Catalien45
senior
- Joined
- Oct 15, 2021
- Messages
- 363
- Age
- 81
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
Hi, Booger! I’m about 1 week later than you ( oct 6), & 16 years older. I looked at the picture of stairs.....Yikes! At least there is a landing between...that should help.
Our house is 2-story, thankfully we have the landing. And, when my knee kept getting more painful, my husband put a matching rail on the side without. It appears rails on both sides are not standard. But, they really do help, I find I can put a lot of the pressure onto my arms ( and maybe my arms are getting a little stronger?)
I Do have a hard time laying around so much. But, I also find that when I overdo, it will come back to remind me.... they have a name for this- the “ over- did-it - club” . I’m learning So much from folks on this forum. Surprising how easily I wear out. I’m active - love to cook & bake, I sew, garden, just usually keep busy.
And I see that fatigue is a common problem; obviously the body’s way of saying “ you gotta rest & heal, this has been Tough on me... a real Assault on my knee!!” So, I have some good reading material, & spend a fair amount of time learning from this forum. Realistically, the Dr can’t necessarily cover everything, but others going through it help fill in those little tidbits, & have all sorts of advice.
It sounds like you have a very reasonable employer, & folks you work with. Is it a possibility at some point you could make a visit, maybe try those stairs & see how it affects your new knee? ( not suggesting right now, someone with a lot more knowledge could advise you). Just a thought.
You have a good attitude, I think that will see your recovery well. Take care, and as Hawk2go has reminded me,( and I Try to remember) slow and steady, slow & steady.
Our house is 2-story, thankfully we have the landing. And, when my knee kept getting more painful, my husband put a matching rail on the side without. It appears rails on both sides are not standard. But, they really do help, I find I can put a lot of the pressure onto my arms ( and maybe my arms are getting a little stronger?)
I Do have a hard time laying around so much. But, I also find that when I overdo, it will come back to remind me.... they have a name for this- the “ over- did-it - club” . I’m learning So much from folks on this forum. Surprising how easily I wear out. I’m active - love to cook & bake, I sew, garden, just usually keep busy.
And I see that fatigue is a common problem; obviously the body’s way of saying “ you gotta rest & heal, this has been Tough on me... a real Assault on my knee!!” So, I have some good reading material, & spend a fair amount of time learning from this forum. Realistically, the Dr can’t necessarily cover everything, but others going through it help fill in those little tidbits, & have all sorts of advice.
It sounds like you have a very reasonable employer, & folks you work with. Is it a possibility at some point you could make a visit, maybe try those stairs & see how it affects your new knee? ( not suggesting right now, someone with a lot more knowledge could advise you). Just a thought.
You have a good attitude, I think that will see your recovery well. Take care, and as Hawk2go has reminded me,( and I Try to remember) slow and steady, slow & steady.

gained a little flex also all me and no help.

