pain disappear!
 
Thanks Lynn NightQuilter :goodpost:
This all sounds promising. I wholeheartedly agree with your comment about being thankful for uneventfully recoveries. I am very thankful.
Sending you more hugs Marianne and a big box of Belgian chocolates along with a basket of sweet dreams and healing thoughts.
I will catch up on your progress soon.
Hopefully you are on the mend,
Love Toothfairy x :console2: :sleep: :flwrysmile:
 
Sending you hugs, a hand to hold and prayers that the recovery starts very soon. You will by surrounded by all our good wishes even tho you cant see them. They will always be there for you from your Bonesmart family x x x
 
Marianne,

I had the osteomyelitis in the top of the tibia and I know the pain that you are speaking of! Know that now that they have cleaned it out, it will take some time for the pain to end, but it sounds like they got to it before it got your knee replacement! Thank you Lord! You will continue to be in my prayers! :friends:
 
She is understandably concerned about the healing process and primarily whether this will be enough to insure the infection does not reach the knee! She is able to bear some weight, but it is extremely painful - my guess is more so than the replacement itself. !

Oh, I guarantee you she is in more pain than when she had the replacement! Most people when they think of an infection, think in terms of a cut that gets infected and you use antibotic ointment on it and it starts feeling better.

Imagine that same "cut" deep inside your body but you didn't know about it for awhile. You felt sick, had an uneasy feeling, constant feelings of fatigue, and lost the will to care because the medical staff said it wasn't infected. Mine surfaced about 3? Brain is fuzzy weeks after surgery, but I had been posting about a week before that I wasn't feeling "right!" I guess I was "luckier" than Marianne, because when they took out the staples, 2 nights later the incision exploded, and you could see black all the way to the bone! :yikes:

Marriane has been living with this for awhile in her tibia, and when they go in and scrape it out, you would think relief right?

That is where the pain really kicks in and you dig down deep and find your resolve to get better!

Brownie, the road ahead is difficult, but I have paved the way for you. Rest as much as possible, watch funny movies sit cons etc. to get through the why me's? Lean on us for anything you need! I wish this hadn't happened to you, but as I promised, I WILL be here! We will fight together! :happydance:

By the way, it is ok, to cry, yell out, talk about how you feel! We have big shoulders and we can take it! :console2:
 
Thinking of you and sending healing wishes. (((Brownie)))
 
[Bonesmart.org] Brownie's Good, Bad, & Uglies
Brownie51, thinking of you and sending all the healing vibes I can muster. Truly hope things are improving.

[Bonesmart.org] Brownie's Good, Bad, & Uglies
 
Brownie, my heart is with you as you begin this painful recovery. I hope the pain lessens soon for you. In the meantime, don't be shy about telling your medical team you're hurting. They can give you medications to help. I'm waiting for the day when you are strong enough to post. It's coming soon!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom