TKR Brownie's Good, Bad, & Uglies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Brownie,
I am writing to you for several reasons...first to send love, prayers and healing energy your way...and to share personal experience with osteomyolitis infection and Vanco IV treatment.
In a nutshell, my hubby fell from a ladder, shattering both feet and both ankles. Lots of surgeries, lots of signs of infection in the left foot....and IV treatment with Vancomycin and eventually Daptomycin. Al had these treatments for a few months (as he eventually Dx by Infectious Disease docs with surgical implants colonized with MRSA....I share this not to scare you...but to give you great reason for hope! Al finished his antibiotic treatments and is now fully healed! He is walking and back to work full time :)
Brownie, I do know some of the scenarios that may be in your thoughts today...but I so want you to know that you can and will have victory over this infection! Al's situation was very scary...but...the drugs and docs were able to turn everything around! Please know that we are praying for your complete recovery! If you'd like to talk ever about our journey through osteomyelitis, please contact me via the private conversation link and I will share my phone number with you. Maybe something from our experience will be helpful...
Love to you,
Harplayer
(Lee)


Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
 
Brownie,
Sending you prayers and healing thoughts. I am so sorry you have to go through this, and have had to put up with poor medical care from your OS.
Take good care,
 
[Bonesmart.org] Brownie's Good, Bad, & Uglies
Hang in there, Brownie51! You can beat this thing. I'm so sorry that you are having to go through this, but you are not alone. All your BoneSmart family are standing behind you -- cheering you on with healing vibes and healing prayers. Keep the faith and be strong. You CAN do this!

Take care and know that we are here for you. [Bonesmart.org] Brownie's Good, Bad, & Uglies
 
OK - I am not getting ANY email notifications from BoneSmart now! Ugh! However, more importantly, I spoke with Marianne today (Tuesday). Send her lots of good wishes. She is still in the hospital - NOT Providence where she had the knee replacement, but UCLA-Santa Monica. Likely to get heavy-duty antibiotic course. Hope to stop in to see her Wednesday!! Woohoo, a Bonesmartie meeting!
 
Dear brownie,
Praying for a good recovery :angel: you have been through so much pain. At least in the hospital
You will be taken care of. I'm sorry you are going through this :console2: maybe now the hospital
Will listen to you & give you the respect you deserve.
Sending hugs & best wishes to you,
Diana :SUNsmile:
 
Sending healing thoughts. (((Brownie)))
 
Brownie, please don't get into too much of a panic about this. Infection being in a bone is not an arbiter of doom! You can get minor, localised infections in bone which technically is osteomyelitis but is quite well dealt with in the usual way. The definition of the word is simple: 'osteo' means bone, 'myel' means muscle and 'itis' means infection or inflammation. Therefore any infection, even fairly mild ones, are technically osteomyelitis. Also, even mild cases of osteomyelitis can be jolly painful so that doesn't necessarily mean anything sinister either. Basic facts are, it's superficial and being treated with antibiotics so I am quite sure you will be fully healed in a while.
 
NightQuilter Lynn, thanks for letting us know how Marianne is doing, you are a true BoneSmartie friend! :thumb:

Brownie51 Marianne, I just caught up on your thread, and I am so sorry that you have to go through this scary time! :console2: Please take heed to what Josephine said, she knows what she's talking about, so try not to stress yourself out too much because it sounds like you are now in excellent hands! Sending you prayer for a quick and complete recovery my friend! (((HUGS)))
 
Marianne, I have been away doing some art fairs and come back to this mess!!! Thank God for your rhemy who listened to you and took the proper actions. I also love my rhemy too!!!

I am glad to hear you are getting treatment and sad to hear that you needed it. I hope that after this infectiion is cleared up, your tibia will heal up and stop causing you to have so much pain. Sheesh---what a mess. I feel for you====you have done everything you can to have someone look at this---your doc does not listen well. Your continued pain should have clued in him----I saw an OS once who kept calling me "Honey" and telling me to do some stupid exercise---sit in a chair and lift my leg. This was after I told him that I work out in the gym for an hour a day. He just classified me as a housewife and kept on going from there. I am sure my husband could assure him that I am a terrible housewife!!!
 
Big big hugs Marianne! I am sorry that this new problem has emerged, but thank God for your Rheumy! You knew something was wrong, and you were right. I pray this is a minor infection like Jo says, and the antibiotics kick in and you are feeling better in no time. Sending healing prayers your way. I am glad to know that you will not be going back to work so soon now. Rest up and recover! xoxo :console2:
 
So sorry to hear of all your problems. I hope you are starting to make some recovery. I am so sorry this happened to you. We had our knees done almost the same time last year and I really hoped this one would be so much easier as you had spent a lot of time and effort reasearching before the op. it has become quite the opposite. A total nightmare of recovery. Sending you hugs and prayers that you will start feeling better very soon. X x
 
Brownie.....I echo all the heartfelt good wishes from your fellow BoneSmarties. I'm so sorry you are having to go through all this. Sometimes life is JUST PLAIN NOT FAIR!!!! But, I do believe you are in good hands and you have our prayers for a speedy resolution to the infection. I hope to hear from you soon.....can't wait for you to smile again! Sending ((((HUGS))))).
 
Dear brownie,
Praying for you daily :console2: that you are feeling much better :) this forum is truly like family.
We look forward when you come back to us, feeling better than ever.
Hugs & best wishes coming your way,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Dear Marianne,
I am so sorry to hear that your recovery has continued to be difficult. I am really glad a problem has been identified and is being treated. I hope you will soon be feeling much better and that your pain will soon go.
Sending you love, hugs and healing thoughts,
Toothfairy x :console2: :flwrysmile:
 
Hello Brownie...I'm so very sorry to hear you are dealing with infection! You and i had our tkr surgeries just one day apart..I've been dealing with issues with mine..but Nothing like what you are going through! I just read Josephine's note to you..I hope it makes you feel better about your situation..as she is so knowledgeable and so level headed about things..she is truly the "voice of reason" in rough situations such as yours...I feel like you are on the upswing now, and will be well taken care of (finally)! Please know there are so many people praying for you and cheering you on to a speedy recovery! Hoping to see your posts again soon with good news.. :flwrysmile:
 
Brownie,

I just got caught up on your thread. I really hope this string of challenges end soon. Here is to hoping that Josephine's words of wisdom ring true for you.
 
Thank you all for your support! Well tonight my home health nurse Paul said he doesn't know what I am talking about when I said how I am looking forward to the 2nd week mark when the pain may start to die down! So I guess I misunderstood him. I had asked him the first day of IV at home when the pain usually starts to subside and I swear I thought he told me 2 weeks. Oh well.
I have mini crying jags, when alone just suddenly feel so down. Still can't believe all this is happening. The osteo, the PICC line, nearly constant pain, not being able to work, all of it is just so nuts. So much to do, appointments and the home health visits. What a dismal existence. This is not my life! I should be doing fun things and working in my garden and going out to lunch with friends, fixing dinner for family. I try to be "normal" around people otherwise no one is going to want to hang with me. I feel so sorry for people who have to live like this permanently. I know this is (hopefully anyway!) a couple more months of this... but wow... if this was permanent I would be looking for Dr. Krevorkian. So many others have had years of this and worse cases!
The one thing...at least now I know what I am dealing with. Instead of before the MRI, had no idea why I couldn't walk and or why such pain. At least there will be some progress eventually.
I feel so mad at my OS for ignoring my concerns. What an idiot. I haven't called his office to cancel my next appt or to let him know I was hospitalized. I feel like if I tell him he will doctor up his files.
Thank you again for all your support. I know that here I can say how I really feel without repercussions or judgements. Love you all!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom