THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

You sound in such good spirits.

@Fit4Family

I guess overall I am. This setback will get fixed. To a large degree it’s out of my control and I can only do the best I can and no more. In a prior life I had a very stressful job managing large expensive projects and learned to only fret about the things and parts I could control and let the rest go. I’m not always so successful with it but it’s working for this. I have confidence that in a not too distant future this will be solved.

Don’t confuse this by me being patient; it’s not the same. :loll:

(Edited to remove an inadvertently copied comment to Apple. But I’m getting the new iPhone!)

Last edited:
Oh a femur fracture and you still mange to plod on with a certain cheeriness--gee. Gotta have faith in this business of 4 steps forward 3 steps back.Guess the only way is to take the day for that day,not look back, nor forward just be in the present. Seems like you are coping very well.

@ceezee I had to think about your comment of "prior" life?
So you are reincarnated?:heehee: Just a little humor to cheer you up. I'm always wondering what or who I would come back as if there really was reincarnation. :heehee: You will survive this, you are a fighter and realist, not a Doubting Thomas. ♥️

@ceezee you've obviously learned don't sweat the small stuff. That's a favorite mantra for military folks, just go with the flow or you make yourself crazy. You're doing well and realize this has to really exercising that patience muscle but have faith it will get better. Have to chuckle about people assume you're injured with crutches vs looking at you like you've got two heads when using the cane.!
:loll:

Guess the only way is to take the day for that day,not look back, nor forward just be in the present. Seems like you are coping very well.
You summed up the approach that’s working for me....at least now. Even the OS remarked about how calm I was taking everything. Maybe my living in Japan for two years is helping me deal with this.

:yes!::happydance::wave::wowspring:

Best news from my OS appointment today. The implant has not shifted, great bone growth from interior of femur to the implant, and ....... the fracture is now pretty much invisible. I had phenomenal healing, better than anyone expected. Everything looked amazing.

It’s two more weeks of non weight bearing to solidify everything and then I can move to total weight bearing. So on September 26th, a Thursday, I’ll be walking with both legs again. I have a follow up appointment and more X-rays with the PA on that next Monday so there’s no surprises. I should expect some soreness when I start walking again.

I am on cloud nine.

PTL! Fantastic news! @ceezee I'm so very happy for you. :happydance::yay:
I'll bet the weight bearing restrictions won't feel as annoying for the next two weeks with todays revelation.
You need to celebrate Woohoo! :yes!:
Sending a warm celebration hug your way. :friends: Tonight your sleep will be sweet. :)

Woohoo! Great news @ceezee! That had to make your week.
:happydance:

I can now relax. I didn’t even know I was tense but I was. This made my month! Or two months!

Tomorrow night we’re going out to dinner. This is the first time since I got the news about the fracture. It’s a favorite local place with excellent food and tons of very close parking. It’s even looking like we may be able to dine outside which is always fun.

Sleep tonight will be sweet. :sleep:

:happydance: Best news ever!! Somehow, it just seemed like you were healing up nicely! I think it was your calmness and the help of Ripple coming into your life.. :dogwalk:
Come on September 26th!

news from my OS appointment today. The implant has not shifted, great bone growth from interior of femur to the implant, and ....... the fracture is now pretty much invisible. I had phenomenal healing, better than anyone expected. Everything looked amazing.
:yes!:
Great news.:happydance:

Congratulations @ceezee ! You've been a model patient through this whole ordeal and a real trooper to boot. It's so nice to see your efforts rewarded. Not long now and you'll be zooming ahead again! :dancy:

My Apple Watch yesterday showed I had walked nearly a mile...over 2000 steps. On crutches. And it doesn’t even like to count when you are on crutches. I don’t think I’ve walked that much over the entire last two weeks.

All of it was associated with my doctors appointment and how far the X-ray room was from the waiting area. :)

Last edited:
What happy, happy news, @ceezee! I am sure you were feeling very stoked when you left the doctor's office, with a smile on your face. Hope your dinner tonight is a very celebratory one (a toast with wine, maybe?) as you and your husband have a wonderful meal. Hurray!

Great news, ceezee and you handled it well!
I hope you and hubby have a lovely relaxed dinner away from home this evening.
Enjoy!
@ceezee

Dinner out was fantastic!

Unfortunately dear husband just let me know he’s going to be working at least 6 days a week from now until mid October. I may just go nuts. My best hope is that after these two weeks of non weight bearing I’ll be cleared to drive shortly thereafter. Yes, this is my semiretired husband. After all, these are the least of potential problems.

Last edited:
I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your dinner, ceezee
I'll keep my fingers crossed you're cleared to drive soon after the weight bearing restriction is lifted.
Have a great weekend!
@ceezee

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Forum statistics

Threads