Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Branluc has moved over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Branluc, you poor thing! I wish someone had tagged me earlier on this. Perhaps you could try and get hold of copies of the pre and post op femur so I can see what the nature of the damage is and how they have repaired it.
 
Branluc, Thinking of you and hoping surgery went/goes well. We are all waiting to hear how you are.

Hugs

Ann.x.
 
Branluc How are you doing sweetie? It is 7 PM on Thursday evening. So far so good! Please let us know how you have made out truly thinking of you my surgery partner.
 
@Branluc Oh my gooodness, I just caught up with your thread. I am so sad for you. You don't deserve this. You will be on the top my prayer list for some time. As a point of reference, 23 years ago I had a rather bad spiral fracture of the tibia/fibia (lower leg) I found out then how bad bone pain was. I'm hoping they get you the pain meds you need, more than I needed for the THR. Although for my THR I didn't have weight bearing restrictions, back when I had my fracture, I had a full leg cast and non-weight bearing for 12 weeks. It sucks to go through this, I know from experience. My leg never healed properly and I had to have 2 reconstructions done on it over the next two years. I pray your surgeon will be perfect in everything he does. Please let us know how you are, we want to help you. You will get through this, I got through my ordeal 23 years ago and you will get through this. We are here for you.
 
Hi Branluc. I kept waking up last night and thinking of you. Hope you received the good vibes. Most of all, I hope the xanax relaxed you and that the second experience wasn't too awful. Now you have a fresh start --only this time, you will be a star patient and be under a microscope for the duration of your recovery. And we are all rooting for you.
 
Going to be brief. I had general anesthesia so needless to say I'm out of it. I think I'm ok. Will check in tomorrow thanks again for all the support Good night all.
 
Branluc sleep well, or as well as you can with them poking and sticking and turning lights on and yammering at you all night long,!
Tomorrow is a new day :SUNsmile:
 
Dr just came in. All went well. Had to put in a new longer stem and wrap the femur with cable. My recovery is of course going to take 2 weeks longer . Haven't tried to walk yet and quite honestly with what's happened I'm very scared .
 
I think it's perfectly normal to feel scared. If you feel too scared to walk, express your concern to whoever is telling you to. You just went through something very traumatic. Just rest and make sure you are well medicated, bone pain is tough.
 
Branluc good morning there!:SUNsmile: Yes, I can certainly understand being afraid to walk just yet-- please, as Susan says, be sure to communicate with your caregivers very often about how you are feeling. I imagine they see so many patients with your fears, and know just what to do. it's their job; you are the beginner here :)
 
Don't worry about the delay. There really isn't a timer on recovery, we are all different. Yours starts now, try and look forward. Attitude makes a difference. Ask for reassurance whenever necessary..who wouldn't be scared? But you are on your way....your job is to rest and take it slow and steady from now on. Well done, you have been very brave.
 
Branluc Hey my surgery partner glad to hear things went well. Please don't be afraid to walk you've done it before you can do it again. I just finished with PT and opted to walk back to my room.
 
Branluc I have just caught up with your thread and had no idea what you were going through I am so sorry I see you are now through your second operation and just want to send you all my good wishes. Your recovery starts now You are in my prayers
 
Hey Liveringer
Sounds like your doing really well. Congrats. Yesterday while I was in a room alone waiting to be taken into the operating room I thought about you and for the moment didn't feel so alone. I knew you had just gone through it and it was interesting how it eased my fear a bit. I have to say this pain is intense . Nothing like I've ever felt before. I'm on IV pain meds. I did take a couple of steps but its nothing like before. Just a lot of pain and stiffness. I know I have a lot of work to do. Will also have to inject myself daily with meds to avoid blood clotting. Not looking forward to it but part of the process. This has truly been a life changing experience. I know down the road this will all be worth it but right now it's still very overwhelming. And again. Thanks all for your kind words and encouragement
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom