TKR Brownie's Good, Bad, & Uglies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marianne, I am glad that Lynn posted in the Social room that you had surgery. I just don't poke my head in here anymore as I couldn't keep up with all the new knees. I hope this knee will treat you well and you will be able to do the things you want to do. Good luck in your recovery.
 
I had a splint for the first 24 hours then it was off. Good luck Marranne at home! Your doggie will be happy to see you!
 
My sister had a splint for 6 weeks. During surgery something happened to a tendon and the only time she could bend her knee was during therapy. This was I think 3 years ago and she is doing well now.
 
Marianne, I'm glad to hear that you are doing well! It sounds like good drugs you're taking there kiddo, don't hesitate to ask for them and stay ahead of the pain!
 
:cheers:Congrats on being done with the surgery. On to recovery!
 
Marianne, How are you dear?!!!! You should be home in your own bed now, and getting some rest. Please post when you can.
BIG (((((((((( HUGS )))))))) for you.
 
I was just checking to see how everyone is doing and here you have had #2....:tada: Congratulations! :thumb: We would have been buddies but I am waiting till fall.... so I am jealous. You will be up and running around at Christmas while I do an instant replay of last year. :whistle:
Keep a notepad with your meds listed and check them off as you take them and keep menus for restaurant food delivery when you are not up to doing for yourself and your helpers are not handy. I know your pup will be glad to see you home!:puppysmooze:
Take care of yourself, Marianne.... Healing thoughts are being sent to you!:friends:
 
Hey, Marianne, glad you finally got that done. I had the immobilizer (splint) for several days anyway. It was fine and I think it does help with full extension. I hope you're feeling better every day. You're an old hand at this so you know what to do--take your meds on time, rest, ice, elevate and whine, whine, whine! :groan:
 
Thanks everyone! Things going great. Finally not nodding off as much. When I would start reading, writing, I would fall asleep and get timed out.
Not using walker anymore in the house. Can't do revolution yet on bike but trying. Swollen and painful but nothing like previous TKR. I feel now like I did at about 3 or 4 weeks out!
Only issue, aggressive in home PT. She is one of Dr's PTs he's trained and she forces the knee to bend in couple differnet postions. She warned me it would cause pain and swelling. So that's gone that way twice now. Today she comes and I am going to let her know I don't want anymore pushing. I gave it a try and it set me back. She said without forcing it I can end up with an MUA! I was only 4 days post op when she said that! Silly.
but I am doing great. Much better pain control this time.
I can't wait to get in my pool. I see dr on Friday and hope he allows it. My PT says he does glue, but it looks like dissolvable sutures to me. PT has some exercise you do prone and it rubbed off the dressing and a couple steri-strips so not doing that again either! ha!
I hope everyone is enjoying nice weather. It's beautiful here in sunny cal! Thank you for all your support! Lovies, Marianne
 
Marianne so nice to hear from you. Pleased things are going better for you this time round, apart from that PT. come on Marianne. Sort her out. Dont let her spoil all the hard work. I hope you have a happy healing week and keep us up to date with your progress. So happy its all over for ypu my bonesmartie buddy. Sending hugs
 
Brownie,

I'm glad it's going better than #1...look forward to more reports.

Cheers.
 
10 day post op visit to Dr yesterday. All is good. Took out sutures on ankle incision. It was pretty red. They steri stripped them. Then this am noticed thick drainage and steri strips coming off. Incision opened up. I couldn't reach my OS but my pod has Saturday am hours so ran over there. She did a culture, ordered minocin, Bactrim, and gave me a shot of Gentamycin. The biggest concern would be MRSA. That incision is where the antennae for the computer navigation system was placed on or in the tibia. I don't know if a hole was drilled into the tibia for that. Anyone know? So not much I can do now but hope this is just a superficial incision infection.
Other than that doing super. I needed to get to primary since she just had short Saturday hours so I drove myself. I did fine but had taken just one Percocet at 730am so I was really hurting by the time I made it to the pharmacy. But I'm all set with meds and ice and feel somewhat proud of handling my calamity on my own.
 
Marianne, wonderful!! This knee recovery is so much different from your first one. And I agree with Kelly...you took care of things without batting an eye. I'm proud of you too!!!
 
Well it looks a little better this am but I feel the pain on the front of my tibia when I am up, more intense than my post op knee pain. Now there is a small amount of ankle tibial pain when reclining, did not have this yesterday.
Started researching this issue and coming up with myositis ossificans that could be considered traumatic, caused by putting in the tibial tracking device. I suppose the infection is involved or maybe the pain is from the infection OR the pain could be from me being up for so long going to dr, pharmacy etc. I don't think driving could cause the pain, I had my foot on the left foot rest and felt comfortable. I will call Dr. Reff in the morning to see if there is anything more than can be done.
Josephine do you know anything about infections at the distal tibial antennae site?
Thank you, M
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom