TKR Booger's Left Knee

Wow, @Booger, I worry about you back at work so soon. I hope your knee isn't complaining too badly. Your scar looks great, like you had surgery a year ago or more. You do have some swelling still. I hope you can get some time each day to ice and take it easy!!
 
Wow, @Booger, I worry about you back at work so soon. I hope your knee isn't complaining too badly. Your scar looks great, like you had surgery a year ago or more. You do have some swelling still. I hope you can get some time each day to ice and take it easy!!
Thanks Susie Q,
I hope it will be all good. I'm banking on it. I have too. Cant retire yet. I have been icing some at home. And we have some of those instant ice packs at work. But my guys dont wanna see my ugly legs. I did lay one on the outside of my pants and it did feel pretty good for about 5 mins or so.
I hope your recovery is going well? Take care.

Booger
 
@Booger - My work is quite different from yours but when I actually had to go into the office with my LTKR (at 5 weeks), I clipped bags of ice to my pants outside the knee whenever I got to sit down. They really helped me throughout the day.
 
You can ice fine through pants. Probably you need something that lasts longer than those instant ice packs, though. :console2:
 
Well hello folks,
Still working so far. Some days are better than others. Knee is still weak and has some pains. Probably muscular. Swells sometimes stiff sometimes. But all around its better than before. Just ready for some warm weather so I can ride my bike some. The exercise bike did wonders.

I hope all of ya'll have been doing good? I got the omicron I didn't even know I had it other than some fatigue. They caught it at work as we are testing every 7 days.
Supposed to go to the dentist Monday for a cleaning and forgot to tell my knee surgeon. He is wanting me to take antibiotics so I'll try and get ahold of them monday before my appointment. Do any of ya'll take the antibiotics before hand?

Well take care friends

Booger
 
Some people do some don't. I didn't. We recommend you do what your doctor says. He knows you much better than we do! :heehee:
 
Your dentist's office can most likely fill that prescription for you. Call them and ask. This is what mine does!
 
Thanks sistersinhim and susie-q I appreciate it.
 
My surgeon wants me to wait 6 months before any invasive dentistry, including cleanings. I'm not sure if he wants antibiotics even after 6 months. I see him on Monday and that question is on the list.
 
Hi @Booger My dentist wants me to take antibiotics for cleaning (and other procedures) for a full two years post-op. He is so insistent, he orders the prescription for me!

Also, like @kate97497, I was advised by my surgeon to wait 6 months before a cleaning. He advised me to follow my dentist's instructions regarding the antibiotics.
 
My OS is an antibiotics for dentistry guy but I'm gathering info against. He prescribes 8 gazillion mg amoxicillin 1 hour before any dental procedure and it must be common enough that my dentist gave me some when I forgot mine so I wouldn't have to reschedule.

@Booger, I'm glad your work situation is tolerable. I iced after work for many months.
 
My surgeon told me to call his office a week before dental appointment and he'd prescribe antibiotics. I guess I don't know for how long he would me to keep taking them for additional dental appointments.
 
Yup gonna be for 2yrs here. I had to reschedule.

I'm glad your work situation is tolerable. I iced after work for many months.
Yeah it's good most times but when it runs bad it's usually not good after work. :snork::rotfl::heehee: . But it will get better. I hope.

Booger
 
Hi, Booger.... good to see you! How are those stairs at work? I remember the photos you posted early on... they looked like a real challenge! A few weeks ago, when I had a fluid buildup on my knee, my surgeon recommended either an ace bandage, or one of those supports ( without the hole, lest the little fluid bump pooched through...☺️). We had found one before my surgery, when my knee was so bad, on Amazon. It was black, & really gave good support. So I dug that out, & started wearing it. It is helping my fluid pouch, and also gives me a lot of support. Also, I feel a lot more secure, in case I should fall. He said the ones you find in drugstores would also be fine. I pretty much wear it all the time, especially when we’re walking.
Gosh, you had Covid! I’m so glad to hear that it was at least a mild case. We are still being super careful. It’s been bad here (Covid), but seems to be letting up. Yesterday we ate at a restaurant for the first time in over 2 years! We had brunch at a Cajun-Creole restaurant with our son & his girlfriend, & our daughter’s family. It is a big, open place, with high ceilings, so we felt pretty safe. Also, not many people there ( it’s been snowing, & was single digits, currently -2 & snowing). And, breakfast was Delicious! I’m definitely looking forward to warmer days, getting out in our garden & going to our Farmers Market with my new knee.
I’m due for a dental cleaning, & got clearance from my surgeon. I’m already taking a strong antibiotic from my infection, so I should be fine. Good luck with your dentist!
It sounds like you are maybe now on a little break from work? If so, enjoy ! And take care, my friend.....
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom