TKR Booger's Left Knee

Awww!

You are not stuck at 111, you’ll improve in time as you heal. My ROM continued to improve well into my second year, and I even saw a bit more in my third year.
That's great. Just the pt at the health park was saying something about around weeks 9 through 12 the scar tissue could be worse and cause some set backs sometimes. Thats the 1st I heard of this. But I'll make it I have too.

Booger

I don’t know where some PTs come up with these ideas.

I'm a month ahead of you and I just had improvement this week from 105 to 110. You'll get there, be patient. If you have access to a stationary bike, that will help a lot. We got a simple recumbent bike on amazon for around $179.

now that is one Serious therapist! Wonderful photo!!

I’m 11 weeks in and 92 at a push and -3… I’m reading these posts and hoping I improve. Doing stationary bike but can’t rotate, lunges on step etc… icing and elevating …. But it seems like its taking a long time. I know I shouldn’t compare … but I can’t help it :(

I’m 11 weeks in and 92 at a push and -3… I’m reading these posts and hoping I improve. Doing stationary bike but can’t rotate, lunges on step etc… icing and elevating …. But it seems like its taking a long time. I know I shouldn’t compare … but I can’t help it :(
Hang in there. It's soooo hard sometimes. But I think slow and steady wins this. Hang in there.

Booger

Wow ... especially that extension. Mine last time wasn’t that great, been trying to work on some home exercises my PT gave me.....appointment in half hour - fingers crossed! How’s your little home therapist these days? I’ve seen someone else talk about rolling pin therapy on the knee, but I forget who. Maybe that helped your numbers!

Hi Folks
Well as always its different today:snork::rotfl:. I had a 7 extension and 116 flex. No pain and he didnt push any so back to leg elevations while watching tv.
He did a 4 week evaluation i guess. Asked a bunch of questions and we did some stairs for the 1st time.
All in all I guess it went ok. I'm just ready for extension to be 0-5 with me just plopping my leg up on the table.
I hope everyone else is doing good.

Take care
Booger

One step forward, two steps back! Up and down that roller coaster, we ride.... Rest up, Booger. You'll get your good numbers back again with time.

PT came yesterday, my extension is 0 but 90 flex. They seem happy because progress has been made. Tomorrow I go to PT at the clinic, I heard that they push you harder there. I'll be evaluating them while they evaluate me!

Rest up, Booger. You'll get your good numbers back again with time.
Yeah probably be more highs and lows. Also they say everyone of them reads them different.
PT came yesterday, my extension is 0 but 90 flex. They seem happy because progress has been made. Tomorrow I go to PT at the clinic, I heard that they push you harder there. I'll be evaluating them while they evaluate me!
Its a rollercoaster ride just hang in there. One day at a time sometimes it's hrs and mins at a time.
Just dont let them hurt ya too bad.

Booger

Sounds like yours is doing pretty well, Booger. Mine have bounced around some the past few times, this week a little. Better. I think I’m about due for that evaluation the insurance folks look for. You need to get that little home therapist to work on your knee some more! He was Very serious about his work.

You need to get that little home therapist to work on your knee some more! He was Very serious about his work.
He will be back on Friday. I'm sure he's gonna wanna help me exercise and work on my knee. He really likes using the therabands and leg lifts.
My knee still looks deformed after 6 weeks.
20211111_090119.jpg

But I guess its normal I dont know? Sleep is all over the place. Not really hurting just feels different kinda aches. I guess because I'm still getting used too it.
Booger

@Booger I feel like mine looks deformed because I’ve lost muscle mass in my calf. The therapists told me it would take months to get it back. Oh well, getting ready for the winter and maybe I will have it in shape by spring!
sorry about the sleep! I am grateful to be able to sleep well.

My knee still looks deformed after 6 weeks.
I read back in my LTKR journal that, after a few months, I asked "will my knee ever look normal again". Someone answered emphatically, YES, but it may take a while. Well the LTKR looks normal now and the RTKR is actually not that far behind in looking normal. The 2nd knee is definitely showing off.

Well todays pt was good. 4 and 116 so pretty happy. I also joined the exercise is medicine program. Get access to a heated exercise pool. Regular pool and hot tub. Exercise machines. 50 bucks for 2mths with the option to get it back in 2 mths or pay 61 bucks a month and stay. But the airdine and new step are pretty good for me now at 5 mins each 1st week. The pt said i could probably do the elliptical macine for 2 mins each direction the 1st week. But she said i need to go slow. The heated pool and hot tub felt too fine.

Booger

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member