THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

I thought I’d give a quick update. The Norway trip we’d planned was delayed due to Covid concerns until this year. That’s where we are right now! In Norway. Last year we did a couple of driving trips to Maine and Canada, which were fun,

I have to say I never give a single thought to my powerful titanium hips. They work beautifully. The only time they come up is when I’m taking a plane flight and have to explain to the security people.

It’s been four years! So hard to believe.

I hope all is well with all of you!

This forum made all the difference in giving me the best possible outcome.
 
So good to hear from you, ceezee! Thanks for stopping by to update.
Love that you’re doing so well and back to living life with the pain.
Safe travels and enjoy Norway!
@ceezee
 
:wave:
so glad you popped in....and to hear you are doing so well!
New hips rock:dancy:
 
@ceezee good to hear from you, happy your hips are serving you well so get back to enjoying Norway you lucky duck! :wave:
 
It’s been a couple of years since I last popped in to give a brief update. SIX years since I got both hips replaced, two months apart. They are still doing great and no complaints. The only issue is going through security stations takes a bit more time to get a pat down.

Although my husband doesn’t retire until the end of this year we’ve been doing some traveling and it’s such a joy to be free of all that pain that can just sneak up on you.

We’ve caught the cruising bug and late last year did one in the Mediterranean and this December are doing a transatlantic voyage from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale. It’s a great combination of relaxation and activity.

I know I’m lucky that my bones are super strong and the THR went so well.

My surgeon said that unless I run into a concern to see him again 10 years after the surgery so hopefully I still have a way to go. They do send every year a questionnaire about how I’m doing and feeling. So unless something in my responses shows a red flag that should hold.

I hope everyone is doing well and it’s great to see so many familiar faces. ❤️❤️❤️
 
Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing an update, @ceezee! So happy to read that your "new" hips are doing well and enabling you to live life to the fullest

I know your story will give hope and inspiration to anyone who is still early days in their hip replacement journey.

Enjoy your upcoming cruise!
:flwrysmile:
 
Thanks for taking prescious time to post an update! I'm having a staged replacement (with a longer gap) and it's been encouraging to read your early recovery journal alongside this wonderful update. Thanks :)
 
In retrospect, I should have waited longer than two months in between the surgeries. I’d say a minimum of three. I just wanted to get it done over the summer as fall is my favorite season.
 
Hip recovery seems to have a mind of it's own. I guess you couldn't have predicted getting the fracture and even at four months that would have been a challenge. The fantastic news is that you achieved a great recovery in the long term despite some challenges.
 
Hi ceezee :wave:
Another old BoneSmart buddy I'm happy to see was on the forum this morning. SurreyGirl stopped by today also.
Such a pleasant surprise. Thanks for posting an update! Inspirational for those following behind you for sure. It sounds like you're doing really well and living your best life. Lots of travel...without the pain. I hope you enjoy your December cruise and have a wonderful rest of the Summer.
All best wishes!
@ceezee
 
@ceezee Isn't it amazing to say it's been 6 years already? What a wonderful update! Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy that retirement when it's in full bloom and keep living that best life. Blessings.
 
Helloooo @ceezee !!
So good to read your update.
The cruise sounds so exciting, having two strong legs to explore with sounds great to me!!
My hips are doing grand also, it never ceases to amaze me how this surgery gives us our lives back.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom